The Athletic 2018 NFL Prospect Big Board

adam

They only have 24 players with a 1st round grade (I thought that was interesting).

Here are their 1st round graded players, I was surprised not to see Vander Esch, Davenport, J Allen, and Sutton listed (all 2nd rounders). It would be nice to get any of Nelson/Fitzpatrick/Smith in the first and then someone like Davenport in the 2nd.

QB
J Rosen
B Mayfield
L Jackson
S Darnold

RB
S Barkley
R Jones
D Guice

WR
C Ridley

OT
McGlinchey
C Williams

OG
Q Nelson
I Wynn

C
J Daniels

Edge
B Chubb
H Landry

DT
V Vea
M Hurst

LB
R Smith
Tr Edmunds

CB
D Ward
M Fitzpatrick
J Alexander
J Jackson

S
D James

https://theathletic.com/266768/2018/04/25/the-athletics-2018-nfl-draft-board/

Thanks for sharing that.  I always the Athletic has a lot of good stuff happening.  But thee’s so much free stuff out there I can’t quite commit to an extra dollar a month or whatever it is.  

Several things jumped out at me but the glaring one is no Josh Allen.  How did Jackson make it but not Allen? 

Most of what I've heard is that there are about 25 first round grades on players in this draft.  That seems to be the case most years.  IMO I'd probably replace Ronald Jones with Josh Allen, his physical talent is elite even if the game tape isn't there.   At a position of extreme value that figures into it.  

I've also heard quite a few reports of Sutton having a 2nd Rd grade, supposedly even the Cowboys have him ranked there.  Athlete, yes, route runner not yet.  

What Stinger said about all the different opinions, in this draft the top-50 players on boards seem to vary a lot.