Lions at Bears - Week 10 - Toilet Bowl Official Game Thread (Sun, Nov 10, 12:00 PM CT/FOX/Bears -3, O/U 41.5)

adam

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's crazy to think the last game the Bears won, Kwit started, and here he is again making plays. 

So the Bears have 3 TDs, one on a short field thanks to Kwit's INT. Trubisky has made some nice throws but just missed ARob on what would've probably been a 70+ TD pass. He overthrew him. 

I guess I can't complain because Trubisky has not really thrown a bad ball where it could've been intercepted. 

A win is a win, but holy hell that was way too close against a bad team. They had the ball in the RZ with a chance to tie/win after our offense and defense had several chances to put the game away.

A lot of things to fix. We will see what the Rams look like against the Steelers at 3:25. 

Just now, BearFan NYC said:

that was a poorly coached stumble into a win.

Nagy managed the end of the game very poorly.

The play call on 3rd and 1? Nagy is coaching scared and it is rubbing off on the players. The only positive is that Mitch went another game without an INT. 

On defense, Kwit seems like the only player that gives a damn. He was all over the place and even making ST tackles.

Yeah all we did here was assure another week of Trubisky.  And Nagy didn’t even have his play card in hand for the last half of the fourth quarter.  So maybe he maxed out his plays and decided to revert to sandlot rules?  WTF?!?  

Defense, once the shiny star of the team is a shell of its former self. Don’t necessarily think Pagano is to blame but the loss of Hicks and lackluster play of Mack is definitely figuring in.  

1 hour ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Yeah all we did here was assure another week of Trubisky.  And Nagy didn’t even have his play card in hand for the last half of the fourth quarter.  So maybe he maxed out his plays and decided to revert to sandlot rules?  WTF?!?  

Defense, once the shiny star of the team is a shell of its former self. Don’t necessarily think Pagano is to blame but the loss of Hicks and lackluster play of Mack is definitely figuring in.  

Taking your Mack comment.  Lackluster.  What are the reasons why his name is not called much.  And he gets 1/3 the screen time, compared to last year, during national coverage.  I don't know his stats but I know they must be down.  Injury, fatigue, fed up, or just schemed and double, tripled teamed out of game plans.  Most likely all of the above.  But I am not seeing the general f-up the play I saw last year.

We are going to see all Mitch all the time till the end of the year.  I hope that's a good thing.  I don't believe he is a NFL top tier QB.  And by that I mean he can lead a team to the playoffs and win.  Not just along for the ride.  The kind of QB that people tune in to watch.  And then use that info to figure how best to go forward as a team.

14 minutes ago, Bill said:

Taking your Mack comment.  Lackluster.  What are the reasons why his name is not called much.  And he gets 1/3 the screen time, compared to last year, during national coverage.  I don't know his stats but I know they must be down.  Injury, fatigue, fed up, or just schemed and double, tripled teamed out of game plans.  Most likely all of the above.  But I am not seeing the general f-up the play I saw last year.

We are going to see all Mitch all the time till the end of the year.  I hope that's a good thing.  I don't believe he is a NFL top tier QB.  And by that I mean he can lead a team to the playoffs and win.  Not just along for the ride.  The kind of QB that people tune in to watch.  And then use that info to figure how best to go forward as a team.

There were at least signs today that Trubisky is feeling at least a little more comfortable in the pocket and seeing the field. Now his big thing is stepping up in the pocket and not taking a sack outside of the pocket, just throw the damn ball into the stands. It almost seems like he doesn't want to hurt his passing stats so he just tucks the ball and takes the sack when there is enough time to just loft it to the sidelines. Does he not understand that once he is out of the tackle box that he can throw it away?

The Bears offense scored 20 points against the 31st ranked defense in the league. They barely escaped with a win at home against a bunch of 2nd string guys and a backup quarterback. 

You will take the win, but this offense is still complete garbage, and the defense continues to under perform. Bears DB's were getting beat all game long, they caught a bunch of breaks late in that game with some drops and bad throws to guys that were open down the field. I thought the score was not indicative of the type of dominant defensive performance we were used to seeing earlier in the year.

Luckily, if there was ever a time to get right, they are get a few games here against some mediocre-to-bad football teams if they want to continue to act like they have a shot at a wildcard spot. I think they will lose to the Rams, but in the rare event that they don't, their next two games after that are against the Giants and Lions again. 

Biggest revelation to me in this game is that I'm now starting to see why folks were so critical of Nagy the last few weeks. I have always given him the benefit of the doubt, because his offensive line is horrible and the quarterback sucks, but I'm starting to think he's a bigger problem than I may have originally thought. I'm seeing a guy hell bent on stubbornness when it comes to running out of the shotgun. The only success the Bears have had on the ground all season has been with a FB in the game as a lead blocker, yet Nagy insists on going right back to running out of the gun immediately after they gain yards under center. It drives me crazy.

Second thing is that there was only ONE play action roll out called the entire game, and it ended up being one of Trubisky's best passing plays. For the life of me, I cannot understand how only one of those gets called. It might be the one thing, outside of using his legs, that Trubisky has shown any kind of decency at as a passer. Why not split the field in half and give him an easier time with his reads? This is the kind of stuff that nobody will remember at the end of the year, because they'll just see how bad Trubisky's numbers are and think everything is his fault. I think he deserves a ton of the blame, but I think a better coach could get more out of him than Nagy if they actually catered the offense towards his strengths and got him to run the ball more.

4 hours ago, adam said:

The play call on 3rd and 1? Nagy is coaching scared and it is rubbing off on the players. The only positive is that Mitch went another game without an INT. 

On defense, Kwit seems like the only player that gives a damn. He was all over the place and even making ST tackles.

yes

33 minutes ago, Bears4Ever_34 said:

Biggest revelation to me in this game is that I'm now starting to see why folks were so critical of Nagy the last few weeks. I have always given him the benefit of the doubt, because his offensive line is horrible and the quarterback sucks, but I'm starting to think he's a bigger problem than I may have originally thought. I'm seeing a guy hell bent on stubbornness when it comes to running out of the shotgun. The only success the Bears have had on the ground all season has been with a FB in the game as a lead blocker, yet Nagy insists on going right back to running out of the gun immediately after they gain yards under center. It drives me crazy.

yes yes yes

Lots of negatives but I will dwell on the positive:  MT played well even thou he was under pressure all the time.

Kwit played well but he probably took over for our best defensive player so far this year.

A-Rob is a stud

O'Donell is a good punter

THATS ALL i GOT