Looks like it's Chase Daniel...

madlithuanian

I'm not a huge fan of Hub Arkush int he least.  But sometimes, he makes some valid points.  Going home yesterday I heard him on the Parkins and McNeil show (kind of painful in it's own right...)  Hub mentioned, that he thought having Chase Daniel could actually turn out to be a benefit.  He feared a lull in the team given the last 2 wins and the short week.  Now, with Daniel in, it's a rallying cry to help the back-up and for everyone to up their game.

We will see how it plays out.  But, there is some logic to it.  I'd still much rather have a healthy Tru.  But his availability for the end run is more important than this particular match.  Maybe it's high time we feed the beast... (JHow)

2 hours ago, adam said:

I really think he hurt it on the attached play, 2nd Quarter, with 9:37 to go. Watch how is right arm gets stretched back with all his body weight on it. This seemed worse than the Smith hit.

It may be the combination of this play and the Smith hit that resulted in Trubisky's injury but like Mongo said, Trub continued to throw decently after this.  I will say this though,  I don't believe for a minute that he has a simple 'shoulder bruise' as the injury report indicated.  Your illustration and the Smith hit both show more of a structural integrity issue than an impact injury.  This will definitely need monitoring. 

I am personally glad to see that Trubisky will get the rest and that Daniel is quite competent in this offense.  To me he looked better at running the offense during the preseason than did Trub.  Of course that was over 10 games ago where Trubisky has made improvement in his comprehension of the offense. 

3 hours ago, madlithuanian said:

I'm not a huge fan of Hub Arkush int he least.  But sometimes, he makes some valid points.  Going home yesterday I heard him on the Parkins and McNeil show (kind of painful in it's own right...)  Hub mentioned, that he thought having Chase Daniel could actually turn out to be a benefit.  He feared a lull in the team given the last 2 wins and the short week.  Now, with Daniel in, it's a rallying cry to help the back-up and for everyone to up their game.

We will see how it plays out.  But, there is some logic to it.  I'd still much rather have a healthy Tru.  But his availability for the end run is more important than this particular match.  Maybe it's high time we feed the beast... (JHow)

I totally agree with Hub, now Nagy is pushing to our backs are against the wall narrative and the team rallies behind Chase. I think the offense expands not retracts. Detroit is preparing for MT and this gets thrown in their face, I think it makes a lot of sense to think it prevents a letdown.

The rest will at least be helpful for Mitch.  I have a feeling we'll be fine if Chase does in fact start. I have a feeling that decision has been made but it's gamesmanship to keep it as a game time decision.  One thing for sure, Mitch needs to work on his sliding, he's had some awkward looking slides and given defenders seem to be allowed to hit him no matter whether he slides or goes down otherwise.  He needs to do what he can to at least try to not expose himself to hits when he's giving himself up.