Nagy sitting starters today

Chitownhustla

I can see arguments for either decision. I think it's hard to judge from the cheap seats here, we havent seen practice, and dont know the motivations.

It is a pretty rare move, but Im sure they have a reason, and in the scheme of things, it probably doesnt matter much either way.,

I can understand why we are disappointed tho.

15 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Our backups taking it to KCs starters, things looking good. I keep seeing Irving all over the place, may have found our other OLB.

yup, he had a good game, and Fitts is looking pretty good too. Plus we haven't even seen Lynch yet.

Wims made a case for himself today too.

It's good for the team to get a good look at depth against starters before the cuts.

I would have rather  seen the starters, but if our backups look good, I say that is a good sign. Game scheming seems to be getting people open no matter who they are. Our 2nd stringers seem to be much better than the 3's. Success breeds success.  Wims lets me forget about Meredith and reminds me of Jeffery, am i drinking to much cool aid.

I think all of our running backs seem to be looking for a roster spot.

Who makes it:  Howard

Cohen

Cunningham

Mizzel

Nall

Davis

I might have to say, Davis makes the cut being Nagy brought him here, Howard, Cohen and Cunningham. Nall to practice squad.

Damn, Javon Wims was tearing it up. If he is our WR5, and White ends up being half of what we expect, is there a deeper WR Corps than: (Robinson, Gabriel, Miller, White, Wims)? We might not have the top notch elite guy (unless Robinson or Miller becomes one), but if Wims is our #5, that is pretty impressive.

Same could be said for TE. Is there another team deeper at TE than us with Burton, Shaheen, Sims, Brown/Braunecker?

Nagy has a good feel for his players. He may have lost 2 starters last week so I am good with him sitting them in this. We got a good look at players who will not see the field much and they played pretty good.  I like Wims, Nall, Irving, and Fitts and they all faired well. Let's hope they all make the 53.

Said it once, I’ll say it again; love me some Wims!!!  I dare say he so far has looked better than Miller.

Of course our “#2 QB” was the one throwing some nice drops to him. Which makes me want to bring up a bigger concern.  Why hasn’t Trubisky played more snaps?  He hasn’t proven at all that he’s ready for the regular season.  The one game he played into had him with one TD and one turnover where Daniel turned in a 2 TD effort. I dare also say we may be looking at a QB controversy early into this season?  I was hard on Daniel early on but so far he’s looks better at running the offense in game time situations.  

1 hour ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Said it once, I’ll say it again; love me some Wims!!!  I dare say he so far has looked better than Miller.

Of course our “#2 QB” was the one throwing some nice drops to him. Which makes me want to bring up a bigger concern.  Why hasn’t Trubisky played more snaps?  He hasn’t proven at all that he’s ready for the regular season.  The one game he played into had him with one TD and one turnover where Daniel turned in a 2 TD effort. I dare also say we may be looking at a QB controversy early into this season?  I was hard on Daniel early on but so far he’s looks better at running the offense in game time situations.  

Both Wims and Miller have looked great. I still think that White is gone after this year unless he signs a sweetheart deal, and if Allen Robinson is the receiver we think he can be, White will be no big loss, as long as Wims makes the roster. Wims reminds me a lot of Alshon Jeffery, when Alshon is on the field. 

1 hour ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Let's hope Nagy sees and knows Trubisky is better before we start the controversy. Daniel's sure looked good and at least we know we have a good backup. 

Personally I"m disappointed I didn't get to see our first team offense play today but I'm glad the Packers didn't get to see them either.  I see zero QB controversy here.  Trubisky can throw the ball better than Daniels, he also makes more difficult throws while on the run.  Having Daniels as our backup QB looks pretty good right now.  The biggest difference from last year is that our scheme seems to give the QB options no matter who was on the field.  

Wims showed good speed and quickness today, more than I thought he had.  We all knew he had the hands but he was reported to be struggling to learn the offense.  If you didn't see someone say it outright, it was obvious in the last few weeks because Marlon Brown has been ahead of him until now. 

When we start putting down the last few roster spots we haven't really had difficult decisions for a long time.  I think we have to find a way to keep both Coward and Wims around.  Against KCs 1st string defense Coward was mostly invisible, in a positive way, until he gave up that sack to Kpassa.   Considering his limited experience at OT his future looks bright.  I can't see any way some other team wouldn't take him off waivers or our practice squad if he made it that far.   

8 hours ago, Connorbear said:

One of the reasons Nagy got this job was because of Trubisky.  There is no QB controversy. 

Peace

What have you seen that convinces you that Trubisky has the job locked down?  

Considering the situation our team is in; first year coach with a new system and all it makes more sense than not to see our starters get more ‘game time’ experience or at least as much as experience as possible as we fast approach the new season. It’s not just this game that Trubisky didn’t play in but most of the others this preseason too.  And of those times he played, he looked just ok.  Yes he started last year but that was a completely different system with a completely different coaching group.  I think it was Colin Cowherd that said he can’t put a grade on Trubisky because he “doesn’t trust him”.   I’d say that’s a fair assumption based on his limited college experience, his mediocre performance last year and his next to nothing play so far in this preseason. 

Nagy is an understudy of Reid’s who is known to deploy unorthadox moves in the pre and post seasons.  So maybe that’s all this is.  And I like Nagy a lot. It’s just that once the season starts and if the team (Trubisky) struggles out of the gate, fans are going to start questioning both Trubisky and Nagy after what we’ve seen so far with this new team.

There is no QB controversy, it is absurd to think that. What I do like is to see if MT misses some time, Daniel can handle the position. MT is the starter for many reasons. If their was a controversy , we would have seen MT for Nagy to figure it out. He already knows who is the best QB. If you want to figure it out, look at Chases history in the NFL and it will tell you a story.