Howard happy not to be on block...per pft

madlithuanian

Kind of a fluff piece, but still nice to read...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/17/jordan-howard-comforting-that-bears-said-they-wont-trade-me/

Jordan Howard: “Comforting” that Bears said they won’t trade me

Posted by Josh Alper on April 17, 2018, 2:50 PM EDT
gettyimages-889662864-e1523991037614.jpg
Getty Images

Before wide receiver Jarvis Landry was traded to the Browns this offseason, there were reports that the Dolphins were talking about trading him to the Bears for running back Jordan Howard.

That didn’t happen and it doesn’t appear the Bears are going to look for other trading partners for a deal involving Howard. Howard spoke to the media from the team’s offseason program on Tuesday and said the Bears have told him that they are planning to keep him in Chicago.

“They told my agent they had no plans to trade me or anything like that,” Howard said, via the Chicago Tribune. “So that’s comforting.”

There was some question about how comfortable Howard was earlier this month. Visitors to Howard’s Instagram page in early April found all pictures of him in a Bears uniform had been removed from the page, but they’ve since been restored and Howard claimed ignorance about the changes when asked on Tuesday.

Curious as the case of the vanishing and reappearing photos may be, Howard remains in Chicago and it seems more likely than not that he’ll continue to call the city home for the rest of 2018.

I was glad to hear that.  Howard’s one helluva a running back.  

But don’t forget, last year at this time we were telling Mike Glennon it was his team and even invited him to the draft party.   At the same time, all we heard about was how badly the Bears were trying to trade down.  

I do believe Nagy when he said today Howard’s the featured back.  But you gotta be skeptical of everything this time of year.  

Howard has always responded well to "doubters" and with everyone "doubting" his pass catching ability, I expect to see a more complete Howard next year.  That will be scary for the league. The only thing I could see getting in the way of Howard having a monster season is injuries (always possible in the NFL).  

22 hours ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Howard has always responded well to "doubters" and with everyone "doubting" his pass catching ability, I expect to see a more complete Howard next year.  That will be scary for the league. The only thing I could see getting in the way of Howard having a monster season is injuries (always possible in the NFL).  

And the thing of it is, pass catching abilities or no, Howard is a force to be reckoned with.  Let’s not fool ourselves into thinking no one else has figured out what Howard’s limitations are.  That being said and that being a ‘known’, Howard still manages to get 1,000 yards.  And this was while he played for a relatively one dimensional offense.  Imagine what will happen when the playbook is opened up and Howard has even more lanes to run in.  

Howard has a ton of heart and finishes every run. He's always falling forward. He also have great vision and power. He's the ideal compliment to Cohen.

I think Howard is better than Neil Anderson was.

Wow. I love Howard, I grew up 30 mi from IU. I don't want to see him go. That said, Neal Anderson? WHAT! Still too early BFNYC. If he turns out that way, fantastic, but way too early to even compare him to Neal, IMdO.

Oh for sure, Im not saying he has accomplished everything that Anderson did, obviously NA has more yards. I'm saying that he is a better player in his first 2 seasons than Anderson was, and I think he is a better back.

Whether he will have as long a career, who can say.