Denzel Ward

AZ54

Does anyone think we should take this guy with our first round pick? I don't like him and think he's nothing more than a NB in the NFL. I've seen him mocked to us at #8 in several places. Everything I've seen of him on film just shows a quick little guy. When he tackles someone he's usually going for a ride backwards about 3yards. That won't get any better in the NFL. Some smaller players have the ability to play bigger, Callahan comes to mind, but I haven't seen that in the film I watched. I think players like Alshon Jeffrey, who Ward can easily run with, would own him on all jump balls.

I haven't seen anyone calling for us to draft him at #8 nor even in a trade back scenario so I suspect nobody else is enamored with his play.

Does anyone think we should take this guy with our first round pick? I don't like him and think he's nothing more than a NB in the NFL. I've seen him mocked to us at #8 in several places. Everything I've seen of him on film just shows a quick little guy. When he tackles someone he's usually going for a ride backwards about 3yards. That won't get any better in the NFL. Some smaller players have the ability to play bigger, Callahan comes to mind, but I haven't seen that in the film I watched. I think players like Alshon Jeffrey, who Ward can easily run with, would own him on all jump balls.

I haven't seen anyone calling for us to draft him at #8 nor even in a trade back scenario so I suspect nobody else is enamored with his play.

I think the only option at #8 is Fritzpatrick as a CB. He fits the length and physicality at the CB position in Fangio scheme. Ward does not.

I think with the prospect of us signing D. Amerson to go along with resigning Fuller and we will be set at CB for starters anyway. Draft a prospect in the 4th or later and fill in around them. Amerson played well as a CB in 2015-16 with 42 PDs and 6 ints. He has more play maker ability than resigning Prince.

I think the only option at #8 is Fritzpatrick as a CB. He fits the length and physicality at the CB position in Fangio scheme. Ward does not.

I think with the prospect of us signing D. Amerson to go along with resigning Fuller and we will be set at CB for starters anyway. Draft a prospect in the 4th or later and fill in around them. Amerson played well as a CB in 2015-16 with 42 PDs and 6 ints. He has more play maker ability than resigning Prince.

Even if I'm not yet sold on him I agree on Fitzpatrick being the only real DB option in the top 10.

Amerson is interesting. From what I've seen of some highlights his style fits what Fangio wants. Pace can kick the tires and see if he's healthy but I'd be surprised if we sign him this early.

Even if I'm not yet sold on him I agree on Fitzpatrick being the only real DB option in the top 10.

Amerson is interesting. From what I've seen of some highlights his style fits what Fangio wants. Pace can kick the tires and see if he's healthy but I'd be surprised if we sign him this early.

I think with Paces pro active quickness on grabbing coaches, that if they view him as doable , sign him early to give him the edge on filling needs in FA. If he fits, we sign him , pay fuller what he wants and have those needs filled before going after WRs and OLB help.

Someone that snuck in under the radar is former Auburn alum and two year CFLer Jonathan Mincy. Interesting as he was brought in within days of Nagys arrival.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0110-story.html

That was quite awhile ago, but he is the slot corner type and probably will play the spot Callahan played when he wasn't hurt.

Someone that snuck in under the radar is former Auburn alum and two year CFLer Jonathan Mincy. Interesting as he was brought in within days of Nagys arrival.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0110-story.html

Seems like a good prospect to bring to camp. Maybe he can become a Nathan Vasher?

Seems like a good prospect to bring to camp. Maybe he can become a Nathan Vasher?

He has improved every year and looks to be ascending.

I think with him and the possibility of signing Amerson, I think that diminishes the thought process of taking a CB early.

I think we end up resigning Fuller even though he will cost an arm and a leg. I think we bring in one more CB in free agency and cut Cooper.

Therefore, we draft a CB in the middle rounds to add depth and a future prospect.

The only way we take a CB with the first pick is if Fritzpatrick is available at #8. A stud that can play several positions in the DB backfield.

That was quite awhile ago, but he is the slot corner type and probably will play the spot Callahan played when he wasn't hurt.

Yes I know it was awhile ago. Haven’t been here in awhile and saw the talk of prospective CBs. But I thought it interesting that it was shortly after Nagy was hired and shortly before Fangio re-upped. Indicating at some level both (or at least one) coaches endorsed it.

And for what it’s worth, although I can’t attest to the likeliness of Amerson being signed I agree mostly with what else you wrote below. Makes sense.

Looks like competition for the NB role. Don't see the speed or length to compete on the outside. Mincy looks like he has very good quickness and he's physical, similar to LeBlanc except he seems to be a bit faster. It's hard to tell much from a 3min highlight film. Now playing in the NFL vs. Canada is a huge difference so he has his work cutout for him if he wants to make the roster.

Looks like competition for the NB role. Don't see the speed or length to compete on the outside. Mincy looks like he has very good quickness and he's physical, similar to LeBlanc except he seems to be a bit faster. It's hard to tell much from a 3min highlight film. Now playing in the NFL vs. Canada is a huge difference so he has his work cutout for him if he wants to make the roster.

In this highlight I noticed he played outside corner for the CFL. One thing in his favor is that the CFL is a pass happy league, so he was tested often. He looks to have to a pretty decent vertical. Makes me think a lot of Tim Jennings who wasnt all that horrible and not all that tall himself at 5’8”.