Young QB Comparison

adam

Stats thru Week 4:

1. Mahomes 90-138, 65.2%, 1200 yds, 8.7 Y/A, 14-0 TD-INT, 126.5 Rating, 18-53, 1 TD (College Stats: 63.5%, 8.3 Y/A, 4:1 TD/INT)
2. Trubisky 91-130, 70%, 945 yds, 7.3 Y/A, 8-3 TD-INT, 101.6 Rating, 17-117, 1 TD (College Stats: 67.5%, 8.3 Y/A, 4:1 TD/INT)
3. Watson 92-148, 62.2%, 1246 yds, 8.4 Y/A, 7-4 TD-INT, 93.5 Rating, 24-161, 1 TD (College Stats: 67.4%, 8.4 Y/A, 3:1 TD/INT)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4. Mayfield 38-64, 59.4%, 496 yds, 7.8 Y/A, 2-2 TD-INT, 81.3 Rating, 6-8, 0 TD (College Stats: 68.5%, 9.8 Y/A, 4:1 TD/INT)
5. Darnold 73-127, 57.5%, 868 yds, 6.8 Y/A, 4-5 TD-INT, 72.6 Rating, 10-8, 0 TD (College Stats: 64.9%, 8.5 Y/A, 2:1 TD/INT)
6. Allen 55-103, 53.4%, 666 yds, 6.5 Y/A, 2-4 TD-INT, 63.8 Rating, 27-116, 2 TD (College Stats: 56.2%, 7.8 Y/A, 2:1 TD/INT)

When looking at their college stats, it is hard to see what Buffalo was thinking. Allen had an extremely low completion percentage, and it seems like there is some correlation for that to the NFL. Darnold seems extremely overrated, and Mayfield is underperforming overall.

For the sophomores, who knew that Mahomes would've be this good? I still think the law of averages catches up to him at some point. What I find funny is that Trubisky has started more games (16 v 5) and obviously has more attempts, completions, TDs, etc, yet Mahomes is already considered a Franchise QB but the jury is still out on Trubisky? Did anyone see the offense Trubisky played in last year? Mahomes came into the perfect situation with elite skill position players (Hill, Kelce, Hunt, Watkins), and is in his second year in the offense. At this point, it should not even be a comparison between the two. Watson got a year in the same offense, but also played a bunch before injury, so Watson and Mahomes would be the best two to compare. I think we can't compare Trubisky to anyone this year. Either way, Trubisky's numbers are solid. If he can maintain a 100+ QB Rating, we will be in good shape. That is Franchise QB level. A sneaky stat is Trubisky's legs, he has the best yards per carry of any QB right now.

With 4 starts in the new offense, Trubisky is projected to have the following stats for a full season: 364-520, 3780 yards, 32 TD, 12 INT. That would be within 32 yards of Cutler's best season with the Bears (58 yards from franchise best) and the 32 TDs would be 4 more than Cutler's 28 (and 3 more than Kramer's 29). 

So there will probably be a few more up and down moments for Mitch, but I think we will see those trending upwards from here on out, meaning his bad games won't be as bad as before and he will have the potential for games like the TB game more often.

19 minutes ago, killakrzydav said:

That six td game really propped up his stats. I surely hope he can finish in that range of numbers.

I agree, but no one is saying the same things about Mahomes' 6 TD game. If you discount one, you have to discount them all. So you might as well take them all into account. 

I just find it interesting that Mahomes' throws 6 TDs in a game, and it is all skill and he is anointed as a Franchise QB, and then when Trubisky does it, every discounts it and says it was a fluke, TB's defense is bad, etc. 

Both players can become franchise QB's, but it just seems that Mahomes is getting credit for throwing to Hill, Kelce, Hunt, and Watkins in the 2nd year in the same offense while Trubisky is questioned when he does the same with the Bears. 

2 hours ago, adam said:

I agree, but no one is saying the same things about Mahomes' 6 TD game. If you discount one, you have to discount them all. So you might as well take them all into account. 

I just find it interesting that Mahomes' throws 6 TDs in a game, and it is all skill and he is anointed as a Franchise QB, and then when Trubisky does it, every discounts it and says it was a fluke, TB's defense is bad, etc. 

Both players can become franchise QB's, but it just seems that Mahomes is getting credit for throwing to Hill, Kelce, Hunt, and Watkins in the 2nd year in the same offense while Trubisky is questioned when he does the same with the Bears. 

I may be the only one who felt Mahomes was exposed against Denver because that was the first game where he was the "player" I saw in college.  I realize he's great on the adhoc plays but I also saw a QB who got very uncomfortable in the pocket after 2-3 sec.   Denver, surprisingly kept rushing up around the top of the pocket, leaving him easy escape paths.  I expected them to realize he wasn't so good  correct it in the 2nd half but they never did.  That 62% completion rate was, IIRC, at 53% until the 4th quarter.  There were a few WTF passes in there too.  

When I watched the Steelers game it was obvious their defense played very poorly.  Now I can say it was similar to the Buccaneers D against us.  People don't want to say it but the Steelers pass defense is pretty bad and was in that game with multiple blown coverages.  FWIW they are ranked 29th in the league, with TB now at 32nd.  Mahomes ate 'em up just like Trubisky did to the Bucs.   So the 6 TD games count for both.  

Mahomes has better talent at his disposal than Trubisky does and, more importantly, an entire offense that is ahead of him in learning it.  In KC most of his offensive players are in year 2 or beyond in the scheme.  Everyone on the Bears is on game 4.   IMO Mahomes is far from the sole reason they have one of the league's best offenses.   That's a statement in relevance to how I believe QBs like Brees, Rodgers, and Brady simply make the talent around them better. 

I think other teams will catch onto what happened in Denver and work to keep Mahomes from extending plays outside the pocket.   I may be wrong but I'll wait for the multiple INT games in his future where all that effort trying to save the play just doesn't work out.   I saw it many times in college.  To be fair, in between those bad moments he'd have the 500yd 4 TD game.  

For now Trubisky has taken the longer road to building success.  There are lessons beyond the playing field that come with that.  When it all comes so easy out of the gate I'm not sure Mahomes, who has a propensity for taking risks, has learned those same lessons.  If they lose a couple players on offense how will he adjust?  Watkins went out of the game against Denver and it was like someone turned off a light switch.  Andy Reid is a smart coach and I"m quite sure he knows all this and is prepared for it. 

None of this means I think I know which of the 2017 top QBs will be the best.  I'm not that arrogant and I simply don't know.  I'm just saying wait until teams see what he's doing and can start to scheme against it.  That part of the season begins now.   

In the meantime, enjoy the ride.  Mahomes can be a lot of fun to watch. 

AZ, well put. I am not trying to put down Mahomes, he has been electric and very fun to watch. I just find it interesting how the narratives between the two can be so vastly different when Mahomes is the one that should be having to prove that these first few games are not a fluke.

Everyone is high on Watson, and I will again say I wanted him at #3, but do people realize he has thrown a pick in all but two of his games? 11 games, 9 games with picks.  

For me Mahomes is fun to watch but I’m glad he’s on someone else’s team.  I’ve heard too many comparisons to Favre and Cutler due to his gunslinger mentality and style of play.  I think we’re better off without someone like that for the time being.  So far he’s lucked out and as someone else pointed out, it’s only a matter of time where he starts to get desperate.  

I’ve always been a fan of Watson’s.  Had it not been the knee injury from last year there’s no telling where he would’ve ended up.  My appreciation for him comes more from his leadership ability, especially on the big stage and his raw experience in the  D1 level.  

Trubisky still has a ways to go before I personally ‘buy in’ but I do see flashes of potential.  Until the game against TB he looked to me more like a younger Alex Smith but with happy feet, which is fine.  But last week he made me think more of Rodgers with not only his mobility but showed me that he can throw to his left and deep downfield.  Keep doing what you’re doing Mitchell or Mitch.  

This is the media bias I am talking about, "best player in the NFL"?:

I don't disagree that Mahomes has been lighting it up, but most of his receivers have been wide open. Also, he is 12th in Passing Yards and 20th in Comp%. The only thing saving him is the ridiculous TD-INT ratio which will eventually trend back to averages. 

Khalil Mack is easily the best player in the NFL right now, and it is not even close.

3 minutes ago, adam said:

This is the media bias I am talking about, "best player in the NFL"?:

I don't disagree that Mahomes has been lighting it up, but most of his receivers have been wide open. Also, he is 12th in Passing Yards and 20th in Comp%. The only thing saving him is the ridiculous TD-INT ratio which will eventually trend back to averages. 

Khalil Mack is easily the best player in the NFL right now, and it is not even close.

Idiots like Field Yates have no clue what they are watching.  Last year it was JimmyG then after receiving $74mil in guaranteed money he completed a mere 59% of his passes this season before having the injury.  Wentz last year completed just 60% of his passes but had a ridiculous TD:INT ratio of 33 to 7.  Sometimes it happens where everything clicks for an offense.  Heck even Mark Trestman had a few good games with his offense and Jay Cutler.   

FWIW I think Mahomes is better than Prescott and that will prove out over their careers.  I think Garropolo will be a good starter too for years to come but he has some limitations in the deep passing game.  This "best player" in the NFL is just BS this early in his career when he has such good talent all around him on offense.  Last year early in the season Alex Smith was in the MVP discussion running the same offense.   I don't really like QBR but through the first 7 games Smith had a QB rating of 120.   Right now Mahomes is on track for 126.   It's easy to go fast when you are driving a Ferrari.  That doesn't mean you are the best driver.     

Early games:

Darnold: 10/22, 45.5%, 198 yards. 3 TD, 1 INT, 98.1 QB Rating (Win)

Mayfield: 25/43, 57.1%, 342 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 81.7 QB Rating (Win) 

Mahomes: 22/38, 57.9%, 313 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT, 62.7 QB Rating (Win)

Allen: 10/19, 52.6%, 82 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT, 42.0 QB Rating (Win)

8 hours ago, adam said:

Early games:

Darnold: 10/22, 45.5%, 198 yards. 3 TD, 1 INT, 98.1 QB Rating (Win)

Mayfield: 25/43, 57.1%, 342 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 81.7 QB Rating (Win) 

Mahomes: 22/38, 57.9%, 313 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT, 62.7 QB Rating (Win)

Allen: 10/19, 52.6%, 82 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT, 42.0 QB Rating (Win)

Not a good day overall for the young QBs.  

I only watched some of the 3rd and all of the 4th quarter.  Watson finished with what looks good on paper  33/44 for 375yds but watching the easy throws he missed at times was frustrating.  They need to stop having him run the ball because they're going to end his second season early.  He was tough as nails coming back out to finish the game in overtime when it was obvious he was struggling physically.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/07/sunday-night-wrap-up-deshaun-watson-survives-to-beat-cowboys/

"Everything seems designed to put Watson in space and let him create, but that also tends to put him in harm’s way. There might be short-term benefits, but the Texans don’t appear to be a contender now, and more care with Watson’s future is probably in order."

On 10/4/2018 at 6:50 PM, adam said:

Stats thru Week 4:

1. Mahomes 90-138, 65.2%, 1200 yds, 8.7 Y/A, 14-0 TD-INT, 126.5 Rating, 18-53, 1 TD (College Stats: 63.5%, 8.3 Y/A, 4:1 TD/INT)
2. Trubisky 91-130, 70%, 945 yds, 7.3 Y/A, 8-3 TD-INT, 101.6 Rating, 17-117, 1 TD (College Stats: 67.5%, 8.3 Y/A, 4:1 TD/INT)
3. Watson 92-148, 62.2%, 1246 yds, 8.4 Y/A, 7-4 TD-INT, 93.5 Rating, 24-161, 1 TD (College Stats: 67.4%, 8.4 Y/A, 3:1 TD/INT)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4. Mayfield 38-64, 59.4%, 496 yds, 7.8 Y/A, 2-2 TD-INT, 81.3 Rating, 6-8, 0 TD (College Stats: 68.5%, 9.8 Y/A, 4:1 TD/INT)
5. Darnold 73-127, 57.5%, 868 yds, 6.8 Y/A, 4-5 TD-INT, 72.6 Rating, 10-8, 0 TD (College Stats: 64.9%, 8.5 Y/A, 2:1 TD/INT)
6. Allen 55-103, 53.4%, 666 yds, 6.5 Y/A, 2-4 TD-INT, 63.8 Rating, 27-116, 2 TD (College Stats: 56.2%, 7.8 Y/A, 2:1 TD/INT)

When looking at their college stats, it is hard to see what Buffalo was thinking. Allen had an extremely low completion percentage, and it seems like there is some correlation for that to the NFL. Darnold seems extremely overrated, and Mayfield is underperforming overall.

For the sophomores, who knew that Mahomes would've be this good? I still think the law of averages catches up to him at some point. What I find funny is that Trubisky has started more games (16 v 5) and obviously has more attempts, completions, TDs, etc, yet Mahomes is already considered a Franchise QB but the jury is still out on Trubisky? Did anyone see the offense Trubisky played in last year? Mahomes came into the perfect situation with elite skill position players (Hill, Kelce, Hunt, Watkins), and is in his second year in the offense. At this point, it should not even be a comparison between the two. Watson got a year in the same offense, but also played a bunch before injury, so Watson and Mahomes would be the best two to compare. I think we can't compare Trubisky to anyone this year. Either way, Trubisky's numbers are solid. If he can maintain a 100+ QB Rating, we will be in good shape. That is Franchise QB level. A sneaky stat is Trubisky's legs, he has the best yards per carry of any QB right now.

With 4 starts in the new offense, Trubisky is projected to have the following stats for a full season: 364-520, 3780 yards, 32 TD, 12 INT. That would be within 32 yards of Cutler's best season with the Bears (58 yards from franchise best) and the 32 TDs would be 4 more than Cutler's 28 (and 3 more than Kramer's 29). 

So there will probably be a few more up and down moments for Mitch, but I think we will see those trending upwards from here on out, meaning his bad games won't be as bad as before and he will have the potential for games like the TB game more often.

I'll be honest...if you asked me right now, who I'd take between the top 3 QB's on your list (Mahomes / Biscuit / Watson), I would put Mahomes well above Trubisky / Watson. I could debate Trubisky / Watson for a while...I think Watson has a pretty high floor though while Trubisky I just don't know yet.  I say that about Watson because while he isn't overly accurate (at times), he seems to do well against pressure, moving his feet, etc.  

I take Biscuit over Darnold and Allen though and most likely Mayfield. I think last years class is better than this years class with one notable exception...Rosen.  I will also say that every QB has a lot of time to still develop and prove that wrong (on the good or bad side).  

On 10/5/2018 at 8:18 AM, AZ54 said:

I may be the only one who felt Mahomes was exposed against Denver because that was the first game where he was the "player" I saw in college.  I realize he's great on the adhoc plays but I also saw a QB who got very uncomfortable in the pocket after 2-3 sec.   Denver, surprisingly kept rushing up around the top of the pocket, leaving him easy escape paths.  I expected them to realize he wasn't so good  correct it in the 2nd half but they never did.  That 62% completion rate was, IIRC, at 53% until the 4th quarter.  There were a few WTF passes in there too.  

When I watched the Steelers game it was obvious their defense played very poorly.  Now I can say it was similar to the Buccaneers D against us.  People don't want to say it but the Steelers pass defense is pretty bad and was in that game with multiple blown coverages.  FWIW they are ranked 29th in the league, with TB now at 32nd.  Mahomes ate 'em up just like Trubisky did to the Bucs.   So the 6 TD games count for both.  

Mahomes has better talent at his disposal than Trubisky does and, more importantly, an entire offense that is ahead of him in learning it.  In KC most of his offensive players are in year 2 or beyond in the scheme.  Everyone on the Bears is on game 4.   IMO Mahomes is far from the sole reason they have one of the league's best offenses.   That's a statement in relevance to how I believe QBs like Brees, Rodgers, and Brady simply make the talent around them better. 

I think other teams will catch onto what happened in Denver and work to keep Mahomes from extending plays outside the pocket.   I may be wrong but I'll wait for the multiple INT games in his future where all that effort trying to save the play just doesn't work out.   I saw it many times in college.  To be fair, in between those bad moments he'd have the 500yd 4 TD game.  

For now Trubisky has taken the longer road to building success.  There are lessons beyond the playing field that come with that.  When it all comes so easy out of the gate I'm not sure Mahomes, who has a propensity for taking risks, has learned those same lessons.  If they lose a couple players on offense how will he adjust?  Watkins went out of the game against Denver and it was like someone turned off a light switch.  Andy Reid is a smart coach and I"m quite sure he knows all this and is prepared for it. 

None of this means I think I know which of the 2017 top QBs will be the best.  I'm not that arrogant and I simply don't know.  I'm just saying wait until teams see what he's doing and can start to scheme against it.  That part of the season begins now.   

In the meantime, enjoy the ride.  Mahomes can be a lot of fun to watch. 

Good post...agree with it.  

57 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

I'll be honest...if you asked me right now, who I'd take between the top 3 QB's on your list (Mahomes / Biscuit / Watson), I would put Mahomes well above Trubisky / Watson. I could debate Trubisky / Watson for a while...I think Watson has a pretty high floor though while Trubisky I just don't know yet.  I say that about Watson because while he isn't overly accurate (at times), he seems to do well against pressure, moving his feet, etc.  

I take Biscuit over Darnold and Allen though and most likely Mayfield. I think last years class is better than this years class with one notable exception...Rosen.  I will also say that every QB has a lot of time to still develop and prove that wrong (on the good or bad side).  

Yeah, based on current stats, it is hard not to pick Mahomes, though Watson seems more clutch. Mahomes has it really easy right now and is not really doing anything too difficult. He played bad and they had a 23 point lead late in the 4th quarter. The last and only time Trubisky threw 2 picks without a TD, we lost 31-3. 

We will get a pretty good idea on where both teams and QB's stand in two weeks, after KC plays NE this week and we play them next week. By then, you will have a good recent comparison on how both teams fared against the same opponent. Houston lost to NE in Week 1, 27-20 (Watson - 17/34, 50%, 1 TD, 1 INT, 62.9 Rating).

1 minute ago, adam said:

Yeah, based on current stats, it is hard not to pick Mahomes, though Watson seems more clutch. Mahomes has it really easy right now and is not really doing anything too difficult. He played bad and they had a 23 point lead late in the 4th quarter. The last and only time Trubisky threw 2 picks without a TD, we lost 31-3. 

We will get a pretty good idea on where both teams and QB's stand in two weeks, after KC plays NE this week and we play them next week. By then, you will have a good recent comparison on how both teams fared against the same opponent. Houston lost to NE in Week 1, 27-20 (Watson - 17/34, 50%, 1 TD, 1 INT, 62.9 Rating).

That said, I'm glad we have Mitch and that Pace made the aggressive move he did. We could debate which guy was better, but as a franchise, we needed to be bold and take our guy. I said the same thing this year when the Browns finally went bold and went all in on their QB. They didn't try to get cute and go for the value play, they took the guy they liked the best (and so far they don't look stupid for doing so).  

I'll also say Trubisky is the most raw out of the bunch..even having more NFL starts, the fact that he is the only one in a brand new system (with largely entirely new weapons) gives him the biggest disadvantage in terms of system consistency, etc.  I'm sure we will see some more up and downs from Mitch but hopefully we start seeing more and more of the ups and his down's are manageable and become more and more scarce.  Time will tell and by the end of this year we should have a better idea on what Mitch can be from a floor perspective.  I think next year will be much more about what sort of ceiling might exist.  

4 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

That said, I'm glad we have Mitch and that Pace made the aggressive move he did. We could debate which guy was better, but as a franchise, we needed to be bold and take our guy. I said the same thing this year when the Browns finally went bold and went all in on their QB. They didn't try to get cute and go for the value play, they took the guy they liked the best (and so far they don't look stupid for doing so).  

I'll also say Trubisky is the most raw out of the bunch..even having more NFL starts, the fact that he is the only one in a brand new system (with largely entirely new weapons) gives him the biggest disadvantage in terms of system consistency, etc.  I'm sure we will see some more up and downs from Mitch but hopefully we start seeing more and more of the ups and his down's are manageable and become more and more scarce.  Time will tell and by the end of this year we should have a better idea on what Mitch can be from a floor perspective.  I think next year will be much more about what sort of ceiling might exist.  

They can all end up being great, which would be good for the league. It won't be a binary outcome, too many variables. In terms of raw stats, Mahomes and Watson seem like they are going to consistently produce big numbers which will always get the attention. As long as we keep winning and playing competitive football, I am good with it. 

20 minutes ago, adam said:

They can all end up being great, which would be good for the league. It won't be a binary outcome, too many variables. In terms of raw stats, Mahomes and Watson seem like they are going to consistently produce big numbers which will always get the attention. As long as we keep winning and playing competitive football, I am good with it. 

Watson won't last, he's going to be maimed in the NFL. You just cannot let the franchise guy be a runner in this NFL. Ds will be out for him every game. That's not to say that they deliberately will hurt him, but you just cannot expose your franchise guy to so much punishment week after week.

I love it when Trub gets a needed gain, but I don't want him to be the guy that will take off every down.

• 2 weeks later...

Mahomes is clearly the one in the 2017 draft class. He looks very comfortable in the pocket and seems to be able to find the open man on almost every play. Right now that's what separates him from Trubisky, he hits the open man. Trubisky overthrows him. 

I see Trubisky making pin point passes on a frequent basis.  I also see what you see when over throws a guy that's wide open.  That may be either fear or excitement.  Maybe both at different times.

Also I saw today from our receivers bad back shouldwe route on the end zone from Robinson, bludgeoned catch attempt from Sims, failed comeback route causing a pick, failed effort to fight for under thrown ball that a good receiver catches and we still put up 31 points.  

Trubisky goes for over 300 with 2 touchdowns and another 80 on the ground against a good defense.  All with having less experience in the offense Mahommes and all his weapons have been in for two years.

He is doing just fine growing into his role.  We are not a 5 win team...

27 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

I see Trubisky making pin point passes on a frequent basis.  I also see what you see when over throws a guy that's wide open.  That may be either fear or excitement.  Maybe both at different times.

Also I saw today from our receivers bad back shouldwe route on the end zone from Robinson, bludgeoned catch attempt from Sims, failed comeback route causing a pick, failed effort to fight for under thrown ball that a good receiver catches and we still put up 31 points.  

Trubisky goes for over 300 with 2 touchdowns and another 80 on the ground against a good defense.  All with having less experience in the offense Mahommes and all his weapons have been in for two years.

If we play like we did today, we will be hard-pressed to beat 3 more NFL teams. Will we? Absolutely, but not if we continue to play like this. It was just a bad game all-around. Zero pass rush makes everything else tougher on defense. When you add playing a soft zone to no pass rush, that is a recipe for disaster. I am surprised NE didn't score more and probably would have if not for the turnovers. The offense is still a work in progress but you would like to see some improvement every game. If not for the great scrambles and the Hail Mary to White, Trubisky would've had a completely awful game. He had 3-4 good throws all game, but we will need more from him in order to be a contender.

Mahomes is just the cream of the crop at this time and I believe going into the future.  Yea he has some great talent around hime but he gets them in and out of plays, he can do everything you want a QB to do.  Long term I don't see any of the current QB's in the same class.

14 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Trubisky didn't play well and the Bears scored a ton of points. That is progress in and of itself. He still has a few "WTF" decision making points, but he's going through his reads and clearly making plays.  This was not as good of a performance as the past two weeks, but still better than first few games Mitch. The accuracy was really bad and points and plays were left off the field. That said, the defense and special teams truly were the "turds" of the day.  Defense is what it is at this point and Fangio needs to put some of this on him and get more creative with scheme, etc.  

21 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Trubisky didn't play well and the Bears scored a ton of points. That is progress in and of itself. He still has a few "WTF" decision making points, but he's going through his reads and clearly making plays.  This was not as good of a performance as the past two weeks, but still better than first few games Mitch. The accuracy was really bad and points and plays were left off the field. That said, the defense and special teams truly were the "turds" of the day.  Defense is what it is at this point and Fangio needs to put some of this on him and get more creative with scheme, etc.  

Agreed.  At least, compared to the last number of seasons...this is entertaining.  We see positives.  I expect growing pains all year.   But, I can honestly say, that I feel we will be competitive in every game.  We couldn't say that for a while.

2 hours ago, madlithuanian said:

Agreed.  At least, compared to the last number of seasons...this is entertaining.  We see positives.  I expect growing pains all year.   But, I can honestly say, that I feel we will be competitive in every game.  We couldn't say that for a while.

Yea. Love the direction we're headed in, but the impatient part of me just drank that glass of bourbon that was half full. I want some wins in these games!!! Hicup.