Why Did We Sign a New LG?

AZ54

8 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

I could be wrong, but I thought Long left the Tampa game with an injury. He came back in, but maybe he is hurt more than we know.

That's one possibility but Daniels fillled in there for a few plays.  I think between Kush or Daniels we'd be ok for a game or two especially versus a guy who hasn't been with the team at all.  

6 hours ago, AZ54 said:

That's one possibility but Daniels fillled in there for a few plays.  I think between Kush or Daniels we'd be ok for a game or two especially versus a guy who hasn't been with the team at all.  

A game or two, yes. There must be a reason that we haven't seen. Kush is a FA after the year, it may have to do with that too. There are a handful of things that lead to it, we may never know. 

3 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

A game or two, yes. There must be a reason that we haven't seen. Kush is a FA after the year, it may have to do with that too. There are a handful of things that lead to it, we may never know. 

maybe kush is angry and they are hedging their bet on whether he would backup daniels, or as you said, if kush is leaving after this year, then we would need depth, and if you have a slot open on the roster, you look at your options, and pick the best one, even if it isnt a pressing need.

18 hours ago, BearFan NYC said:

maybe kush is angry and they are hedging their bet on whether he would backup daniels, or as you said, if kush is leaving after this year, then we would need depth, and if you have a slot open on the roster, you look at your options, and pick the best one, even if it isnt a pressing need.

agree, I wouldn't read anything into it.   With Acho going on IR we had an open roster spot.  It could be for future need, it could be to get a look at him and see if he can add depth.