Roquan Smith Reflections Of My Rookie Season

AZ54

Good read.  Kid seems to be well grounded and a hard worker.  He had a good situation to come into as a rookie.  He got better as the season went on.  His future and the future of our D is bright.  We have a good young core to build on who's hungry to get better.  Chuck has inherited a great group of guys to work with. 

At the start of his Bears career was the long holdout that almost crept into the start of the season, so he started in a hole both schematically, physically, and fanbase.    But now after the season he did what he needed to make up for that.  As the season went on and he got better and better, I enjoyed watching him play and grow in this defense.  He needed to have a good rookie campaign to make people forget about the holdout and he did just that.  He's certainly shown why we took him 8th overall.  

For me I like to see some of the ‘old D numbers’ make a successful reemergence like 95 (RRH - Dent - and Spice), 91 (Goldman - Harris) and  99 (Lynch - Hampton). My personal favorite is 58 which was the number I wore when I played due in part because of Marshall. I was a HUGE fan as a kid!  Great to see it on an awesome player and person who’s only just begun.