2018 Compensatory Picks awarded...

ASHKUM BEAR

One of these years the Bears might draft good enough to start earning Compensatory Picks.

2018 Compensatory Picks

3-97 Cardinals

3-98 Texans

3-99 Broncos

3-100 Bengals

4-133 Packers

4-134 Cardinals

4-135 Giants

4-136 Patriots

4-137 Cowboys

5-170 Bengals

5-171 Cowboys

5-172 Packers

5-173 Cowboys

5-174 Packers

6-207 Packers

6-208 Cowboys

6-209 Chiefs

6-210 Raiders

6-211 Texans

6-212 Raiders

6-213 Vikings

6-214 Texans

6-215 Ravens

6-216 Raiders

6-217 Raiders

6-218 Vikings

7-251 Chargers

7-252 Bengals

7-253 Bengals

7-254 Cardinals

7-255 Buccaneers

7-256 Falcons

One of these years the Bears might draft good enough to start earning Compensatory Picks.

2018 Compensatory Picks

3-97 Cardinals

3-98 Texans

3-99 Broncos

3-100 Bengals

4-133 Packers

4-134 Cardinals

4-135 Giants

4-136 Patriots

4-137 Cowboys

5-170 Bengals

5-171 Cowboys

5-172 Packers

5-173 Cowboys

5-174 Packers

6-207 Packers

6-208 Cowboys

6-209 Chiefs

6-210 Raiders

6-211 Texans

6-212 Raiders

6-213 Vikings

6-214 Texans

6-215 Ravens

6-216 Raiders

6-217 Raiders

6-218 Vikings

7-251 Chargers

7-252 Bengals

7-253 Bengals

7-254 Cardinals

7-255 Buccaneers

7-256 Falcons

Hmmm. I did NOT see the two Super Bowl teams on that list. Screw the sup draft. I hope we are good enough to get the players that help without sup needs.

I have never been a fan of this. We lose Alshon, and because we signed Glennon, Wheaton, Cooper, etc, we get no compensation but our team was actually worse without him. They base it on the net difference between salary of FA's gained and lost. So if you sign 5 filler guys at $5 mil each, that is equal to 2x top tier starters at $12.5 each.

To me I would like to see these changes:

1. Teams only get comp picks for players they drafted or acquired as a UDFA

2. Teams should be limited to 3 comp picks (currently 4)

3. Comp rounds should be 4th-7th (not 3rd)

I have never been a fan of this. We lose Alshon, and because we signed Glennon, Wheaton, Cooper, etc, we get no compensation but our team was actually worse without him. They base it on the net difference between salary of FA's gained and lost. So if you sign 5 filler guys at $5 mil each, that is equal to 2x top tier starters at $12.5 each.

I am torn. I like how good stable teams are rewarded, which helps them remain that way too. It also keeps bad teams bad because they cannot catch up without overspending in FA and have a hard time retaining there top players because they want to move to a winning team. If the bad team doesn't make any improvements, then they dump coaches and gms and that could put the team back even further. If we were a good team, we would love seeing that 3rd round award.

One issue with the Bears is they sign decent players and end up cutting them before their contract expires, like Sitton. A good team can now poach him and that signing will not effect their compensatory scale. We feel good because we see more cap space, but then we spend it on more mediocre/good players and lose our compensation gains.

Agree. It's BS.

Legacy BS and they should just get rid of it. All teams in the league have now adapted and it's a free market. If you want the player pay the player. Plus getting rid of all these free picks will make the UDFA market after the draft a little more interesting.

Legacy BS and they should just get rid of it. All teams in the league have now adapted and it's a free market. If you want the player pay the player. Plus getting rid of all these free picks will make the UDFA market after the draft a little more interesting.

Thanks for the insight on that. I was wondering how that process worked.

That being said, if we hadn’t signed Glennon, Wheaton, Cooper . . . We might have gotten an extra pick? Good lord that’s depressing. Granted, we did sign Prince and he worked out, but everyone else . ..