Evaluating Trubisky

AZ54

Some interesting data regarding our young signal caller.

"Did you know? Mitchell Trubisky threw 39 seam passes in 2017 and was accurate on 28 of them. Only Aaron Rodgers was more accurate on seam throws than he was."

More at the link...

http://presnapreads.com/2018/03/25/quarter...he-2017-season/

Good read, and there is much to like about Trubisky. I feel like he has a lot of the intangibles that are either hard to teach or can't be taught. He's shown great enthusiasm to learn and improve his craft and has the work ethic needed to develop into a franchise QB that has been sorely missing from the Bears. I'm excited to see what this coming season and beyond has in store for him. Getting an offensive minded coach while keeping Fangio on D was a great outcome. We're also surrounding him with weapons, and coaches from various different offensive backgrounds that should create a versatile offense that can be fit to his skills/abilities while minimizing his weaknesses. If this turns out the way we and Pace hope it will last years draft will be looked back on as a turning point.

I'm surprised nobody commented on how low Stafford was rated. Carson Wentz fit in around where I feel he should based on what I've seen in his play. And that fully guaranteed contract for Kirk Cousin's looks like a good deal from a Bears fan's perspective because having all that money tied up means they can't keep the entire defense together.