Draft able players in each round

Stinger226

I went over 5 big boards on websites I like , example: GBND and draft countdown, Bleacher report-Matt Miller

At 87 here are some draft picks I think we are interested in

M, Jordan /OG                                          M. Crosby/EDGE

T. Howard/OT                                            D. Singletary /RB

D. Montgomery/RB                                  M. Dieter/OG

D. Knox/TE                                                 J. Oliver/TE

Evans/OT                                                   D. Savage/S

A. Hooker/SS-CB                                       B. Benzschawale

I. Johnson/CB

At pick 126

J. Steinberger/TE

T. Williams/RB

J. Jelks/EDGE

K. Boyd/CB

C. Miller/EDGE

S. Smith/EDGE

at pick 162

M. Scharping/OT

E. Banogu/EDGE

J. Moreau/TE

T. Armstead/RB

J. Jackson/CB

As far as getting value with our picks that apply to our depth.( I think they consider players that they may need to replace current vets for future cap decisions that also add depth at those positions.

With pick 87 I think they take A. Hooker than can play both SS and SCB. That gives up potential of replacing those currently on our roster at those 2 positions we added.

With pick 126 I think they take a edge rusher, C. MIller fits the athlete with upside. Later rounds have less value at this position.

With pick 162 I think they take Armstead to fill out their need at RB. Also they have had 3 visits with him.

In those rounds it could also be a CB, OG and TE.

I think they draft Alan Bars/OG  with one of their 7th round picks.

I also think they address CB in the last round with a J. Moreland and D. Long could still be there.

We have Coward being developed that could man the OT spot so that makes that position less draft able.

Also we could use a blocking TE which I think we can find as an UDFA.

Lets see who you take, here's my draft.

3- Hooker/SS-CB

4-Miller/EDGE

5-Armstead/RB

7- Bars/OG

7- Moreland/CB

7 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I went over 5 big boards on websites I like , example: GBND and draft countdown, Bleacher report-Matt Miller

At 87 here are some draft picks I think we are interested in

M, Jordan /OG   ranked 269?                  M. Crosby/EDGE  3 Rds or so too early 

T. Howard/OT   Player YES, position No       D. Singletary /RB  Not interested, maybe on Day 3

D. Montgomery/RB                                  M. Dieter/OG   Player YES, position No

D. Knox/TE                                                 J. Oliver/TE

Evans/OT   plays like Bobby Massie Jr.     D. Savage/S   Player Yes, Position Yes

A. Hooker/SS-CB  Player Yes, position Yes                             B. Benzschawale   later, as in much 

I. Johnson/CB   Like him somewhere on Day 3  

At pick 126

J. Steinberger/TE

T. Williams/RB    Player Yes, Position Yes

J. Jelks/EDGE

K. Boyd/CB

C. Miller/EDGE

S. Smith/EDGE

at pick 162

M. Scharping/OT    I like his potential and in one game he played both sides so appears to be at least a good future backup OT

E. Banogu/EDGE

J. Moreau/TE

T. Armstead/RB

J. Jackson/CB

As far as getting value with our picks that apply to our depth.( I think they consider players that they may need to replace current vets for future cap decisions that also add depth at those positions.

With pick 87 I think they take A. Hooker than can play both SS and SCB. That gives up potential of replacing those currently on our roster at those 2 positions we added.

With pick 126 I think they take a edge rusher, C. MIller fits the athlete with upside. Later rounds have less value at this position.

With pick 162 I think they take Armstead to fill out their need at RB. Also they have had 3 visits with him.

In those rounds it could also be a CB, OG and TE.

I think they draft Alan Bars/OG  with one of their 7th round picks.

I also think they address CB in the last round with a J. Moreland and D. Long could still be there.

We have Coward being developed that could man the OT spot so that makes that position less draft able.

Also we could use a blocking TE which I think we can find as an UDFA.

Lets see who you take, here's my draft.

3- Hooker/SS-CB

4-Miller/EDGE

5-Armstead/RB

7- Bars/OG

7- Moreland/CB

Comments above

22 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I am not sure why, but I keep thinking Armstead is going to be our RB pick especially as a later round pick. Not my favorite back.I like Henderson first , then Williams.

He's ok and as a pick late in the draft he can fill a role but I doubt he'll ever be more than a #2 if not a #3.  I don't think he's much different from Davis.  We just paid Davis $3mil guaranteed.  

Rd 6/7 you can toss in Jalin Moore (App St) as a similar prospect.  Myles Gaskin too but offers more power inside, Matt Colburn is a more compact version of Henderson with a bit less speed, and on the bigger side Alex Barnes.      

If the Bears view Davis as the #1 back then I think they draft a RB as a RBBC type. Williams probably fills that role the best. If they take BPA in the first few rounds, I can not see that being a RB.I think Hooker  is an excellent choice  the 3rd if he is there. Can play a S or CB slot and take over next year as HaHa seeks a new contract or Skine does not pan out. Also if a edge rusher slips a round, I can see them valuing that as a priority because of the questions still related to Floyd not taking a next step.

So I do not see them grabbing a RB until the 5th round .

5 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

here is a mock I did on Draftnetwork that I could get behind.

Hey, I’m sold.  A Bama defensive back and a guy named Singletary?  Heck ya.  

Highlights of Thompson makes him out to be a true SS and is a thumper to boot.  Since both Jackson and Dix are more coverage safeties, maybe one of them could move to CB someday...if the Bears were able to convince both to stay...at a reasonable cost? 

I will take a shot since we are a week from the start of the first round.  Needs are dwindling and picks are limited, so the Bears have to make impact picks to stay ahead of the North. 
Round 3 Pick 23: Darrell Henderson, RB, Memphis (A+)

If Hooker was available I think he would be the pick, he went rd2 in this mock. Henderson would be a steal and fits Nagys offense to a T.  The offense needs a back to hit the holes quicker than Howard while being able to run routes when called upon. If they get Henderson, the talking heads will admire.

Round 4 Pick 24: Isaiah Johnson, CB, Houston (A+)

Rising CB prospect with size and speed to develop behind Prince. I thought about him for round 3, so doubtful he slides.  We may have a pair of young CBs to take over in Johnson and Tolliver.

Round 5 Pick 24: Sheldrick Redwine (FS/CB) Miami (Fla.) (A)

I see the Bears double dipping into DBs, Redwine can fit the role as nickle while learning S behind Dix. Listed as a FS but has a knack for attacking the run.

Round 7 Pick 8: Maxx Crosby, DE,                  E. Michigan (A+)

Upcoming small school edge, has length and speed but needs to grow a little stronger.  Hype is starting to build after his combine so who knows where he would go.  Compares to a poor TJ Watt. Has work to do but could be a steal.

Round 7 Pick 24: Javon Patterson, OG, Ole Miss (A+)

Played all 3 positions inside and is an excellent pass protector.  Strength needs to be made, but would make a great swing int lineman. 

6 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

I will take a shot since we are a week from the start of the first round.  Needs are dwindling and picks are limited, so the Bears have to make impact picks to stay ahead of the North. 

If Hooker was available I think he would be the pick, he went rd2 in this mock. Henderson would be a steal and fits Nagys offense to a T.  The offense needs a back to hit the holes quicker than Howard while being able to run routes when called upon. If they get Henderson, the talking heads will admire.

Rising CB prospect with size and speed to develop behind Prince. I thought about him for round 3, so doubtful he slides.  We may have a pair of young CBs to take over in Johnson and Tolliver.

I see the Bears double dipping into DBs, Redwine can fit the role as nickle while learning S behind Dix. Listed as a FS but has a knack for attacking the run.

Upcoming small school edge, has length and speed but needs to grow a little stronger.  Hype is starting to build after his combine so who knows where he would go.  Compares to a poor TJ Watt. Has work to do but could be a steal.

Played all 3 positions inside and is an excellent pass protector.  Strength needs to be made, but would make a great swing int lineman. 

I like that draft.  

18 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

If the Bears view Davis as the #1 back then I think they draft a RB as a RBBC type. Williams probably fills that role the best. If they take BPA in the first few rounds, I can not see that being a RB.I think Hooker  is an excellent choice  the 3rd if he is there. Can play a S or CB slot and take over next year as HaHa seeks a new contract or Skine does not pan out. Also if a edge rusher slips a round, I can see them valuing that as a priority because of the questions still related to Floyd not taking a next step.

So I do not see them grabbing a RB until the 5th round .

I don't think Davis is anything more than 1 year insurance policy to make sure we have good depth at RB, but not a #1.   It's all RBBC and I have to think Nall is part of the plan here too.  If that's correct Pace can grab a RB anywhere if the value is right, and he can even afford to take a chance on an injury risk like Love or Anderson on Day 3. 

When I say Davis  is #1 back I do not mean as a traditional #1 with 250 to 300 carries. I refer to him as the lead back of a committee. 

Davis  150 to 175, rookie 100, Cohen 75 to 100, and Patterson 20 to 50.  I also think Nall finally makes the everyday roster. With Patterson and Cohen, Nagy will like to play with his toys as the others fill their roles. If we had signed Hunt, I think he would have been more of the 200 to 250 type of player with the others filling their. roles. 

Its going to be interesting to see how the carries play out, but I think Davis has more of a role than we originally thought when we signed him.

10 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Those are definitely  all the positions we will draft. I dont think Crosby would last that long but I would get on board with that draft. With all the RBs we have met with, I do not think we have a visit with Henderson , which I think is odd since he probably best fits our RB traits they look for.