Trading Deadline, Buyers or Sellers?

adam

The trading deadline is on October 29th and the Bears have some tough decisions to make. They are 3-3 and I think the outcome of the Chargers game will determine which way they go at the deadline. They obviously have some needs and I could actually see them as buyers and sellers even if they win. If they lose, you have to think fire sale and clean up the cap while recouping picks.

Right now they have a few candidates to be cut in the offseason to save money for next year. Those guys include Amukamara, Davis, Gabriel, Patterson, and Shaheen. They also have others who would become FA's in the offseason: Daniel, Sowell, RRH, Trevathan, Kwiatkoski, Lynch, and HHCD.

There are also a few others with some ugly contracts that I would attempt to move: Massie, Burton, Floyd, and Skrine.

So if we become buyers, who would you like to see brought in?

Our OLine is terrible. We could use some help:
OLine: Trent Williams
OLine: Brandon Scherff
OLine: Billy Price

I wonder if ATL would be willing to swap underperformers Floyd for Beasley?
Edge: Vic Beasley

With Smith's questionable status, do the Bears make a move for a LB?
LB: Alec Ogletree
LB: Preston Brown

With Hicks out, the Bears could use another body on the DLine:
DLine: Leonard Williams
DLine: Yannick Ngakoue

TE seems to be a huge need, and there are some decent options other there. Eifert should come cheap:
TE: OJ Howard
TE: Tyler Eifert

I feel like CB is now a weakness, players playing 10 yards off and that we could use some more talent at that position:
CB: Patrick Peterson
CB: Williams Jackson

One of the worst scenarios is if Trusbisky plays bad and we win, that would almost certainly signal a need to upgrade the QB position. Someone like Keenum or Fitzpatrick could come in immediately and pick up the offense. Rosen would be more for the future:
QB: Josh Rosen
QB: Case Keenum
QB: Ryan Fitzpatrick

If we somehow flop this game, I'm in for some trades for draft picks only.

I would think Floyd, Prince, Davis, Trevathon, Leno, Massie, Patterson, Gabriel and Burton could all fetch something and alleviate cap hit next season.  Keep all rookie deals and again trade for picks only.

Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

13 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

If we somehow flop this game, I'm in for some trades for draft picks only.

I would think Floyd, Prince, Davis, Trevathon, Leno, Massie, Patterson, Gabriel and Burton could all fetch something and alleviate cap hit next season.  Keep all rookie deals and again trade for picks only.

Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

No one is taking Burton and his salary. 

Peace

I’m not sure how this all works but when it comes to making trades doesn’t having some draft capital in the form of draft picks have more meaning to other teams than players?  The Bears have two 2nd rounders for next year and really that’s about it.  Players wise there aren’t a lot of players I could see other teams really wanting maybe except for a player like Bars or some of the other developmental players.  But even then you’re talking about lower quality value.  

For me I’m really hoping the defense figures it out for this game and we don’t have to worry on replacing anyone on that side of the field.  As weird as it may sound I’d like to see how Mariota might do in a different environment. I’ve always thought he and Trubiksy are too similar BUT Mariota did play for Helfrich while in Oregon so maybe it makes sense in that regard?  Another one I’ve heard recently is maybe looking for a way to secure Bridgewater would make sense?  Finally along the line I’d definitely say making a run for Williams may not be as hard as we thought. He’s pissed at Washington and clearly wants out so maybe they’d be able to make a team friendly offer to see his interest?  Lastly P.S. : OJ Howard would be one intriguing piece to add.