Best Defense in the NFL?

AZ54

I read this article and then looked at some stats to see where we fall.  It's the end of the first quarter of the season so at this point things are leveling off and we can draw some conclusions from the numbers.  

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/bears-prove-they-have-nfls-best-defense-win-over-tampa-bay

Bears defensive rankings (others are from highest to lowest i.e. #1, #2):

yards/gm   4th behind Jax, Baltimore, Washington

pts/gm       4th behind Jax, Washington, Baltimore

INTs             2nd with 8 behind Miami with 9.   Jax has 1, Bal 4, Wash 3

FF                1st with 8.         Jax has 2,  Wash 1, Bal  2

Sacks          1st with 18        Jax and Bal are tied 12th with 10, Wash is 27th with 7 

I think there's a good argument to make that we have the best D in the league right now.  We've done that with Floyd playing with a cast, Hicks ejected, Amukamara injured, and Roquan not really playing in week one.  

I dont think the yards matter that much, points should drop going forward with our schedule. I think the key is TOs and sacks, if we lead the league in those stats, we will be atop the heap. We still have room to grow, with Floyd, Mack and Smith. Also, Nichols looks like he could be a very good player. RHH is coming along to starter status.