Some really interesting comments today

adam

Check out the press conferences and locker room conversations the media had with the players and Nagy today: https://www.chicagobears.com/video/trubisky-we-all-know-what-we-re-capable-of

Some things that stood out:

1. The players held an all-players meeting (first of it's kind under Nagy). Trubisky seemed pretty genuine and frustrated. He also hears the noise (media, fans, etc). Hopefully, that is something he can use for motivation going forward. He liked playing the underdog and no one believes in us thing last year. 

2. Trubisky said "I am trying to be a pass-first guy" - this might be the most telling statement of the day. So he is clearly forcing himself not to run (against his instincts). If this is coming from the coaches, that is a mistake. Just let the kid play, clean up the footwork and see what happens. Don't completely neuter half his game, look at what Jackson is doing. It is ok to be a running QB. 

3. Trevathan had an interesting comment about Smith, "he (Smith) is trying to figure it out a little bit right now". When asked about what he had to figure out, Danny stated that he was playing the "Mike" and Smith was now playing the "backside". So this makes a lot of sense from a performance perspective, Smith was out of position for a lot of plays because he was literally in a different position. I wonder if this was sort of a demotion for the whole missed game thing. If it was tied to the jersey, we will find out next month if Smith ends up with some phantom injury for the Dallas game. If it wasn't a demotion (for any reason), then why make that switch? If mental health related, are they trying to lessen the load on him mentally? A very fascinating circumstance, and whatever it is, I hope Smith can overcome it personally and professionally. 

2 hours ago, adam said:

Check out the press conferences and locker room conversations the media had with the players and Nagy today: https://www.chicagobears.com/video/trubisky-we-all-know-what-we-re-capable-of

Some things that stood out:

1. The players held an all-players meeting (first of it's kind under Nagy). Trubisky seemed pretty genuine and frustrated. He also hears the noise (media, fans, etc). Hopefully, that is something he can use for motivation going forward. He liked playing the underdog and no one believes in us thing last year. 

2. Trubisky said "I am trying to be a pass-first guy" - this might be the most telling statement of the day. So he is clearly forcing himself not to run (against his instincts). If this is coming from the coaches, that is a mistake. Just let the kid play, clean up the footwork and see what happens. Don't completely neuter half his game, look at what Jackson is doing. It is ok to be a running QB. 

3. Trevathan had an interesting comment about Smith, "he (Smith) is trying to figure it out a little bit right now". When asked about what he had to figure out, Danny stated that he was playing the "Mike" and Smith was now playing the "backside". So this makes a lot of sense from a performance perspective, Smith was out of position for a lot of plays because he was literally in a different position. I wonder if this was sort of a demotion for the whole missed game thing. If it was tied to the jersey, we will find out next month if Smith ends up with some phantom injury for the Dallas game. If it wasn't a demotion (for any reason), then why make that switch? If mental health related, are they trying to lessen the load on him mentally? A very fascinating circumstance, and whatever it is, I hope Smith can overcome it personally and professionally. 

I agree, let Trubisky play the game he's good at.  When we're not doing that let him handoff the ball to David Montgomery.  

Struck me as odd to see the Bears practice in orange practice jerseys.  That is, the majority of players not just the QBs like is customary.  In the photos below it shows Trubiksy in blue which is normally the color of all the offense save the QBs.  Probably nothing more than they’re playing in orange ‘home’ jerseys this week and were getting used to it... 

In other news, I see OLmen Bars and Mustipher highlighted as was new guy DLman Urban.  

https://www.chicagobears.com/photos/practice-snaps-10-23-19