Rashaad Coward being moved to OG

Stinger226

I find this interesting. I think they may think they have their starter in Eric Kush and now will have Morgan and Coward as backups. It worked well for for Big Cat Williams in the day.I would say if Nelson doesn't make it to our pick, we will go defense and maybe a OT prospect later in the draft to replace Massie after this year.

4 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I find this interesting. I think they may think they have their starter in Eric Kush and now will have Morgan and Coward as backups. It worked well for for Big Cat Williams in the day.I would say if Nelson doesn't make it to our pick, we will go defense and maybe a OT prospect later in the draft to replace Massie after this year.

I agree 100% that if Nelson doesn’t make it to our pick, we go defense and then maybe an OT prospect later.  But I don’t see Coward having anything to do with that.  He’s still a long shot to make the team.  

20 minutes ago, jason said:

Not a fan at all. Worked for Big Cat, but there were so many other positions changes that didn't work. Too many to even mention, particularly with the OL.

Don't worry.  He was only moved because he wasn't cutting it at D.  They are giving another chance to a talented good guy.  The search is still on.

It doesn't mean they won't draft G/C but I do feel they are comfortable moving forward with Kush while Morgan competes for that spot. It is unlikely Nelson is there, so they could take one Round 2.  The problem I see is OLB won't be taken Round 1 unless they move down, since Chubb is likely top 5.  That leaves a bigger need to find OLB than a G/C Round 2. The scenario that works the best is if Buffalo trades up for 8 and we gain a 3rd.  They could land Davenport/LandryOLB or McGlinchey OT RD1 and then Hernandez/Ragnow G or Carter/Key OLB RD2.  

6 hours ago, jason said:

Not a fan at all. Worked for Big Cat, but there were so many other positions changes that didn't work. Too many to even mention, particularly with the OL.

No need to worry about a practice squad guy who was going nowhere as a DT.   At best he shows some promise at OG and makes the practice squad again.  At worst someone else who is better makes the practice squad at OG. 

It is not a revelation moving Coward, but with Morgan, Kush, Wartford, and Kyle they are adding depth at the position to tell me, they may not draft one  high if Nelson is gone. If they think Kush is a good option, I can see them going defense first round and maybe a RT in the second round to upgrade Massie now. 

23 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

It doesn't mean they won't draft G/C but I do feel they are comfortable moving forward with Kush while Morgan competes for that spot. It is unlikely Nelson is there, so they could take one Round 2.  The problem I see is OLB won't be taken Round 1 unless they move down, since Chubb is likely top 5.  That leaves a bigger need to find OLB than a G/C Round 2. The scenario that works the best is if Buffalo trades up for 8 and we gain a 3rd.  They could land Davenport/LandryOLB or McGlinchey OT RD1 and then Hernandez/Ragnow G or Carter/Key OLB RD2.  

You said OLB on’t be taken Round 1.  You don’t think there’s a chance we take Edmunds at #8?  I feel like the general consensus is most mocks having us taking Nelson or Edmunds.  There’s some variation, but that is by far #1 and #2. 

1 hour ago, bradjock said:

You said OLB on’t be taken Round 1.  You don’t think there’s a chance we take Edmunds at #8?  I feel like the general consensus is most mocks having us taking Nelson or Edmunds.  There’s some variation, but that is by far #1 and #2. 

Edmunds will be ILB