Bears Kicking Competition

adam

Bears kicking comp going better than expected. Pineiro has a slight edge in % and distance (long of 63). He has the leg strength, which will be helpful in the Chicago weather. Fry will need to put on a show the rest of the way to win this one. It seems like it's Pineiro's to lose.

It's a bit hard to tell given the distance of the camera angles but Pineiro appears to have slightly altered his kicking motion since coming to the Bears.  He seems to be staying on his plant foot longer instead of putting all his momentum into the kicking leg.   His competitor Fry appears to have better leg strength now after working with the Bears.  Regardless both are kicking better than I expected and both appear to be NFL kickers.  I credit the kicking coach Nagy hired.  

18 hours ago, AZ54 said:

It's a bit hard to tell given the distance of the camera angles but Pineiro appears to have slightly altered his kicking motion since coming to the Bears.  He seems to be staying on his plant foot longer instead of putting all his momentum into the kicking leg.   His competitor Fry appears to have better leg strength now after working with the Bears.  Regardless both are kicking better than I expected and both appear to be NFL kickers.  I credit the kicking coach Nagy hired.  

Agreed. I'm glad Nagy hired the kicking coach and I hope they keep him on staff. 

Peace