Draft Q Nelson bandwagon

Stinger226

I'm in Colombia for the month and am just on my phone so i can't post a link but I just watched a Q Nelson highlights video. Can someone post the link? It was on twitter with thr tilte, Why the Bears can't pass up drafting Q. Nelson.

He is a total stud. If Long is healthy cut ties with Sitton ( our best OL last year) He is 31 and missed 6 games in the last 2 years. Time to move on and grab the best OL prospect to come out of college in last 5 years, stated by one scout.

I know it's just a OG but is a potential 8 to 10 year all pro prospect.

Leno- Q Nelson-Whitehair-healthy Long-New RT ( my choice would be 2nd round pick Kolton Miller.

STUD OL with attitude. Morgan and Kush as backups.

Done deal OMG

I'm in Colombia for the month and am just on my phone so i can't post a link but I just watched a Q Nelson highlights video. Can someone post the link? It was on twitter with thr tilte, Why the Bears can't pass up drafting Q. Nelson.

He is a total stud. If Long is healthy cut ties with Sitton ( our best OL last year) He is 31 and missed 6 games in the last 2 years. Time to move on and grab the best OL prospect to come out of college in last 5 years, stated by one scout.

I know it's just a OG but is a potential 8 to 10 year all pro prospect.

Leno- Q Nelson-Whitehair-healthy Long-New RT ( my choice would be 2nd round pick Kolton Miller.

STUD OL with attitude. Morgan and Kush as backups.

Done deal OMG

I believe this is what you are looking for.

http://dabearsbros.com/bears-quenton-nelson/

Nelson has to be in our top 5 considerations.

I really like Nelson. My question with him is why couldn't the well-regarded Harry Hiestand correct his poor technique?

If he continues grabbing guys outside the shoulders in the NFL he'll get a lot of holding calls. Sitton gets away with it but he doesn't try to maul DTs out of the way he just sort of guides them to one side or the other and let's the RB take care of the rest. In other words, Sitton can release his hold easier than a guy like Nelson who is working to run over the DT. Which brings to mind another question: If we're keeping the Zone Blocking Scheme do we really need a powerful OG like Nelson who doesn't have the best feet? He's not horrible by any means but he does struggle at times in space.

I really like Nelson. My question with him is why couldn't the well-regarded Harry Hiestand correct his poor technique? If he continues grabbing guys outside the shoulders in the NFL he'll get a lot of holding calls. Sitton gets away with it but he doesn't try to maul DTs out of the way he just sort of guides them to one side or the other and let's the RB take care of the rest. In other words, Sitton can release his hold easier than a guy like Nelson who is working to run over the DT. Which brings to mind another question: If we're keeping the Zone Blocking Scheme do we really need a powerful OG like Nelson who doesn't have the best feet? He's not horrible by any means but he does struggle at times in space.

I think Nelson has great feet, he moves/pulls like a RB hitting a hole with his 6-5 325 frame. Check out some of the video clips with him pulling. Powerful and violent he is, but that is his attitude and if he struggles it is not often. The guy could go #2 to NYG because he is all that.

I am not saying he is a must draft for the Bears but I think he is a "for sure" talent.