Predicting our WR group

Stinger226

White is here till he proves he sucks as one of a group of 6.

I think we resign Meredith and cut lose Wheaton saving 5 mil on the cap.

They will make a decision to go back to Wright or bring in Albert Wilson to play the slot, whatever Nagy is most comfortable with.

The three amigos for the WR position are Robinson, Landry and Watkins. I think Watkins and Robinson get tagged so that leaves Landry with a fat contract that will take us out of the running.

The next group with upside are (27 or younger)

Jordan Matthews ( not in any particular order)

Taylor Gabriel

Donte Moncrief

Tyrell Williams

Marquis Lee

Quincy Enunwa

Paul Richardson

Out of this group going by what I think they will look like in WRs

I think we sign Marquis Lee (upside with the potential of being a strong #2)

My other choice will be my deep threat acquistion (RFA) Tyrell Williams ( Chargers are paying Allen 10 mil, signed Benjamin giving him 7 mil got next year. Drafted M. Williams paying 5 mil. )

no way they offer him any kind of money.

I think in the draft we acquire a 3rd round pick in a trade back scenario and draft Marcell Ateman ( he is the big WR with a big catch radius and great hands)

So our WR group

Meredith-White-Lee-Williams-Ateman-Wilson

no true #1 but have a consistent wideouts in Lee and Meredith---Deep threat in Williams- catching machine in Ateman- and slot WR Wilson

It is hard to say what White turns into but if any group of coaches can get something out of them, we have them.

They will make a decision to go back to Wright or bring in Albert Wilson to play the slot, whatever Nagy is most comfortable with.

The three amigos for the WR position are Robinson, Landry and Watkins. I think Watkins and Robinson get tagged so that leaves Landry with a fat contract that will take us out of the running.

Taylor Gabriel

Donte Moncrief

Tyrell Williams

Marquis Lee

Quincy Enunwa

Paul Richardson

My other choice will be my deep threat acquistion (RFA) Tyrell Williams ( Chargers are paying Allen 10 mil, signed Benjamin giving him 7 mil got next year. Drafted M. Williams paying 5 mil. )

I think in the draft we acquire a 3rd round pick in a trade back scenario and draft Marcell Ateman ( he is the big WR with a big catch radius and great hands)

So our WR group

no true #1 but have a consistent wideouts in Lee and Meredith---Deep threat in Williams- catching machine in Ateman- and slot WR Wilson

It is hard to say what White turns into but if any group of coaches can get something out of them, we have them.

Another area, I should probably list here is the TE position since it will become a big part of the passing game.

Shaheen will get the bulk of snaps going forward but with Miller probably done playing football, we should replace his talent with someone other than Dion Sims.

If we cut Sims, were are out 666 thousands, so I think we should get a true X TE that will have more upside.

I think we should got out and get Trey Burton. A better receiving option than Sims will ever be at practically the same money it would cost for Sims.

So Shaheen is here for better or worse and with adding Burton then we either keep BB (already signed for next year) or resign Brown as our third TE option.

Taylor Gabriel

Donte Moncrief

Tyrell Williams

Marquis Lee

Quincy Enunwa

Paul Richardson

So our WR group

No mention of Inman. Where does he figure in? And why would we not be considering Ridley at #8? Given if one of the big targets FAs you mentioned are signed I could potentially see less need to draft an WR at #1 but I’m still curious.

My guess is Nagy will use a variation of WCO (hopefully with some zone style mixed in) which normally calls for smaller framed WRs. But realistically you almost always have to have at least one big body WR in the lineup (see former Bear and SB champ A. Jeffrey). Yes I know White is big but I’m still not convinced he’ll manage to play a full year. Same for Meredith. He’s so far only had one decent year and will trying to come back from a pretty severe injury. Wright has just about as good shot, of not more, than the rest to make it. He proved he was a good add IMHO.

No mention of Inman. Where does he figure in? And why would we not be considering Ridley at #8? Given if one of the big targets FAs you mentioned are signed I could potentially see less need to draft an WR at #1 but I’m still curious.

My guess is Nagy will use a variation of WCO (hopefully with some zone style mixed in) which normally calls for smaller framed WRs. But realistically you almost always have to have at least one big body WR in the lineup (see former Bear and SB champ A. Jeffrey). Yes I know White is big but I’m still not convinced he’ll manage to play a full year. Same for Meredith. He’s so far only had one decent year and will trying to come back from a pretty severe injury. Wright has just about as good shot, of not more, than the rest to make it. He proved he was a good add IMHO.

I think in the Nagy type of offense, see KC and also Eagles, their is only need for 2, type of WRs ,Inman plays. I think Meredith and Lee(in my scenario) fill that role and have more upside than Inman. Also I made the choice of Wilson(Nagy familiar with) and Wright, both play the slot position.

Ridley at 8 would be a reach. I have looked at a ton of mock drafts and ratings of player value pertaining to the draft, and the value of the WRs will be late first round . There is always many good players come out of the draft. If we draft Q. Nelson at 8 and he becomes a 8 year all pro guard, that is considered a better value than drafting Ridley at 8 that will be a NFL starter, but his ceiling may only be a #2. 3 years from now we will have answers to all these questions. With the new coaching staff we just dont know what they value. We need to upgrade the OL and also more so the WR group. Do you start by solidifying the OL first? Protecting MT and making the running game better? Or adding playmakers right away? If you look at history, there is just as many misses as hits in the first round at WR.(Kevin White) So I think we draft later than the first round to fill those positions.

I think in the Nagy type of offense, see KC and also Eagles, their is only need for 2, type of WRs ,Inman plays. I think Meredith and Lee(in my scenario) fill that role and have more upside than Inman. Also I made the choice of Wilson(Nagy familiar with) and Wright, both play the slot position.

Ridley at 8 would be a reach. I have looked at a ton of mock drafts and ratings of player value pertaining to the draft, and the value of the WRs will be late first round . There is always many good players come out of the draft. If we draft Q. Nelson at 8 and he becomes a 8 year all pro guard, that is considered a better value than drafting Ridley at 8 that will be a NFL starter, but his ceiling may only be a #2. 3 years from now we will have answers to all these questions. With the new coaching staff we just dont know what they value. We need to upgrade the OL and also more so the WR group. Do you start by solidifying the OL first? Protecting MT and making the running game better? Or adding playmakers right away? If you look at history, there is just as many misses as hits in the first round at WR.(Kevin White) So I think we draft later than the first round to fill those positions.

Well if you’re familiar with Jason and my discussion on OL, you’ll know I don’t place as high a value on them as he does. I’m more a skill player = higher value guy. Many this year said the Eagles had the best oline in the NFL. Of those that ended the season only one was drafted in the first round; Lane Johnson. The rest are made up of 2nd, 3rd, 6th round draftees and even an UDFA in Jason Peters. Who not only is/was arguably their best Olineman, he started out as a TE in the league. Comparatively the Dallas Cowboys were chock full of first round picks and potential and where are they? Two seasons ago Tony Romo got injured behind that line and this year with Zeke sitting on the sidelines no one else seemed to be able pick up the slack. One would assume if the oline was so good, couldn’t they just as soon have anyone put up yards from the backfield? I dunno myself, I’m just asking.

Looking at our own oline; yes we’ve had a history of issues drafting first round talent (Carimi and Williams) but more recently we’ve seen our current 1st rounder (Long) struggle just to stay on the field as of late. So I guess a case could be made we’ve made a miss at oline just like we did with White.

Continuing the thought of our oline, I think it depends on what style offense does Nagy plan on employing? Will be lean more towards the zone blocking scheme? That makes more sense with the way Howard runs and Trubisky is mobile. If that’s the case then Sitton and Long or even Whitehead may not be the answer. To do zone blocking effectively you need movile interior linemen and I’m not sure all these guys are up to the task. Whitehead maybe but where; Center or guard?

That being said I could see them valuing an olineman in the earlier rounds or just as possible in later rounds. Or maybe in FA? Hell maybe there’s some UDFA TE out there looking for a job as OT.

Well if you’re familiar with Jason and my discussion on OL, you’ll know I don’t place as high a value on them as he does. I’m more a skill player = higher value guy. Many this year said the Eagles had the best oline in the NFL. Of those that ended the season only one was drafted in the first round; Lane Johnson. The rest are made up of 2nd, 3rd, 6th round draftees and even an UDFA in Jason Peters. Who not arguably is/was their best Olineman, he started out as a TE in the league. Comparatively the Dallas Cowboys were chock full of first round picks and potential and where are they? Two seasons ago Tony Romo got injured behind that line and this year with Zeke sitting on the sidelines no one else seemed to be able pick up the slack. One would assume if the oline was so good, couldn’t they just as soon have anyone put up yards from the backfield? I dunno myself, I’m just asking.

Looking at our own oline; yes we’ve had a history of issues drafting first round talent (Carimi and Williams) but more recently we’ve seen our current 1st rounder (Long) struggle just to stay on the field as of late. So I guess a case could be made we’ve made a miss at oline just like we did with White.

Continuing the thought of our oline, I think it depends on what style offense does Nagy plan on employing? Will be lean more towards the zone blocking scheme? That makes more sense with the way Howard runs and Trubisky is mobile. If that’s the case then Sitton and Long or even Whitehead may not be the answer. To do zone blocking effectively you need movile interior linemen and I’m not sure all these guys are up to the task. Whitehead maybe but where; Center or guard?

That being said I could see them valuing an olineman in the earlier rounds or just as possible in later rounds. Or maybe in FA? Hell maybe there’s some UDFA TE out there looking for a job as OT.

A lot of the new offense will be RPOs. In that scheme most runs are in the middle 3 lanes, so securing a solid Oline is imperative. Sitton is on the downside but probably has one good year left in him. Whitehair with better coaching will have more consistent play. It would be hard to say Long would ever be considered a bust. His first two years he went to the pro bowl. His injuries have been in his last 2 years. HH runs a zone blocking scheme that includes R/P options. Exactly what is best for the offense we will be running. Athletic OLs fit well in those schemes. I think we keep Leno with better coaching will maybe fall in the top half of the league for LTs this year. As long as Long gets healhty we have Whitehair and Long as strengths going forward. Massie may be improved under HH but I think they upgrade both LG and RT so we can go forward with a quality line for the next 5 years. There is many examples of how good offensive lines are built. We have Kush and Morgan coming back for depth we did not have last year. Q, Nelson is the best OL in this draft and I believe if he is still there we grab him. and then in the middle rounds, grab a OT that can compete with Massie. We think we now have a QB and two very good RBs . We can add WRs in FA and the draft that will help us get to the next level.

Another option would be grabbing a Zack Fulton that is 26 and can play LG or OC. Then they can decide where Whitehair is best at and have a young group. Then take a OT in one of the first two rounds and secure a solid line.

The OL is important because it affects both the running game and protects our most important player, MT.

The OL is important because it affects both the running game and protects our most important player, MT.

I would agree that the OL is important but probably not as much as dedicating the first round pick for it. But that’s just me.

This thread was focused more on WRs which I hold in higher regard when it comes to draft picks.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/7701...e-agent-tracker

Wide Receivers

Sammy Watkins (24)

Jarvis Landry (25)

Allen Robinson (24)

Marqise Lee (26)

Paul Richardson (25)

Terrelle Pryor (28)

Jordan Matthews (25)

Mike Wallace (31)

John Brown (27)

Kendall Wright (28)

Eric Decker (31)

Donte Moncrief (24)

Bruce Ellington (26)

Brice Butler (28)

Cody Latimer (25)

Taylor Gabriel (27)

Jaron Brown (28)

Michael Floyd (28)

Brian Quick (28)

Tavarres King (27)

Michael Campanaro (27)

Deonte Thompson (29)

Dontrelle Inman (29)

Albert Wilson (25)

Jeff Janis (26)

Danny Amendola (32)

Ryan Grant (27)

Louis Murphy (30)

De’Anthony Thomas (25)

Justin Hunter (26)

Andre Roberts (30)

Kamar Aiken (28)

Brenton Bersin (27)

Brandon Tate (30)

Jeremy Butler (26)

Brittan Golden (29)

Harry Douglas (33)

I would agree that the OL is important but probably not as much as dedicating the first round pick for it. But that’s just me.

This thread was focused more on WRs which I hold in higher regard when it comes to draft picks.

I've always been an OL kind of guy. This year is a little different for me, as I believe RT is the only position that needs an upgrade. Our OL ids gong to greatly benefit from a passing threat. With the addition of a draft pick, a FA and some returning vets we should get some defenders out of the box. (No OL can survive a season of stacked box) Secondly, an improved defense always gives an offense more confidence to open up the playbook. So my request of this draft is one RT, one WR, a pass rusher or two, MLB, and a DB.

Bunch of FA kickers this year.

I've always been an OL kind of guy. This year is a little different for me, as I believe RT is the only position that needs an upgrade. Our OL ids gong to greatly benefit from a passing threat. With the addition of a draft pick, a FA and some returning vets we should get some defenders out of the box. (No OL can survive a season of stacked box) Secondly, an improved defense always gives an offense more confidence to open up the playbook. So my request of this draft is one RT, one WR, a pass rusher or two, MLB, and a DB.

This 100%. The Bears need two WR's that the Defense has to respect. You want to get Howard some breathing room or Cohen out in space you need some WR's.

I agree with the positions of need. I suspect we may draft 2 WRs, its a deep but not outstanding group. still stuck on Q. Nelson if available. transcending player. Most RPOs are the middle running lanes, so having a stud there would be huge.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/7701...e-agent-tracker

Wide Receivers

Sammy Watkins (24)

Jarvis Landry (25)

Allen Robinson (24)

Marqise Lee (26)

Paul Richardson (25)

Terrelle Pryor (28)

Jordan Matthews (25)

Mike Wallace (31)

John Brown (27)

Kendall Wright (28)

Eric Decker (31)

Donte Moncrief (24)

Bruce Ellington (26)

Brice Butler (28)

Cody Latimer (25)

Taylor Gabriel (27)

Jaron Brown (28)

Michael Floyd (28)

Brian Quick (28)

Tavarres King (27)

Michael Campanaro (27)

Deonte Thompson (29)

Dontrelle Inman (29)

Albert Wilson (25)

Jeff Janis (26)

Danny Amendola (32)

Ryan Grant (27)

Louis Murphy (30)

De’Anthony Thomas (25)

Justin Hunter (26)

Andre Roberts (30)

Kamar Aiken (28)

Brenton Bersin (27)

Brandon Tate (30)

Jeremy Butler (26)

Brittan Golden (29)

Harry Douglas (33)

one name missing on this list is Tyrell Williams/ Chargers. He is a RFA but with the money they are paying Allen, Benjamin and last year 1st round WR Williams, no way they offer him any king of money to stay.

6'3" 205 with 4.4 speed. A deep threat with YAC ability.

Here is my take, I would go with Wilson or Wright in the Slot, and would lean towards Wilson with his experience in Nagy's system, and I would have no issues with bringing Wright back for the same job. On the outside, I would target Lee or Grant, and maybe even someone like Decker (for 3rd downs and vet presence). I don't know if we can count on Meredith or White, and it would be a huge risk to pick up someone like Robinson (injury) with those other two on the roster.

Slot Options: (My pick: Wilson, knows Nagy's system, younger than Wright with comparable production)

1. Jarvis Landry (25), 6'0", 205 lbs; 112-987 (70%), 9 TD (on 929 snaps) - all short routes, but can't deny the production

2. Kendall Wright (28), 5'10", 194 lbs; 59-614 (65%), 1 TD (on 581 snaps) - great performance considering Loggains

3. Taylor Gabriel (26), 5'8", 167 lbs; 33-378 (65%), 1 TD (on 541 snaps) - tiny guy, scares me off turf (we have Cohen)

4. Albert Wilson (25), 5'9" 200 lbs; 42-554 (68%), 3 TD (on 538 snaps) - Nagy exp, high catch rate, great production on 500 snaps

------------

Outside Options: (My pick: Lee, it will be interesting to see what he does in another offense w/ real QB or Grant, I don't see very much media coverage on him, but great catch rate when given the chance)

1. Jaron Brown (28), 6'2", 205 lbs; 31-477 (45%), 4 TD (on 819 snaps) - terrible production and catch rate

2. Paul Richardson (25), 6'0", 175 lbs; 44-703 (55%), 6 TD (on 817 snaps) - hard to tell if his numbers are due to RW's magic acts

3. Sammy Watkins (24), 6'1", 211 lbs; 39-593 (56%), 8 TD (on 774 snaps) - only likes TD receptions

4. Marqise Lee (26), 6'0", 192 lbs; 56-702 (58%), 3 TD (on 737 snaps) - Bortles at QB, so numbers should see bump with real QB

5. Donte Moncrief (24), 6'2", 221 lbs; 26-391 (55%), 2 TD (on 614 snaps) - brutal production on 600+ snaps

6. Ryan Grant (27), 6'0", 199 lbs; 45-573 (69%), 4 TD (on 613 snaps) - sleeper pick, solid production

7. Jordan Matthews (25), 6'3", 212 lbs; 25-282 (69%), 1 TD (on 508 snaps) - scary after production and trade from PHI

------------

Other options: (My pick: Decker, if Bears don't go with Wright, it would be nice to have a vet on that side of the ball at one of the skill positions, and Decker is a nice 3rd down target)

1. Eric Decker (30), 6'3", 206 lbs, 54-563 (65%), 1 TD (on 733 snaps) - veteran presence, high catch rate

2. Terrelle Pryor (28), 6'6", 240 lbs; 20-240 (54%), 1 TD (on 378 snaps) - huge WR, potential still there

3. Allen Robinson (24), 6'3", 220 lbs; IR - can he overcome injury?

------------

RFA's

1. Tyrell Williams (25), 6'4", 205 lbs; 43-728 (62%), 4 TD (on 851 snaps)

2. Adam Humphries (25), 61-631, 1 TD (on 681 snaps)

3. Quincy Enunwa (25), 6'2", 225 lbs, IR

*In snaps order

I would be ok with any combination of Wilson or Wright, and Lee or Grant. I would then draft one in the top 3 rounds.

Here is my take, I would go with Wilson or Wright in the Slot, and would lean towards Wilson with his experience in Nagy's system, and I would have no issues with bringing Wright back for the same job. On the outside, I would target Lee or Grant, and maybe even someone like Decker (for 3rd downs and vet presence). I don't know if we can count on Meredith or White, and it would be a huge risk to pick up someone like Robinson (injury) with those other two on the roster.

Slot Options: (My pick: Wilson, knows Nagy's system, younger than Wright with comparable production)

1. Jarvis Landry (25), 6'0", 205 lbs; 112-987 (70%), 9 TD (on 929 snaps) - all short routes, but can't deny the production

2. Kendall Wright (28), 5'10", 194 lbs; 59-614 (65%), 1 TD (on 581 snaps) - great performance considering Loggains

3. Taylor Gabriel (26), 5'8", 167 lbs; 33-378 (65%), 1 TD (on 541 snaps) - tiny guy, scares me off turf (we have Cohen)

4. Albert Wilson (25), 5'9" 200 lbs; 42-554 (68%), 3 TD (on 538 snaps) - Nagy exp, high catch rate, great production on 500 snaps

------------

Outside Options: (My pick: Lee, it will be interesting to see what he does in another offense w/ real QB or Grant, I don't see very much media coverage on him, but great catch rate when given the chance)

1. Jaron Brown (28), 6'2", 205 lbs; 31-477 (45%), 4 TD (on 819 snaps) - terrible production and catch rate

2. Paul Richardson (25), 6'0", 175 lbs; 44-703 (55%), 6 TD (on 817 snaps) - hard to tell if his numbers are due to RW's magic acts

3. Sammy Watkins (24), 6'1", 211 lbs; 39-593 (56%), 8 TD (on 774 snaps) - only likes TD receptions

4. Marqise Lee (26), 6'0", 192 lbs; 56-702 (58%), 3 TD (on 737 snaps) - Bortles at QB, so numbers should see bump with real QB

5. Donte Moncrief (24), 6'2", 221 lbs; 26-391 (55%), 2 TD (on 614 snaps) - brutal production on 600+ snaps

6. Ryan Grant (27), 6'0", 199 lbs; 45-573 (69%), 4 TD (on 613 snaps) - sleeper pick, solid production

7. Jordan Matthews (25), 6'3", 212 lbs; 25-282 (69%), 1 TD (on 508 snaps) - scary after production and trade from PHI

------------

Other options: (My pick: Decker, if Bears don't go with Wright, it would be nice to have a vet on that side of the ball at one of the skill positions, and Decker is a nice 3rd down target)

1. Eric Decker (30), 6'3", 206 lbs, 54-563 (65%), 1 TD (on 733 snaps) - veteran presence, high catch rate

2. Terrelle Pryor (28), 6'6", 240 lbs; 20-240 (54%), 1 TD (on 378 snaps) - huge WR, potential still there

------------

RFA's

*In snaps order

I would be ok with any combination of Wilson or Wright, and Lee or Grant. I would then draft one in the top 3 rounds.

I like Grant. A few months earlier I had Landry and him as the FA acquisitions.

ASHKUM BEAR

Dec 4 2017, 09:00 PM

Post #4

Key back up

Group: Super Fans

Member No.: 2,593

I would love the Buffalo trade. Could get McGlinchey OT, Key OLB, or Ridley WR with those two firsts. Since this is about upgrading the offense, I am taking Ridley WR along with McGlinchey OT. 

Round 2 we can get the OLB (Dorance Armstrong Kan) and another WR (Anthony Miller Memphis)or OT (Braden Smith Auburn). Go oline...

Free agency, I like Jarvis Landry as the go to guy and to be odd, give me Ryan Grant Wash. 

Re-sign Meredith and Inman

2018 roster: Landry, Meredith, Inman, White, Ridley, Grant. Practice squad:Tanner Gentry and Austin Proehl (udfa-UNC

I like Grant. A few months earlier I had Landry and him as the FA acquisitions.

ASHKUM BEAR

Dec 4 2017, 09:00 PM

Post #4

Key back up

Group: Super Fans

Member No.: 2,593

I would love the Buffalo trade. Could get McGlinchey OT, Key OLB, or Ridley WR with those two firsts. Since this is about upgrading the offense, I am taking Ridley WR along with McGlinchey OT. 

Round 2 we can get the OLB (Dorance Armstrong Kan) and another WR (Anthony Miller Memphis)or OT (Braden Smith Auburn). Go oline...

Free agency, I like Jarvis Landry as the go to guy and to be odd, give me Ryan Grant Wash. 

Re-sign Meredith and Inman

2018 roster: Landry, Meredith, Inman, White, Ridley, Grant. Practice squad:Tanner Gentry and Austin Proehl (udfa-UNC

I don't see us paying Landry the money he will command.

He might be the only top WR to hit the market. Otherwise it will be As Adam stated getting Wilson, Lee, Grant.

I agree he will be , but he is not a #1 and will be paid #1 money. I dont see Pace doing that. I see us signing a couple of WRs for the same money we could get him for.

Last year we took chances how non productive WRs but going in we had Meredith and White sitting there before they got hurt. This year we will get a more productive player on the rise ,

and having several weapons will fit the scheme more than one good slot WR.

Those 3 plus one draft pick with bringing back Meredith sounds more realistic to me.

Landry caught 112 passes but for 8.8 yards last year.

Aaron Leming( who I like) put out a probably pay schedule for FA WRs.

I just dont see us paying 14m for a slot WR.

Jarvis Landry (Miami) $14M

Allen Robinson (Jacksonville) *IR* $11M

Sammy Watkins (Buffalo) $10M

Paul Richardson (Seattle) $8M

Marqise Lee (Jacksonville) $9M

Jordan Matthews (Bills) $7M

Terrelle Pryor (Washington) $7M

Albert Wilson (Kansas City) $6M

Jaron Brown (Arizona) $6M

Donte Moncrief (Indianapolis) $5M

John Brown (Arizona) $6M

Taylor Gabriel (Atlanta) $5M

Ryan Grant (Washington) $5M

Kendall Wright (Chicago) $4M

Eric Decker (Tennessee) $4M

------------

------------

------------

RFA's

*In snaps order

I agree they will decide between Wilson or Wright and I also like Lee's upside but not with Grant. I think they need a deep threat and Grant is not that type of WR. I suggested Tyrell Williams a 6'3" wideout with 4.4 speed.

I think if not him at least one speed guy.

John Brown from Ariz

Paul Richardson 4.4 speed but not really that deep threat.

Donte Moncrief has 4.4 speed

Jaron Brown 4.4 speed

Their are only a few deep threats in FA and I think we will bring one in to stretch the field.

I agree they will decide between Wilson or Wright and I also like Lee's upside but not with Grant. I think they need a deep threat and Grant is not that type of WR. I suggested Tyrell Williams a 6'3" wideout with 4.4 speed.

I think if not him at least one speed guy.

John Brown from Ariz

Paul Richardson 4.4 speed but not really that deep threat.

Donte Moncrief has 4.4 speed

Jaron Brown 4.4 speed

Their are only a few deep threats in FA and I think we will bring one in to stretch the field.

What about Amendola? Moncreif is a good one to add as well.

I agree he will be , but he is not a #1 and will be paid #1 money. I dont see Pace doing that. I see us signing a couple of WRs for the same money we could get him for.

Last year we took chances how non productive WRs but going in we had Meredith and White sitting there before they got hurt. This year we will get a more productive player on the rise ,

and having several weapons will fit the scheme more than one good slot WR.

Those 3 plus one draft pick with bringing back Meredith sounds more realistic to me.

Landry caught 112 passes but for 8.8 yards last year.

Aaron Leming( who I like) put out a probably pay schedule for FA WRs.

I just dont see us paying 14m for a slot WR.

Jarvis Landry (Miami) $14M

Allen Robinson (Jacksonville) *IR* $11M

Sammy Watkins (Buffalo) $10M

Paul Richardson (Seattle) $8M

Marqise Lee (Jacksonville) $9M

Jordan Matthews (Bills) $7M

Terrelle Pryor (Washington) $7M

Albert Wilson (Kansas City) $6M

Jaron Brown (Arizona) $6M

Donte Moncrief (Indianapolis) $5M

John Brown (Arizona) $6M

Taylor Gabriel (Atlanta) $5M

Ryan Grant (Washington) $5M

Kendall Wright (Chicago) $4M

Eric Decker (Tennessee) $4M

Look at what Jeffrey got $ wise. He has only 360 rec in 6 years as Landry has 400 in 4 years, injuries on Jeffrey hurt him. That is 3.75 rec per game compared to 6.25. The difference is Jeffrey gets 14.8 yds per catch ave to Landrys 10.1. The Bears need a WR they can count on to be open and catch, keep the chains moving and feed Howard again. Adding a speed outside threat like Richardson or Ty Williams would also help. Draft wise, taking Gallup or Ateman with the 4th would make a nice corp.

Look at what Jeffrey got $ wise. He has only 360 rec in 6 years as Landry has 400 in 4 years, injuries on Jeffrey hurt him. That is 3.75 rec per game compared to 6.25. The difference is Jeffrey gets 14.8 yds per catch ave to Landrys 10.1. The Bears need a WR they can count on to be open and catch, keep the chains moving and feed Howard again. Adding a speed outside threat like Richardson or Ty Williams would also help. Draft wise, taking Gallup or Ateman with the 4th would make a nice corp.

I agree with your opinions except paying 14 mil a year to a slot WR with a 8.8 yard per catch last year. It will not happen here. Now if he signs for much less, then I think they will but not a 12-14 mil a year contract.

I agree with your opinions except paying 14 mil a year to a slot WR with a 8.8 yard per catch last year. It will not happen here. Now if he signs for much less, then I think they will but not a 12-14 mil a year contract.

[/quote

I have been watching a lot of tape on WRs in the coming draft. Out of the top WRs available, I look to quickness and speed as what Nagy will be looking for in the draft.

My list that fits those traits.

Ridley- He has quickness and speed and will be drafted in the middle to late first round. Not available for us.

Kirk- Is the speed playmaker that would flourish in our scheme, he could go late first round or anywhere in the second. a potential Bear pick at that spot.

Washingtion- is another deep threat quick WR that would be a playmaker in our scheme. Probably would have to draft him with our second pick.

in the 3rd to 5th many fit the traits.

D. J Clark

Deon Cain

Deontry Burnett

KeKe Coutee

DaeSean Hamilton

I personally think Kirk is the real deal and would be our best choice if we can get him in the second.

Washington is a close second and would have to draft him in the second.

I also like Deontry Burnett, probably could be had in the 4th.

The other one than interests me is KeKe Coutee, someone we could be had in the 4th.