Day 3 Begins

AZ54

We have picks 126 (4th),  205 (6th), 222 (7th),  238 (7th).    I think Pace is going to make a trade to get either one more pick or to get back into the 5th Rd from 205.  To get that done he'll either drop back from 126 or he'll use one of next years' picks to move up.  

Just now, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Riley Ridley WR, surprised me but now we have two dogs in the wr pound.  I still think Wins is the better.

I’m a big fan of Wims too, no doubt.  Ridley  makes some sense (at least to me) given Nagy needing more tools.  And I think there were rumors last year that Pace tried to trade up to get Riley’s brother but went with Wims instead.  

5 minutes ago, BearFan NYC said:

I guess this makes Gabriel a chess piece.

That’s my thought too.  Personally not a fan of Millers either...that being said...

Still think the team needs to address S/NB with Skrine as the primary choice.  Although McManis showed some promise in the role at limited play.  

I'm very surprised by the pick.  I expected a TE to be taken.  From a value standpoint Ridley stands out and he's similar is many ways to Anthony Miller.  It's pretty clear now Allen Robinson likely won't see another contract from the Bears.  

Just now, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Gabriel is still a weapon and has a place imo.  He may lose some snaps to Ridley, but I don't see his roster spot. 

Robinson, Miller, Gabriel, Ridley, Wims...getting that position solidified.

Patterson as well. I love the Ridley pick. WR is now crazy deep

58 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

Despite starting at 87 overall Pace has come out of this draft with two of the top 60 players.  

Pace is becoming an awesome GM. I admire that he has the Cojones to go up and get his guy. Honestly getting your guy is better than accumulating draft capital as long as you continue to get solid players when you move up. 

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 12:19 PM, Stinger226 said:

I believe he is doing the BPA thing. I seen several draft sites that had him rated in the top 10 of WRs. He is different from anybody we have on the team. Closes to ARob accept not as tall.

Ridley seems to me like a slower, less athletic Chris Conley, who Nagy had in KC and who KC drafted at a similar point in the draft.  I don't think he's a top receiver, but he's a good guy to have on your team, runs good routes, catches the ball well, etc. 

Ridley is a Antwan Bolder type. A little faster but 15lbs lighter. Most sights I saw had him a Top 10 WR. 

If we move forward 2 years when  we have to have cheaper contracts on the team for MTs Contract I can see this lineup:

Wims

E. Hall

Ridley

A. Miller. 

I can see them cutting Gabriel next year and Robinson in 2 years.