Glennon vs Trubisky

adam

Can you believe the Bears signed Glennon and drafted Trubisky in the same offseason and then benched Glennon after he had 4 straight games with a TD pass, completed over 63% of his passes and 3 games with over 200 yards passing (1x 300 yard game)? For as bad as we thought Glennon was (which he was), Trubisky is actually worse. 

Trubisky has 0 TD passes in 6 of his last 8 games (not including MIN game where he left with injury).  Trubisky now has as many games with less than 200 yards passing than he has with more than 200 yards passing (16 games each). 

Glennon, in comparison has 13 games over 200 yards, 9 games under 200. 

The worst part is TD passes. Trubisky has 36 career TD passes in 980 attempts, Glennon, 36 TD passes in 794 passing attempts. Glennon was also on some crap teams, so for him to have the same many of TD as Trubisky is damning to say the least.

So the Bears essentially signed and drafted nearly the same QB, yet actually kept the less productive one. Sickening. Another reason the Bears should really look for a new GM and QB. 

I just don't know what to do. I don't think the Bears will ever get a good one.  Watching the drafts, the GMs have a handful of prospects to draft each round and they take the poster child.  Why? I think it comes from the ownership wanting a certain profile. I will not take another GM or coach or QB.  It is now on the owners.  No more. Sucks it comes down to the creators of the league to exit. But they are damned 

42 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

I just don't know what to do. I don't think the Bears will ever get a good one.  Watching the drafts, the GMs have a handful of prospects to draft each round and they take the poster child.  Why? I think it comes from the ownership wanting a certain profile. I will not take another GM or coach or QB.  It is now on the owners.  No more. Sucks it comes down to the creators of the league to exit. But they are damned 

To me the bulk of the blame has to be on Pace. He has drafted like garbage and this team is now in cap hell. There are too many immovable contracts for bad players. Guys like Massie, Leno, and Burton are basically guaranteed a roster spot next year for a lot of money. What we thought was a solid young core looks terrible now. 

To think this is the list of players Pace drafted in the top 100 picks of the draft: White, Goldman, Grasu, Floyd, Whitehair, Bullard, Trubisky, Shaheen, Smith, Daniels, Miller, and Montgomery. You need starters in those picks, you can miss on one or two, but Pace has missed on at least 6 (White, Grasu, Floyd, Bullard, Trubisky, and Shaheen). That's 50% if you count Smith, Daniels, Miller, and Montgomery, and the jury is still out on them. If you don't count them as it's still too early, that's 2 for 8 (25%). Also consider that the Bears gave away additional picks in the top 100 for Trubisky (67), Miller and Mack (2x 1st rounders and a 3rd rounder) which brings the percentage of picks down to less than 20%. 

The Bears went all-in with Mack and Trubisky last year and lost, and now are going to be feeling the effects of it for the next 3-5 years.