Your favorite pick of the draft?

adam

Your favorite Bears pick of the draft  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your favorite Bears draft pick?

• #8 Roquan Smith, OLB, Georgia
    • #39 James Daniels, C, Iowa
    • #51 Anthony Miller, WR, Memphis
    • #115 Joel Iyiegbuniwe, LB, Western Kentucky
    • #145 Bilal Nichols, DT, Delaware
    • #181 Kylie Fitts, DE, Utah
    • #224 Javon Wims, WR, Georgia

16 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

The problem is to have draft value, it depends on where you draft him. MIke McG in the second , you would be considered very smart. I hope he does well, but I think this will be the last time we pick that low for quite awhile and they wanted a blue chip playmaker. Mike McG would have started this year as an upgrade over Massie, but he will take a few years to get stronger and learn the NFL. I think they took a play maker in Smith that will be the leader of our D for years to come will have many pro bowls and will make everyone around him better. We have two ILB starters that neither one played a full year. Trevathan has missed 11 games in two years, so I think it was definitely a need position after pass rush and OL. I think it was about having an impact if the first few years, and Mike McG will be a starter for a long time, but will never impact the OL like a Nelson would have. They made the best choice to make the team better.

you're totally right it's a multidimensional problem. And that's what Jason is saying too in his hedges. And that's all correct!

The problem is Jason thinking we are smarter than the GMs, and informed enough to even place these bets on the same level. It's easy to point at things that don't work out, but champion poker players don't always get cards either. They can't win a given hand by force of will. But over time, making enough bets, their skill will show over other players.

So let's not be pulling apart every move Pace makes as a giant mistake, and look at his overall body of work. I mean, to go from where we were to this level of talent and coaching staff, and to only be able to moan about Hroniss Grasu and some lost picks in a trade that got a potential franchise QB? That's crazy. Or meatheaded I guess is the better term :)

I am a Pace supporter but he has made mistakes along the way. i think he is learning on the run. The first year he did not have his people in place in time to draft, since then he is getting better every year. He has hit a few and screwed the pouch on many but he signs them to short term deals that he can get out of the next year if he doesnt work out. Also the last two years , we have led the league in players going on IR. I cant really blame him for the lack of talent on the field because their in the whirlpool tank. It is always easy to judge a draft after it has failed, but picking the hits and misses before tells the true story of how smart you may be at player evaluation. If he doesnt have a history of injuries in college, becoming injured in the pros, is not really on the GM. He finally got his coach brought in a ton of good coaches. He is building the type of personal department that lasts for a decade with teams. This is the year it starts to show. Also the team was in terrible condition when he took over as far as personal. Also Fox threw his two cents in all the time that affected his job. 

On 4/29/2018 at 12:54 PM, Stinger226 said:

I was pushing for R. Smith the whole time, so obviously I think that is a great pick, but I have to say, the more I see and read about Anthony Miller, the more I think he will be special in this offense.

I will admit you did push for him about a week or two before the draft but can't recall much more before that. I remember an early mock I did and suggested ILB and I was told it wasn't even a need. 

3 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I am a Pace supporter but he has made mistakes along the way. i think he is learning on the run. The first year he did not have his people in place in time to draft, since then he is getting better every year. He has hit a few and screwed the pouch on many but he signs them to short term deals that he can get out of the next year if he doesnt work out. Also the last two years , we have led the league in players going on IR. I cant really blame him for the lack of talent on the field because their in the whirlpool tank. It is always easy to judge a draft after it has failed, but picking the hits and misses before tells the true story of how smart you may be at player evaluation. If he doesnt have a history of injuries in college, becoming injured in the pros, is not really on the GM. He finally got his coach brought in a ton of good coaches. He is building the type of personal department that lasts for a decade with teams. This is the year it starts to show. Also the team was in terrible condition when he took over as far as personal. Also Fox threw his two cents in all the time that affected his job. 

agree with all of this.

1 hour ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

I will admit you did push for him about a week or two before the draft but can't recall much more before that. I remember an early mock I did and suggested ILB and I was told it wasn't even a need. 

LOL, I was early on the ILB train!