Adrian Amos signs with GB

adam

2 hours ago, Connorbear said:

Why should he be loyal to the Bears?  He should go out and get the best contract offered to him.  I hate that he went to the Packers but I completely understand the decision. 

Peace

Do go and be logical here regarding anyone w/ the Packers!  F him and the Packers!  

10 hours ago, Connorbear said:

Why should he be loyal to the Bears?  He should go out and get the best contract offered to him.  I hate that he went to the Packers but I completely understand the decision. 

Peace

I’m with Connor on this.  On the one hand yes I hate that Amos had to choose and go to the Packers for more money . But last year we very nearly saw Fuller leave to the Packers.  Had the Bears not been able to designate him an RFA (or whatever) and have the scratch to match the Packers offer, that’s what would have happened.  Difference here is Amos was an UFA and the Bears dont have as much ‘free money’ to play with so he goes to the highest bidder.  I’m hoping Pagano is ok with this because from my understanding of his style is that Amos meets his more ‘in the box’ style Safety . 

That being said perhaps this opens the door for someone like Clinton-Dix to come over. Collins (who is more physical) went to the  Redskins.  So my hope for a Bama defensive backfield is diminishing.  

I'd prefer having Amos here but not at that price.  Over-paying for a good player at a non-critical position is how a team gets into trouble long term.  So if someone was going to overpay I'm glad it's the Packers, and now two years in a row they went after Bears DBs.  If there is someone who knows how to exploit Amos' coverage skills its Matt Nagy. 

In summary the Packers moved on from HHCD to pay Amos $37mil.  Even though I always felt HHCD was over-rated, I never saw that coming.     

6 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

It would be interesting if HAHA  came here. He is more of a playmaker than Amos. I think he would be a upgrade. 

Pace does not like to go into the draft with a "need" so you can bet we'll sign someone at safety.  The only question is at what cost.