Getting Mack'd

AZ54

I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't someone who felt it was possibly too steep initially.  It's hard to part with 2 first but two first round unknowns for a player of Mack's caliber is worth it.  I don't think there was a great deal of handwringing on this move more of the excitement and anticipation of what he could bring to an already high caliber D.  I know last night I thanked Jay Gruden for being dumb.  He's made his presence known from the first game even in limited snaps he made a huge impact.  If there was any regret over what we gave up that's long since disappeared.  

I loved that play and it proves how well he uses leverage and his opponent's momentum against them.  He can beat you in so many ways.  

3 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I can not remember was their anybody on here that complained that the 2 first round picks we gave for Mack was to much? Just asking for a friend.

Wasn’t me!   😎👍

I think the guy is an absolute great add to the team and to repeat a overly used phrase as of late; “worth every penny”.  

So Oakland is currently holding the #1 pick in the 2019 draft, and at worst they will end with the #3 pick. The Bears, with their current record will draft around #25. If we project those positions to the 2020 draft, the Bears essentially swapped Mack for a 2019 1st rounder and 10 spots in the 2020 draft. That's pretty crazy. The worst scenario for Oakland in this trade was if they were bad and the Bears became a playoff team. It looks like that is exactly what is going to happen. 

2 hours ago, adam said:

So Oakland is currently holding the #1 pick in the 2019 draft, and at worst they will end with the #3 pick. The Bears, with their current record will draft around #25. If we project those positions to the 2020 draft, the Bears essentially swapped Mack for a 2019 1st rounder and 10 spots in the 2020 draft. That's pretty crazy. The worst scenario for Oakland in this trade was if they were bad and the Bears became a playoff team. It looks like that is exactly what is going to happen. 

Yes, good deal.  I usually don't advocate for trades like this where you give up multiple or even a single high draft pick but in this case Mack is an elite game changing player.  Equally important is that he's a high character guy, great in the locker room and on the field on game day.  I love seeing him celebrating and congratulating his teammates when they make good plays.  For a young rebuilding team looking to find it's way he's a perfect fit.