Bears 2019 Schedule released

adam

Here we go. We need to go into the bye at 4-1 or 5-0. The next 11 are tough. I am hoping 6-5 in that set, but 5-6 looks more realistic. Back to back Thursday Night games are in interesting.  The Cowboys will also be coming off a Thanksgiving game like us and traveling to Chicago. We will be coming home from Detroit. So I think we have the edge there. The only back to back away games are Week 2 and 3 with Week 3 being a MNF game against Washington. That gives us an extra day of rest which helps on the back to back away games.

Week 1: Green Bay Packers (NFL Kickoff Game) - W (after last year, I can't see us losing this game, HHCD Revenge Game)

Week 2: at Denver Broncos - W (Vic Fangio Revenge Game)

Week 3: at Washington Redskins (Monday Night Football) - W (I can't see us losing to WAS, HHCD Revenge Game #2)

Week 4: Minnesota Vikings - W (At home, we are in Cousins head)

Week 5: at Oakland Raiders (London) - W (Khalil Mack Revenge Game - Carr might die)

Week 6: BYE

Week 7: New Orleans Saints - L (Saints are not as good on the road or on grass, so we could win this one, Hicks/Pace Revenge Game)

Week 8: Los Angeles Chargers - W (This is a tough matchup, but I think we win this one at home)

Week 9: at Philadelphia Eagles - L (Philly is a tough out at home, Jordan Howard revenge game?)

Week 10: Detroit Lions - W (Lions are bad)

Week 11: at Los Angeles Rams (Sunday Night Football) - L (We beat them last year, so we could win here as well)

Week 12: New York Giants - W (Giants are terrible)

Week 13: at Detroit Lions (Thanksgiving) - W (Lions are bad)

Week 14: Dallas Cowboys (Thursday Night Football) - W (We get Dallas at home after they travel from DAL to CHI)

Week 15: at Green Bay Packers - L (Split home and away, but we will have extra rest coming off a THU Night game)

Week 16: Kansas City Chiefs (Sunday Night Football) - L (This might be the game of the year and SB preview, at home so we could win here)

Week 17: at Minnesota Vikings - L (Split in Division, no other reason for the loss)

I have us at 10-6, splitting with MIN and GB in the Division and sweeping DET for a 4-2 Division Record. 

However, 12-4 is just as realistic as I don't see us losing 3 straight to end the season. So flip GB and MIN and we are 12-4. I still say 10 is our basement and 12 is our ceiling. Trubisky will need to take a huge step forward and the defense will have to be close to what it was last year for us to win more than 10.

7 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Definitely a much tougher schedule.  

GB plays both KC and LAC on the road in back to back weeks, then comes home to play CAR before their bye. They could easily lose all 3 of those.

It is a tougher schedule but at the same time I don't feel like it's brutal with our defensive talent and Pagano's philosophy to get more aggressive as needed I don't see a huge drop off and possibly even see the D playa at an equal level or better than last year.  The offense should take a step forward now as they aren't learning a new system but are now able to fine tune it.  If the D continues to play at a high championship level and the offense steps up their game, and we are able to stay relatively healthy or are able to deal with injuries well. I don't see why we couldn't go 12-4 again.  We lost a lot of close games last year that could have easily landed us a 1 or 2 seed.  And watching the playoffs I don't see how we couldn't have competed and possibly won it all had we not fallen in the first round.  Plenty of tough matchups on our schedule but I feel we belong with those teams and can hang with anyone.  

On 4/18/2019 at 7:42 AM, Stinger226 said:

Last year we were saying they have such a tough schedule and they went 12-4. I can see them still being a better team and going with 10-6 or 11-5. Injuries and development of MT will be the key factors in winning less than 12 games again.

For injuries, we had Trubisky hurt and missed a game. ARob missed some time. Mack and EJack did as well. Long and Shaheen both missed half season plus. So even though we didn't have any season ending injuries, we did have some key guys miss some time.