Draft RB

AZ54

I keep throwing this out there.  The 2 RBs from Memphis,  Pollard and Henderson.  Will be studs in our offense.  I think we resign Callahan but not Amos.  I now have no problem taking a RB anywhere to replace Mizzell.  Pollard in 5th would be awesome. SS in 4th , backup OL in 6th. As far as OL . Witzmann and bringing Allen off PS will fill OL need for now. 

16 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I keep throwing this out there.  The 2 RBs from Memphis,  Pollard and Henderson.  Will be studs in our offense.  I think we resign Callahan but not Amos.  I now have no problem taking a RB anywhere to replace Mizzell.  Pollard in 5th would be awesome. SS in 4th , backup OL in 6th. As far as OL . Witzmann and bringing Allen off PS will fill OL need for now. 

If we're not going after an RB1 I like Pollard more than Henderson.   Henderson has a nice skillset and could handle more snaps but Pollard actually has the smoke that Mizzell falsely advertises.   Pollard could backup the role Cohen plays in the offense and probably special teams, or he can backup Howard.   If we were to lose Howard to Injury we can just bring up a guy like Nall to handle the tough yards.   

• 4 weeks later...

Bearswire listed 4 RBs in the draft who could replace Howard.  Alex Barnes is one I hadn't yet scouted.  His NFL comp is Matt Forte and he wears #34...that's a good place to start.  Actually the Forte comp feels right.  He's not great at anything but is something of a jack-of-all-trades.   He has some nice receptions deep down field including a nice one-handed grab between the CB and S down the sideline.  He's so far down the list of prospects he's definitely someone for late Day 3.  

Certainly seems like he has the character Pace likes to have on the roster.  Won't be ready to play until middle of training camp.  If we draft him we have to have someone else who can carry the load early in the season.  

8 hours ago, AZ54 said:

Bearswire listed 4 RBs in the draft who could replace Howard.  Alex Barnes is one I hadn't yet scouted.  His NFL comp is Matt Forte and he wears #34...that's a good place to start.  Actually the Forte comp feels right.  He's not great at anything but is something of a jack-of-all-trades.   He has some nice receptions deep down field including a nice one-handed grab between the CB and S down the sideline.  He's so far down the list of prospects he's definitely someone for late Day 3.  

I would have loved to see Matt Forte play in Nagy's offense. 

Peace

Myles Gaskin recently completed his visit with the Bears.  I like him as a day 3 pick, 5-7th Rd depending on who's ranking him.  He's not fast but he's pretty quick and has some ability to make the unblocked defender miss in the hole.  He's not too slow either, he just doesn't have long speed so if he gets past the 2nd level he can get run down 30-40yds down field.   He's got good hands but he's not big enough to handle 20+ snaps a game but for a RBBC approach he should be ok with 15-20.  That size limitation shows up in pass pro as well, but on the flip side he runs hard between the tackles.