3rd Rd TE

AZ54

I think TE is a position we could address in the 3rd Rd if the right player is there.  Dawson Knox has the athletic talent and size you want at the position but he's raw in his route running and blocking.   Plus his team and QB didn't utilize him much so the production isn't there.  All of which places him as a late 3rd Rd, or maybe even 4th Rd prospect.   I had to watch 3 games to see him get some passes thrown his way but he makes several good catches against Kentucky.  It's easy to envision him running the same routes as Trey Burton, or running any route faster than Shaheen.  

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/02/12/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-dawson-knox/

I think with his production he would be gotten with a 5th or maybe 4th. I think we simply draft BPA at our first 3 draft picks in any position.  I think there are replacements on our team at CB. Tolliver,  Franklin, Joseph,  or Mincey. Bush would be the starter at SS. I think we get a S in free agency if Amos doesn't comeback. Many to choose from . 

The free agent market for safeties is loaded:

Landon Collins
Earl Thomas
Lamarcus Joyner
Tyrann Mathieu
Adrian Amos
Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix
Clayton Geathers 
Glover Quin
Tre Boston
Kenny Vaccaro
George Iloka
Jimmie Ward
Adrian Phillips

So I think we fill those positions before the draft.

So we could use depth ( in order of importance)

OL- S- CB- RB- TE- QB  at BPA. 

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I think with his production he would be gotten with a 5th or maybe 4th. I think we simply draft BPA at our first 3 draft picks in any position.  I think there are replacements on our team at CB. Tolliver,  Franklin, Joseph,  or Mincey. Bush would be the starter at SS. I think we get a S in free agency if Amos doesn't comeback. Many to choose from . 

The free agent market for safeties is loaded:

Landon Collins
Earl Thomas
Lamarcus Joyner
Tyrann Mathieu
Adrian Amos
Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix
Clayton Geathers 
Glover Quin
Tre Boston
Kenny Vaccaro
George Iloka
Jimmie Ward
Adrian Phillips

So I think we fill those positions before the draft.

So we could use depth ( in order of importance)

OL- S- CB- RB- TE- QB  at BPA. 

His production absolutely says 4th or 5th Rd pick, or later but his QB was horrible in the 3 games I watched.   Wait to see how he performs at the combine because that could easily pull him up to a 4th Rd grade.  If he runs well and puts up numbers like Kittle expect him to go a bit earlier because right now everyone is wondering how they missed on Kittle.  We know he can consistently make catches away from his body (bad QB play).  We pick late 3rd Rd and Pace's grade could have him in that bucket or he could be a candidate if we trade back later in the 3rd Rd or early 4th.  I just remember how key Nagy said this position is to his offense and nobody on the roster really fits Burton's role.        I still think safety is the higher priority assuming Amos leaves.