Good News!

BearFan PHX

This is great news. I was having a Twitter discussion with Olin Kruetz about the topic of how much a S&C Coach matters. He said they definitely could affect a player's conditioning level (both in a positive or negative way).

I didn't think they played as big of a role as they did in the past since it seems like everyone has their own personal trainers, but I have to believe Olin over my own speculation.

I think the big difference is whether you focus on strength or flexibility.

I posted on here years ago when they fired Rusty whateverhisnamewas and Emery brought in strength guys that it was a mistake.

Obviously you build strength no matter what, but if you follow what Tom Brady is all about in terms of nutrition and flexibility, then there is something about flexibility training that helps to avoid injuries.

We sure have had a lot of them. I hope Pace knocks this one out of the park too.

Im not saying we are going to be the best team in the league year in and year out, but i think we are on our way to being a constant top 15 or top 10 team year in and year out with our fair share of playoff appearances, and hopefully, a couple super bowl victories as well.

The arrow is pointing up, and I think we are about to have a real live NFL team. There are only like 12 of them in the league.

I was just using Brady as a way to talk about it, because he's in the news talking about it, but youre right that he is a QB and doesnt get hit the same.

Still, I think that flexibility training does help reduce injuries at every position.

I was just using Brady as a way to talk about it, because he's in the news talking about it, but youre right that he is a QB and doesnt get hit the same.

Still, I think that flexibility training does help reduce injuries at every position.

Agreed and these old hamstrings agree.lol

I don't know how much is to blame on the coaches but after so many injuries and then according to pace they made changes to scheduling etc and we still have an incredible number of injuries. Somebody did the math and come up with 10 starters 6 off them were defensive finished the year on IR. Had the 2nd most games missed just behind the Lions with something like 530 missed games. Something had to give. We tried schedules and stuff and that didn't work. Therefore coaches had to be next. Hopefully we can become somewhat healthy starting next yr

• 2 weeks later...

Propper conditioning has a lot to do with finding the proper balance between strength and flexibility. They work hand in hand. You need flexibility and good range of motion to help your body give and not be as prone to soft tissue injury, but you need the strength to not only take the hits/punishment but to counter the force put on your body.

Seems like a lot of our injuries in recent years have been of the soft tissue variety where if the focus is mainly on strength but lack of focus on flexibility means our players joints aren't as forgiving when put under stress.

Hopefully we can get someone in who will improve the overall durability of our players we can't continue to lose key players at the rate we've seen.