Top 10 draftable Bear choices.

Stinger226

I think we can all agree the Bears will not be taking RB and QB with our first pick.

So here is a ongoing list of the top 10 minus those positions.

M. Fitzpatrick

B. Chubbs

Q. Nelson

These are the three I consistently see in the top 10 as I view a ton of moch drafts. I will expand this as I view more regularly on players in the top 10.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we can all agree the Bears will not be taking RB and QB with our first pick. So here is a ongoing list of the top 10 minus those positions. M. Fitzpatrick B. Chubbs Q. Nelson These are the three I consistently see in the top 10 as I view a ton of moch drafts. I will expand this as I view more regularly on players in the top 10.
As crazy as it sounds, it would very hard to pass on Saquon Barkley with our pick.

At this point I'm still staying with Connor Williams our first pick. Marcus Davenport is second on my list but I need to see how he performs in drills leading up to the draft. I've given up on Chubbs being there and we are not trading up, nor do I think he's worth trading up for.

After watching Foles tear up the Vikings because he had time all day long to make throws on deep routes and double moves I want to see Trubisky have that opportunity. Put Williams at RT with Leno at LT... for now.

Maybe. Barkley is a super talent.

when the best player available is that much of a stud you gotta consider it.

Green Bay took Rogers with Favre in his prime.

He wont be there at 8 tho.

You gotta add Calvin Ridley to this list, because he is likely to be the pick. Or Courtland Sutton.

You gotta add Calvin Ridley to this list, because he is likely to be the pick. Or Courtland Sutton.

I love both Ridley and Sutton but I think they are more the target in a trade down scenario. I'm thinking around pick 15

As crazy as it sounds, it would very hard to pass on Saquon Barkley with our pick.

That would almost be as bad as a QB. I could pass on Barkley in a heartbeat. He may end up being great, but it's absolutely one of the lowest needs for the team.

I love both Ridley and Sutton but I think they are more the target in a trade down scenario. I'm thinking around pick 15

That would be ideal, but I think in the current market prices are higher than we think.

The NFL has seen such inflation in the cap, that the draft becomes even more valuable, and for example a QB who only played 13 games in college becomes someone to trade UP for. And we think, that guy hasnt done enough to warrant that. And we are totally right about what he has done, and how much risk there is.

But like old men who havent been to the grocery store in 15 years, they cant believe how expensive everything is. And yes, even the QB that we identified correctly STILL has a price tag that high. He isnt being overrated by ability, his fair price is just insane compared to what we are used to.

And Ridley and Sutton may be the same. Especially if our staff has a clear preference for one over the other.

it's crazy out there. But yeah a trade down and still get Ridley or Sutton after they new coaches and pace have agreed that the talent is good, that'd be amazing.

So I guess I'm saying, I dunno if they'll be there at 15.

That would be ideal, but I think in the current market prices are higher than we think.

The NFL has seen such inflation in the cap, that the draft becomes even more valuable, and for example a QB who only played 13 games in college becomes someone to trade UP for. And we think, that guy hasnt done enough to warrant that. And we are totally right about what he has done, and how much risk there is.

But like old men who havent been to the grocery store in 15 years, they cant believe how expensive everything is. And yes, even the QB that we identified correctly STILL has a price tag that high. He isnt being overrated by ability, his fair price is just insane compared to what we are used to.

And Ridley and Sutton may be the same. Especially if our staff has a clear preference for one over the other.

it's crazy out there. But yeah a trade down and still get Ridley or Sutton after they new coaches and pace have agreed that the talent is good, that'd be amazing.

So I guess I'm saying, I dunno if they'll be there at 15.

Nicely put. I completely understand where your coming from with that analogy. Honestly I don't care if we "reach" for a player. Only thing that matters is that we knock it out of the park. My thinking recently has changed from getting 1 of those guys to getting a couple guys in FA then take a defensive stud with our 1st pick and then look at a WR in the 2nd. Depending on what happens with resigning our corners I'm sort of leaning towards a mincah Fitzpatrick with that pick

Nicely put. I completely understand where your coming from with that analogy. Honestly I don't care if we "reach" for a player. Only thing that matters is that we knock it out of the park. My thinking recently has changed from getting 1 of those guys to getting a couple guys in FA then take a defensive stud with our 1st pick and then look at a WR in the 2nd. Depending on what happens with resigning our corners I'm sort of leaning towards a mincah Fitzpatrick with that pick

Yeah, either way we are going to revamp the WRs, and adding any of the top 10 non QBs would impact our team positively.

You can never have enough pass rushers. Dominant Corners really help in the playoffs.

Of course that's because they stop Qbs and WRs who are obviously equally important.

It all really hinges on Halas Hall's evaluation of the talent in Free Agency and the Draft class. Luckily, (or was it plan?) we are in position to ride an ascending defense, and we have the QB already in place, and have therefore attracted offensive minded coaches who have the experience to evaluate WRs better than probably anyone else there.

A couple more names I am starting to see consistently are Tremaine Edwards /olb and Denzel Ward/cb. Also Marcus Davenport seems to be moving up fast. The combine should sort out the higher regarded players.

Hopefully the QBs (Allen/Mayfield) blow up the senior bowl and put some heat on teams looking for QB. Would love to get Buffalos two firsts at 21 and 22. Would think we could get a top OLB and WR/OT with those two picks.

The thing is that would be a luxury pick and we're not in a position roster wise to make luxury picks. When Green Bay took Rodgers The Packers were a perennial playoff team. With Favre at the top of his game. Many questioned the pick it worked out for them, they could afford to let Rodgers sit behind Favre and develop.

Not saying we can't reach that point with Trubisky. If we get to the point where we're a regular playoff team and Trubisky is playing well we might then have the luxury of drafting a QB high to develop. Rodgers wasn't the first QB GB drafted while Favre was going strong. Same thing with NE and Brady.

I rarely see any Wrs rated top 15. No way , unless we move down are we taking Wrs in the first round. I can see them reaching a few spots but not for a WR. Pass rusher seems to about that valve in top 10.

That would almost be as bad as a QB. I could pass on Barkley in a heartbeat. He may end up being great, but it's absolutely one of the lowest needs for the team.

I know what you probably would like for the first pick but the Bears are using 3 players to do what Barkley can do. Cunningham,Howard and Cohen. Most teams have been doing a 1- 2 punch Howard and Barkley would be awesome. I want Davenport with that first pick but, Barkley would be hard to pass up.

I know what you probably would like for the first pick but the Bears are using 3 players to do what Barkley can do. Cunningham,Howard and Cohen. Most teams have been doing a 1- 2 punch Howard and Barkley would be awesome. I want Davenport with that first pick but, Barkley would be hard to pass up.

I wouldn't say Barkley would replace Cohen, but I can see Howard and Cunningham. With all the other holes to fill, that would be a luxury pick which I don't think we can afford right now.

Also, without addressing the O-Line and passing game, I don't know how effective Barkley would be anyway.

I wouldn't say Barkley would replace Cohen, but I can see Howard and Cunningham. With all the other holes to fill, that would be a luxury pick which I don't think we can afford right now.

Also, without addressing the O-Line and passing game, I don't know how effective Barkley would be anyway.

With our #8 pick (no brainer) Fitzpatrick/CB

Chubb/DE-OLB

next in line Q. Nelson/OG

T. Edmunds/OLB

C. Williams/OT

M. McGlinchey/OT

M. Davenport?OLB

D. Ward/CB

D. James/S

A. Key/OLB-DE

Chubb/DE-OLB

T. Edmunds/OLB

C. Williams/OT

M. McGlinchey/OT

M. Davenport?OLB

D. Ward/CB

D. James/S

A. Key/OLB-DE

By saying no brainer your acting like it's not even up for discussion lol. Personally I'd rather have Nelson over Fitzpatrick but my top 10 includes Ridley because I do believe in our system with trubisky there he can truly be special

By saying no brainer your acting like it's not even up for discussion lol. Personally I'd rather have Nelson over Fitzpatrick but my top 10 includes Ridley because I do believe in our system with trubisky there he can truly be special

From the point of my opinion. everybody has one.

Chubb/DE-OLB

T. Edmunds/OLB

C. Williams/OT

M. McGlinchey/OT

M. Davenport?OLB

D. Ward/CB

D. James/S

A. Key/OLB-DE

I have more homework to do on Fitzpatrick. I admit when I watched him live in the playoffs he never really jumped out as a potential elite player, someone worth the #8 overall. I'll bring up what I've said for the last few years. On that Alabama defense it is hard to standout. The flip side is how much is all that talent helping a player? I'm sure some 'Bama fans will get on my case (again) but right now my sense is Fitzpatrick looks like he'll be a very good safety in the NFL. So does 4th Rd pick Eddie Jackson. By most accounts he does not have the athletic talents of a player like Jaylen Ramsey but we'll find that out soon enough. His best attribute appears to be his versatility in the defensive backfield. Again, that's similar to Ramsey except Ramsey is an elite athlete.

For now my thoughts are that if Fitzpatrick looks more like an NFL safety than CB then I don't want to take him at #8. We have much higher needs than S and there will be similar talent grades, if not higher, still on the board.

I have more homework to do on Fitzpatrick. I admit when I watched him live in the playoffs he never really jumped out as a potential elite player, someone worth the #8 overall. I'll bring up what I've said for the last few years. On that Alabama defense it is hard to standout. The flip side is how much is all that talent helping a player? I'm sure some 'Bama fans will get on my case (again) but right now my sense is Fitzpatrick looks like he'll be a very good safety in the NFL. So does 4th Rd pick Eddie Jackson. By most accounts he does not have the athletic talents of a player like Jaylen Ramsey but we'll find that out soon enough. His best attribute appears to be his versatility in the defensive backfield. Again, that's similar to Ramsey except Ramsey is an elite athlete.

For now my thoughts are that if Fitzpatrick looks more like an NFL safety than CB then I don't want to take him at #8. We have much higher needs than S and there will be similar talent grades, if not higher, still on the board.

He's a huge talent and will be able to play CB at a high level