Roquan Hamstring

AZ54

Nothing unusual here.  Extended contract holdout and soft tissue injury.  It's not serious but it seriously complicates his chances of being a starter in week 1 and I doubt he'll play this weekend.  I think we'll see Kwiatkoski as the starter against GB, perhaps with Roquan subbed in for 3rd and long situations.  

https://www.chicagobears.com/news/smith-exits-practice-for-precautionary-reasons

1 hour ago, AZ54 said:

Nothing unusual here.  Extended contract holdout and soft tissue injury.  It's not serious but it seriously complicates his chances of being a starter in week 1 and I doubt he'll play this weekend.  I think we'll see Kwiatkoski as the starter against GB, perhaps with Roquan subbed in for 3rd and long situations.  

https://www.chicagobears.com/news/smith-exits-practice-for-precautionary-reasons

That's sound about right.  It's unfortunate but it's our reality. 

6 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

It happens.  At least it was just tightness.  Lovie would have had him play through it till out popped.

...and Trestman would have given him a month off.  Nagy finds a middle ground and says he's "hour to hour". 

That was always the number one concern. Just like Bosa last year. You can't get into football shape in a week when everyone else has been gradually getting into shape over the last month. Pretty disappointing considering Floyd's and Hicks' injuries.