Lions at Bears - Week 10 - Toilet Bowl Official Game Thread (Sun, Nov 10, 12:00 PM CT/FOX/Bears -3, O/U 41.5)

adam

Lions 3-4-1, Bears 3-5, this game will more than likely decide who finishes last in the division. An important factor is next year's schedule. The last place team will get ARZ and WAS, while the 3rd place team will get LAR and NYG, actually a pretty big difference. 

Stafford is supposedly a game-time decision. Johnson is out, however, Golladay and Jones have been on fire. Even Amendola, who would be our #2 WR, is having a solid year. Marvin Hall is now on the Lions, and has 5 catches averaging 40 yards each. This game is going to come down to our secondary and our pass rush.

I think the change with Daniels/Whitehair and the addition of Nall makes just enough difference to get our offense out of the cellar.

With so few winnable games remaining, I think we beat the dome team today in the cold with Montgomery carrying the load.

Bears 20-13

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back from a self-imposed pout filled no-watch ban (have to since I pay big money for Sunday Ticket), I’m curious about this Stafford development.

In his place is Jeff Driskell.  Who the hell is that?  He was drafted in the 6th round by SF in 2016 after playing QB for both Florida AND Louisiana Tech in college.  After being drafted by SF he was eventually released and wandered to Cincinnati until earlier this year, where he found his way as the backup to Stafford.   (His career reads like a ‘how-to’ of being a journeyman).  As an interesting aside, he was also drafted by the Red Sox in 2013, but insisted on staying with football. So will this game be where he has a sudden ‘Gardner Minshew-like’ rise from obscurity and sets Soldier Field on fire with his play?  God I hope not...

On the defensive side you have Trey Flowers up front (who came over to help Patricia’s defensive scheme I’m sure).  Kennard is one OLB we should be concerned about, Christian Jones is not.  Darius Slay is still competent in the backfield so Trubiksy will need to be wary of him.  (Who am I kidding, he needs to be wary of any player wearing white today - and not give them the ball).  

Bears 21-17.  Montgomery 2 TDs and one Defensive TD. 

It sounds like Goldman will play today. I have lost a lot of trust, but suggest 31- 13 win with a D TD today. I dont care if we win 3-0, I just want a win. Then one next week, and Detroit again. If we can find away to get to 5-5, I will be a happy camper. Last year gave us high expectations, but I'll be satisfied with a few wins, then I can get positive again.

Hey Grizz, I downloaded the NFL app on my phone and its lets me watch games that are on NFL network and ESPN that I cant get . I have never checked on a Sunday but maybe you can watch the Bear game on there with no cost. Unfortunately it doesn't work in Thailand, i will be there for all of Dec and Jan. Luckily I found a bar that has every NFL game on it, so I watch them there.

• adam featured this topic
1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

Hey Grizz, I downloaded the NFL app on my phone and its lets me watch games that are on NFL network and ESPN that I cant get . I have never checked on a Sunday but maybe you can watch the Bear game on there with no cost. Unfortunately it doesn't work in Thailand, i will be there for all of Dec and Jan. Luckily I found a bar that has every NFL game on it, so I watch them there.

Yeah I’m a bit of a masochist (but which of is Bears fans isn’t?).  But I’ve been doing the Sunday Ticket for years and like it’s convenience to watch it anywhere.  May have to consider what you suggest especially if the team continues on its path of mediocrity...for years to come.

Ah Thailand.  Years ago a co-worker tried to get me to go ‘fishing’ with him there. The wife declined my request.  

45 minutes ago, killakrzydav said:

. Jeff isn’t much worse than Mitch

Yeah they have very similar play styles...sad and rudimentary.  

Sadder yet the offense will play just well enough to let Trubiksy keep playing throughout the season.

and while I type this, Trubiksy throws high on 3rd down and...third and out with only one down and to go series.  *sigh*

Kwit in for Trevathan and already making plays. Just bull rushed O-Lineman and had a PBU.

Hilarious, defense makes a stop on 3rd Down, DET fakes like they are going for it. Runs punt team onto field while our defense stays there. They kick to no one and down it inside the 5.

1 minute ago, adam said:

Kwit in for Trevathan and already making plays. Just bull rushed O-Lineman and had a PBU.

Hilarious, defense makes a stop on 3rd Down, DET fakes like they are going for it. Runs punt team onto field while our defense stays there. They kick to no one and down it inside the 5.

poor coaching.

The Bears have what feels like their first scoring drive in weeks and go into halftime with a 7-6 lead. Trubisky finally starts to make passes and Braunecker catches a great pass in the end zone for the first TD by a TE this year. 

I don't know why they just run a 2-minute offense all game.

Just now, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I wonder the same thing.  It seems when they ‘hurry up’ the offense does better.  And historically speaking, Trubiksy seems to play a tad better in ‘crunch time’ and under pressure.  

It's really odd because it normally gives them a favorable defense to play against. 

6 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I was going to go work in the yard, now I'm stuck watching the second half. (assholes)

I was right there with you!!! Lol

My saving grace is that the ground is frozen so I can’t do much yard work.  Leaves me to have to do my indoor chores today.    GO BEARS!!! Play good!!!