Remaking the offense

Stinger226

This all starts with our new coaching staff. They all look like studs and we will have to see how that translates to the football field but the arrow is pointing up.

Everything we did is contingent on Trubisky being good, the signs say he could be real good. At least we upgraded the talent around him.

QB-we appear to have more competent backups this year with Daniels and Bray ( we will find out if MT goes down)

RB-Howard , Cohen, Cunningham, Mizzell, Nall

Howard will excel in this offense and Cohen will be a star because Nagy will use him properly. Cunningham is a good backup that could carry part of the load if Howard would go down.

Mizzell is an interesting player that they could stash on PS, Nall has yet to show anything but is at least big enough to carry a load if Howard goes down. Probably a PS guy also.

WR- Robinson,Gabriel, Miller, White, Bellamy,Gentry, Fowler, Brown,Ayers, Wims

Robinson, Gabriel, Miller, Fowler I think are no brainers, I think White sticks and Bellamy-Gentry-Brown-Ayers all go away. Wims get stashed on the PS.

Total upgrade at the position  with high expectations. Fowler is a good ST guy so I think he pushes Bellamy off the roster. The wildcard here is White, everybody is writing him off but I think Nagy puts him in the position to contribute this year. I think Miller turns into a stud in the slot position.

TE- Shaheen,Burton, Sims, Brown, Braunecker, Thompson

This is going to be a huge part of the passing game. Burton will shine, Shaheen will take a step forward. I even think Sims gets put in a better position to succeed . Brown even may have room to 

stick if they only keep 5 WRs. Braunecker and Thompson look like done.

OL- Leno, Massie, Sowell,Long, Kush, Morgan, Whitehair, Lee, Grasu, Daniels, Watford, Greene. 

We all complain about our OTs but they actually played better than we first think. Sowell is the only backup OT that probably sticks.

With Whitehair, Long, Daniels we should have a stable situation this year. Longs health is a concern, but this year Morgan and Kush at least give up competent backups.

Finally they can get rid of Grasu that just sucks, Watford may stick, It seems like another backup OT is needed that may keep C. Lee around a while.

This offense is going to be fun to watch once it gets off and running. MT is the key but the running game will give great support to put MT in a better position to succeed .

Cohen is going to be stud in this offense, and Burton will star. This offense could be top 10 if everything goes right.

Not sure I'd go top 10.  There are a ton of new pieces learning a new scheme (except for Burton) with a 2nd year QB.  Let's give them some time to settle into the new offense but I think we will see some games with more offense than we've seen in years.  Big plays will show up early and often.  

I still worry about the oline. That's my one big concern because the tackles at best are average and we just don't know what to expect from long. Because he struggles to stay on the field. But the signs are definitely pointing way up and love the skill positions.  But with white we can't say that this coaching staff will put him in a position to succeed because to me that implies that fox and company are to blame when that's completely false. With white it all starts and ends with his health. He's barely even been on the field for someone to even put him in the wrong position lol

5 hours ago, bowlingtwig said:

But with white we can't say that this coaching staff will put him in a position to succeed because to me that implies that fox and company are to blame when that's completely false. With white it all starts and ends with his health. He's barely even been on the field for someone to even put him in the wrong position lol

Yeah if Whites injuries were repeated that would be one thing.  But he’s gone from shins to ankle/fibula to shoulder injuries.  The kid is just having bad luck. I hope he makes it the whole year this year.  

On 4/29/2018 at 10:15 AM, bowlingtwig said:

I still worry about the oline. That's my one big concern because the tackles at best are average and we just don't know what to expect from long. Because he struggles to stay on the field. But the signs are definitely pointing way up and love the skill positions.  But with white we can't say that this coaching staff will put him in a position to succeed because to me that implies that fox and company are to blame when that's completely false. With white it all starts and ends with his health. He's barely even been on the field for someone to even put him in the wrong position lol

Ditto. The interior looks strong, but the OTs are not. There's also the flip-flop of a natural OG playing C (Whitehair), and a natural C playing OG (rookie). That hasn't traditionally worked in the past. Throw in Kyle Long's injury history, and the OL could derail any of the skill position players picked up...just like it has over and over for the past 20 years or so.