Draft Grades

AZ54

The reviews and instant grades are coming in.  For me this was an excellent weekend.  For a draft that started late 3rd Rd we still picked up two players with 2nd Rd grades.  Montgomery is a starter week 1.  Ridley is a future WR2 starter.  Shelley looks like at least a solid backup NB but has the potential to become a starter.   Whyte has enough ability to develop into a 3rd RB after a year on the practice squad but may only find a niche as a special teams player.   Denmark is just an athletic freak.  I'm really curious to see how he handles the jump to the NFL but Pace saw enough not to take a chance on grabbing him as a UDFA.        

Then in UDFAs we added OG Bars who had 3rd/4th Rd grades but fell due to injury.  If he gets healthy that's excellent value.  Dax Raymond had day 3 grades, anywhere from 5th to 7th.  He should be able to fill in as the 4th TE this year and maybe compete with Braunecker a year from now to be the 3rd TE.  He's much better suited to backup Burton than anyone we had last year.   There are a couple Edge players that might develop into backups in a year or two so for now Fitts and Irving have a little competition.  

This was a deep draft and so most teams were able to add good players throughout.  Most teams got good grades but NFL.com also gave us an A.  Given where we started I agree.  

4 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I thought we would get 3 backups at best this year and the players you spoke all could eventually start and Monty is going to a stud, Ridley will contribute this year. Also Hall could be interesting,  has speed to burn.

Yeah, forgot about Hall.  Another 3/4th Rd value added post draft.