Hoge's 10 Bears Things Learned at the Superbowl

AZ54

A couple things I learned watching the Superbowl:   The book is out on McVay's offense and Jared Goff.   We knew this after the Bears beat them.  When he has pressure he's throwing off his back foot as he did in college and as he did when he threw that game killing INT.    The Patriots mixed up their rush and coverages enough to confuse Goff and he never got comfortable.  Nor did McVay seem to have an answer in his playbook.   I won't display it in this post but if you aren't sensitive to a bit of foul language this is a good summary of what happened:  https://i.redd.it/mtgver5rlhe21.jpg

Morrisey of the Suntimes said Trubisky wouldn't have done any better than Goff did.  This is just one more person trying to self-validate the fact they don't like Trubisky.  Nobody can know how anyone would fare in a game that was never played.  I do however believe that after playing them earlier in the year and putting up 31pts against them that Nagy would have put Trubisky and the offense in a better spot to compete than what McVay did.  Morrisey also ignores the fact that in the Eagles game when it was on the line Trubisky stayed in the pocket and delivered a strike down the right sideline just before he took a big hit.  

We do know this:  Trubisky outscored Brady against the Rams defense.   

17 hours ago, AZ54 said:

A couple things I learned watching the Superbowl:   The book is out on McVay's offense and Jared Goff.   We knew this after the Bears beat them.  When he has pressure he's throwing off his back foot as he did in college and as he did when he threw that game killing INT.    The Patriots mixed up their rush and coverages enough to confuse Goff and he never got comfortable.  Nor did McVay seem to have an answer in his playbook.   I won't display it in this post but if you aren't sensitive to a bit of foul language this is a good summary of what happened:  https://i.redd.it/mtgver5rlhe21.jpg

Morrisey of the Suntimes said Trubisky wouldn't have done any better than Goff did.  This is just one more person trying to self-validate the fact they don't like Trubisky.  Nobody can know how anyone would fare in a game that was never played.  I do however believe that after playing them earlier in the year and putting up 31pts against them that Nagy would have put Trubisky and the offense in a better spot to compete than what McVay did.  Morrisey also ignores the fact that in the Eagles game when it was on the line Trubisky stayed in the pocket and delivered a strike down the right sideline just before he took a big hit.  

We do know this:  Trubisky outscored Brady against the Rams defense.   

preach on!