Draft

ASHKUM BEAR

1. Tremain Edmunds LB - VT 6'5 250

Edmunds is too versatile to pass.  He can play inside or on the edge. Remember Clay Matthews in his prime moving all along the front and always sacking Cutler.  This is how I envision Fangio using Edmunds. This is a disruptive playmaker the D needs to become top 5.  This is not about adding a great sound ILB which can be had with Smith, but a guy that is a chess piece offenses try to anticipate.

2a.  Sam Hubbard OLB/DE   - Ohio St 6'5 270

Drafttek has the Bears selecting him also, like Edmunds and it makes sense.  Hubbard is not a flashy player but he will do his job 110%.  He is a football player and will probably be a long term solid starter.   My take is he will become the Justin Smith.  Be able to play OLB or DE as the fronts change through a game.  If the Bears go this route, I hope they move down a few slots and gain an extra pick in the draft.

or

2b.  Lorenzo Carter OLB/DE GA 6'5 250

Carter would continue with the speed theme if they decide to go that route.  Similar to Floyd, adding more speed would help disrupt timing in this  passing league.

4.  Brandon Parker OT NCAT 6'8" 305

Parker has LT potential with good footwork and size.  He is a somewhat a work in progress, but might not be a long project.  Parker who knows Cohen from college would adapt well and could push Leno at LT in a year or replace Massie on the right.

4.  Equanimeous St. Brown WR ND  6'5" 204

St. Brown is under valued due to ND's horrendous QB play. He is a polished route runner with size/speed.  He gives the Bears a big outside WR to play opposite of Robinson.

5.  Josh Adams RB ND  6'2 213

Late round prospect that can contribute running or catching.

6.  Brandon Facyson CB VT 6'1 203

Cover corner to develop and depth

7.  Alex Cappa OT Humboldt St  6'6 305

Double dipping of OT's especially ones that are capable to playing LT. I think Cappa would make a decent LG and for a late RD flier, it is worth a shot.

Pace would not have released Sitton (he probably would) without feeling confident in the guys we have, Kush plays C/G and Morgan G. I also have them moving Cappa to LG. I think the whole C/G perceived need is because we didn't see these guys last year, but they are high on these guys developing. If they cannot draft Nelson, they either take Edmunds or try trade down.  OLB is the one major need as they don't have bodies to fill the roster yet. I just have a different vision (today), I could flip it to going offense heavy early as well but this is it.  

1 hour ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Pace would not have released Sitton (he probably would) without feeling confident in the guys we have, Kush plays C/G and Morgan G. I also have them moving Kappa to LG. I think the whole C/G perceived need is because we didn't see these guys last year, but they are high on these guys developing. If they cannot draft Nelson, they either take Edmunds or try trade down.  OLB is the one major need as they don't have bodies to fill the roster yet. I just have a different vision (today), I could flip it to going offense heavy early as well but this is it.  

Who is Kappa?  

Peace

LT prospect from Humboldt St college. Played at the senior bowl and performed exceptional to draw attention as staying at LT and not slide to G. It is doubtful he lasts until the 7th but I made my picks off of draftteks site. He will go between rds 3-5, imo. He is this years Jordan Morgan.  

You mean no way they don't wait as late? I added Cappa in the 7th, who I said would be moved to play LG.  No way he lasts until the 7th, but maybe they can get him with the 5th RD.  With OLB being the teams #1 need and taking Edmunds ILB first, there wasn't much to draft between RDs 4 and 7 for G/C's.

I like all the names you have, I just think they address IOL in the first few picks. I hope either Morgan or Kush turn out to be very good, I just think with the injury history of Long, they add to the mix in the middle, to not have the problem of both OGs injured at the same time and be left with shifting Whitehair again.

I think he may be the best pure pass rusher in this draft. He may be more of a situation pass rusher, but probably would not take at 8. I think Edmunds would play inside and some outside in passing situations but will take a few years to develop. Landry could contribute day one is passing situations.

I have to say, this draft is by far the hardest to figure out. None of us will guess close to the outcome. That is Pace, he keeps his ship tight and it is not fun this year guessing which way they go. I have 3 guys I want at 8, Nelson, Chubb, or Edmund's. Some experts say 8 is too early for Edmund's, but I think he can become a great so I wouldn't be disappointed with him.  Round 2, we better fulfill a major need at OLB or G/C.  Then I see people say they could grab a WR like Sutton, Kirk, or Moore and I can see that. Less than 2 weeks and we will watch it unfold.