James Daniels

AZ54

It is PFF and their subjective evaluations but I think we all know Daniels is improving each week.   Still some things are just indisputable facts like the statement below.  

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-after-a-slow-start-bears-guard-james-daniels-is-emerging-as-a-top-rookie-lineman

Much more at the link..

In Week 11, Daniels was tasked with stopping many of the Minnesota Vikings’ large-bodied linemen. Throughout the game, he blocked Everson Griffen, Linval Joseph and Sheldon Richardson, among others. On 40 pass-block snaps, he allowed 0 pressures to a unit with the seventh-most sacks and 14th-most pressures. Since Joseph joined the Vikings in 2014, there had yet to be a game where both he and Griffen were held without a pressure — that is, until their Thanksgiving duel with a much improved Bears offensive line.

• 1 month later...

Daniels has played fantastic.  

2018 was a great draft year for the Bears.  Smith, Daniels, Miller and Nichols all made significant impact this year.  Wims looks like he will be a key contributor in the future and I thill think Fitts has a ton of potential. 

Peace

These past couple drafts were amazing. The best thing Pace has been doing is not drafting for specific needs.  None of us projected the Bears going ILB and G/C with our first 2 picks, maybe later when Roquan was an obvious BPA.  It is nice also that this board is not loaded with our mocks so far. 

23 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

These past couple drafts were amazing. The best thing Pace has been doing is not drafting for specific needs.  None of us projected the Bears going ILB and G/C with our first 2 picks, maybe later when Roquan was an obvious BPA.  It is nice also that this board is not loaded with our mocks so far. 

amen on both points.

need does play a role of course, and I did project the Bears would take an inside linebacker, but for sure, Pace has done a good job of filling niches with free agents etc so that he doesnt have to take a particular position, but allowing it to fall to him that way if it does.

From the squad to the staff, Pace has done a great job for us, and I think we can all really thank Ernie Accorsi, who changed the trajectory of this franchise in a month a few years ago. Once you get things going the right way, you attract better coaches and free agents. This isnt going to be a one year wonder. Pace has opened a window for us that doesnt show signs of closing any time soon.

The only worry I have is losing Fangio. He has interviews already lining up and I cringe to think GB will make every effort to get him. They are in the perfect situation to go with a defensive minded coach with a vet QB and established offense to make a final run for Erin's last few years. It would be like losing Gase after Foxs first year. 

3 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

The only worry I have is losing Fangio. He has interviews already lining up and I cringe to think GB will make every effort to get him. They are in the perfect situation to go with a defensive minded coach with a vet QB and established offense to make a final run for Erin's last few years. It would be like losing Gase after Foxs first year. 

GOD I hope Not!!! Losing Vic alone would be painful let alone to GB.   I was just thinking what if GB had managed to sign away Fuller and win the trade war for Mack earlier this year?  What would our season have looked like?  And if they were to get Vic?  Aye carumba.  I’d say our team would have a very short window for success if he went there.  

But if he should go and none of the D staff were to stay (assuming most would go with him) I’d think getting someone like the recently canned Greg Pires to take over the D might be good as a patch.  He’s more a scheme player rather than set 3-4 or 4-3.  Might make a good transition.  (In the worst case scenario). 

The problem is we now have is a hot team.  I can see us losing both Fangio and Donatelli ( a former DC in the league). Then up steps Todd Knowles,  a friend of Nagy. ( probably didn't spell that right)

As long as we have Nagy and 6 potential pro bowl defensive players,  coaches will want to come here.