Are You Ready for Some .... Offense?

AZ54

With the NFL meetings come access to coaches and GMs. Rich Campbell put together some things to know about our new offense.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-spt-bears-matt-nagy-bears-offense-20180327-story.html

Some of the standout items: We'll be running 13 personnel quite often with 3 TEs on the field. This should answer the question as to why we kept Sims. Of course we'd all like to pay him less for what will be a more limited role.

As is typical in KC, we'll be seeing lots of screens.

Cadence... we may fail on offense but it will be done quickly. Some of those plays will be deep and maybe even on 4th down as it appears we'll be going for it more often. It's all very anti-Fox.

Oline need to be athletic and he liked what he saw on film of last year's players. Of course that led to Sitton leaving too. We should probably take Orlando Brown off our draft board.

Wonder is more athletic means Grasu has a shot at C and Whitehair moves to G? If Nelson is available, they might envision him at OT too. Draft weekend will be interesting as usual.

I think we still need an OC who can block somebody. I like James Daniels but Billy Price injured his pectoral muscle at the combine. That will make him drop a bit and be there for our 2nd Rd pick. He'd look good inside with Whitehair and Long.

http://draftbreakdown.com/2017/12/03/billy-price-vs-michigan-2017/

I'm really really excited. That said, I have to remind myself to taper my expectations. Trubisky is still young and very raw and we are installing a brand new offense, etc. I continue to feel very positive about where the organization is headed long-term and I hope they stick with the plan and make strides. Basically I want to remind myself that most teams/QB's don't experience what the Rams / Jared Goff experienced last year.

I think they are willing to roll with Kush as the left guard if they cant draft a Nelson or Hernandez. The one thing we have to keep in mind is we the king of the OL coaches. We dont know what he thinks or how well he improves the players we have. He stated he liked the OTs which may be lip service or he could mean it.

I think they are willing to roll with Kush as the left guard if they cant draft a Nelson or Hernandez. The one thing we have to keep in mind is we the king of the OL coaches. We dont know what he thinks or how well he improves the players we have. He stated he liked the OTs which may be lip service or he could mean it.

I think they will probably pick up 2 OL players in the draft among our first 4 picks.

I wouldn't be shocked to see us go defense in Round 1, OL in round 2, and another OL as one of our 4th round picks.

Given we have Hiestand, we might pick a low pick OL toy for him to coach up too.