Who do you want post-Combine?

jason

Most years I get to watch the entire combine. Either live or recorded. This year I didn't, so I don't have as good of a handle as normally. So...

Which guys have risen on your personal charts? Mid round guys who might have moved to bottom first. Nobodies who are now mid round guys. And also the late round sleepers.

Who's the guy the Bears should get with a big surprise?

I didn't see the entire combine but have it recorded if I want to come back and see any prospects.

Starting at the top Tremaine Edmunds is my top target at #8. I think he's a good fit at OLB/ILB for us. Even if he ends up full time at ILB he's a Pro Bowl talent. With his long arms I think he'll fit well into a hybrid role playing both positions for us.

Marcus Davenport also was more agile than I expected and he's a realistic target as well. Perhaps if we trade back a couple spots.

Lorenzo Carter ran a crazy 4.5 forty. Two months ago his name was squarely on Day 3 but I think he's definitely going somewhere on Day 2.

I already posted on the WRs but overall I saw quite a bit of good talent for the middle rounds. I really liked Christian Kirk on film and was surprised he only ran around 4.5 forty. He plays faster than that but if that puts him into Rd 2 for us that's ok.

Despite watching a fair amount of the WR drills I never caught DJ Moore who apparently looked pretty good. He definitely was bigger and more explosive than I expected. I still don't see him as a great prospect with a lot of upside but he'll be a consistent chain mover in the NFL. A good 2nd day choice if he's there.

Courtland Sutton's 3-cone time was outstanding erasing my concerns about his ability to separate from NFL DBs. He'll rise in Rd 1 and may even be the first WR taken in the draft ahead of Ridley.

Oline: Kolton Miller really stood out to me athletically. Now the scouts have to go back to the tape to understand his inconsistencies. I think he's realistic option at OT if we trade back to late 1st or possibly with our 2nd Rd pick.

The Center from Iowa looked really good, not that I'm interested in drafting OC early. Will Hernandez looks like he'll be a very good Pro Bowl type guard for a long time.