Using GNBD, I did a mock of our first 3 rounds bears draft.

Stinger226

I used the GBND big board to do our first 3 picks. I went up 10 spots and down 10 to decide who to pick to give a value specify draft. 

3rd.  88   Cris lindstrom/ OG/ BC I think he will replace Long in our starting lineup either during to injury or next year when we cut Long. 

4th 114.   Devin Singletary/RB/ Flor Atlantic. He is quick and very capable of becoming a Hunt type of back.

5th 138.  Nasir Adderley S/ Delaware. The kid can play , looked great in the senior bowl. 

Give it a shot:

https://gbnreport.com/preliminary-top-50-prospects-for-2019/

Singletary would be a good 4th rd pick, I would be on board. His name would be welcome in Chicago also.  Taking a G early depends on if they can get Long to restructure. I'd love to see Long stay healthy for our Superbowl runs.  They may take OL round 3 anyways if a BPA is waiting for us to swoop him up.

2 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

I'm taking Parris Campbell or Bryce Love with my 3rd round pick.  We need homerun speed and both fit the bill.  The versatility they both have would be a great compliment to Cohen and a nightmare for defenders.

If Love came out last year, he might have snuck into the first. He had a so so year and then torn the ACL. We might get lucky and get him later than a 3rd. I've been pushing him, he has the speed. Greg Gabriel told me he isnt an established receiver, but I think he would be better there than Howard with work.

12 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I used the GBND big board to do our first 3 picks. I went up 10 spots and down 10 to decide who to pick to give a value specify draft. 

3rd.  88   Cris lindstrom/ OG/ BC I think he will replace Long in our starting lineup either during to injury or next year when we cut Long. 

4th 114.   Devin Singletary/RB/ Flor Atlantic. He is quick and very capable of becoming a Hunt type of back.

5th 138.  Nasir Adderley S/ Delaware. The kid can play , looked great in the senior bowl. 

Give it a shot:

https://gbnreport.com/preliminary-top-50-prospects-for-2019/

I'm not that anxious to replace Long.  I think with him having his first offseason in a couple years with no surgeries or major injuries to recover from he'll get back to what he used to be.  In that case we've spent a 3rd Rd pick on someone who won't contribute.  Now if you think the injury bug is guaranteed to bite Long again then of course this OG would contribute.   Given our limited picks this year I prefer to get more insurance at S, RB, TE, or even CB.  

I like Singletary in the 4th.  He's got some limitations in his game but so will any other RB we draft in the 4th Rd.  

Nasir Adderley is ranked 25th overall at SI.com and DraftTek has him in the exact same spot.  I realize it's early and draft boards are all over the place but it's hard to think anyone garnering that much 1st Rd interest at this point in the process will still be on the board in the 5th Rd.   But if he's there in the 5th Rd it's a no brainer.   The play he makes at 2:50 on kick coverage is awesome.  He misses the first tackle, gets up off the ground and chases the returner 40 yards downfield to prevent a TD.  

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/02/13/draft-big-board-rankings-nick-bosa-dwayne-haskins-kyler-murray-drew-lock-daniel-jones?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=themmqb&utm_source=twitter.com

Long hasn't had a full season for the last 3 years. Witzmann played okay,  but were back to trying to replace him in the season. So get his replacement and give a year to grow.  If Long is injured again this year , do you think the Bears will bring him back at 9 million a year? That won't happen. You have another young player that can get with Daniels and Whitehair for a long time. 

On 2/17/2019 at 7:41 PM, Stinger226 said:

Long hasn't had a full season for the last 3 years. Witzmann played okay,  but were back to trying to replace him in the season. So get his replacement and give a year to grow.  If Long is injured again this year , do you think the Bears will bring him back at 9 million a year? That won't happen. You have another young player that can get with Daniels and Whitehair for a long time. 

True and I didn't say I'm opposed to drafting an OG but it's just not my preference for the 3rd Rd pick.  Safety, CB, or RB are still my expectations in this round.  I think if he has a serious injury again Long very well could be gone or asked to take a big pay cut, which could lead to him being cut, but that doesn't stop us from drafting an OG in 2020 in the 2nd or 3rd Rd.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2019 at 3:30 PM, Mongo3451 said:

I'm taking Parris Campbell or Bryce Love with my 3rd round pick.  We need homerun speed and both fit the bill.  The versatility they both have would be a great compliment to Cohen and a nightmare for defenders.

Parris Campbell is now a late 1st rounder or a 2nd.  ?

11 hours ago, AZ54 said:

Where does Andy Isabella end up?   You can't help but think Belichick already has a plan in place to draft him.   

It's hard to tell with a guy like him.  He has the initial quickness to be a really good slot guy.  You are definitely right on with BB.  My guess he goes anywhere from 4 on.

8 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

It's hard to tell with a guy like him.  He has the initial quickness to be a really good slot guy.  You are definitely right on with BB.  My guess he goes anywhere from 4 on.

With legit 4.3 speed I think he goes in the 3rd Rd, and maybe late 2nd.  Remember the Rams traded up to draft Tayvon Austin in the first round, and Austin ran a 4.34 forty.  IMO he's a little bit different from the smaller Tayvon Austin types who have a good forty time but it's largely because of their initial quickness and they don't have long speed.  Austin is still fast, and is probably quicker in his cuts (see better 2yd shuttle time), but Isabella can fly.  He'll need some scheme help to get open at times but that's nothing for a guy like Nagy or Belichick.  He'd be perfectly fine in the Taylor Gabriel role in our offense.   We have other needs so I'm not expecting us to draft him unless he falls into the 5th Rd.  At that point anything is possible.   

...and against Georgia he was able to get deep a couple time albeit likely against the 2nd string.   I have no reason to think Georgia's backup defenders aren't talented athletes.   

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

The combine always boasts players above their true value.  I think the 2 most important traits are work ethic and production on their tape. Speed is very important but not everyone with speed is a football player. 

Yes it does, and that's why I think Isabella's going to go higher than initially expected.  The Combine also boosted Tarik Cohen into a 4th Rd pick when everyone had him pegged later.  

Having a 3,4,and 5 will get us contributors to the team this year. When you have  little draft capital,  I see them moving back for more picks instead of forward and give picks away. Pace has a better track record in mid rounds than first rounds.  Trust in Pace. 

21 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Having a 3,4,and 5 will get us contributors to the team this year. When you have  little draft capital,  I see them moving back for more picks instead of forward and give picks away. Pace has a better track record in mid rounds than first rounds.  Trust in Pace. 

I see Pace trading Howard and moving up into the top of the 3rd Rd to draft a RB named Miles Sanders.