Wide Receiver Group

adam

Just like some of the other position groups (O-Line and TE), I think we need a purge at this position. Keep ARob, but get rid of Gabriel and Miller via trade or just outright cut. Miller seems to have discipline issues, doesn't run the correct routes, is often out of position at the LOS, and seems to generally have a bad attitude. For a 2nd round pick that we traded up for, we should expect more.  What is even worse about the Miller pick (and trade up), we could've selected DJ Chark or Michael Gallup, both were available at #51.

I like Wims and would love to see some Ridley down the stretch to see what we got. 

Gabriel is better suited as a #3 than a #2, and is overpriced for his production. With so many needs in other positions, it looks like he will be gone. We also need to get bigger at WR. Gabriel is no longer taking the top off of defenses and is too undersized to help out elsewhere. 

I would like to see some fresh blood at WR, TE, and OL. I know that is a tall order with the lack of picks and bad contracts, but we need to do something. Staying with this same group will not yield new results.

14 hours ago, adam said:

Just like some of the other position groups (O-Line and TE), I think we need a purge at this position. Keep ARob, but get rid of Gabriel and Miller via trade or just outright cut. Miller seems to have discipline issues, doesn't run the correct routes, is often out of position at the LOS, and seems to generally have a bad attitude. For a 2nd round pick that we traded up for, we should expect more.  What is even worse about the Miller pick (and trade up), we could've selected DJ Chark or Michael Gallup, both were available at #51.

I like Wims and would love to see some Ridley down the stretch to see what we got. 

Gabriel is better suited as a #3 than a #2, and is overpriced for his production. With so many needs in other positions, it looks like he will be gone. We also need to get bigger at WR. Gabriel is no longer taking the top off of defenses and is too undersized to help out elsewhere. 

I would like to see some fresh blood at WR, TE, and OL. I know that is a tall order with the lack of picks and bad contracts, but we need to do something. Staying with this same group will not yield new results.

I'm not opposed.  If we can get something for Miller, I'd do it.  That said, he does have potential.  Gabriel is gone,  I think it's his last year of contract, so I can't imagine keeping him.  

100% in agreement on giving Wims and Ridley more of a chance.  

Not that it matters if he is done but the lack of production and his inability to ‘blow the top’ off of defenses isn’t Gabriel’s fault.  Most times when Mitch has been able to throw it to the right place Gabriel has been able to get there and under it.  But due to the scheme and the inconsistency of Mitch...he hasn’t been used to his potential. 

Miller ?  F*#k him.

And really think there’s something to be excited about seeing Ridley and Wims on the field.  Robinson is an absolute must-keep.  And agree they need another large body WR and would love to see them get someone like Seattle’s Metcalfe they drafted last year.  Guy reminds me of a young Megatron.  

56 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Not that it matters if he is done but the lack of production and his inability to ‘blow the top’ off of defenses isn’t Gabriel’s fault.  Most times when Mitch has been able to throw it to the right place Gabriel has been able to get there and under it.  But due to the scheme and the inconsistency of Mitch...he hasn’t been used to his potential. 

Miller ?  F*#k him.

And really think there’s something to be excited about seeing Ridley and Wims on the field.  Robinson is an absolute must-keep.  And agree they need another large body WR and would love to see them get someone like Seattle’s Metcalfe they drafted last year.  Guy reminds me of a young Megatron.  

So you want them to cut their losses with Miller after a year and a half with 2 years left on his rookie contract? I have no issue benching him a few games to make a point but to simply cut him loose is ridiculous.  

Peace

11 minutes ago, Daventry said:

One of the biggest things that Pace does that irritates me is moving up in the draft and giving up picks.  Think of all of the times, AKA Miller-Trubisky, that we moved up and in hindsight didn't need to.    Quit giving away picks Pace!

I have no problem for him trading up to get a franchise QB he believes in. I actually give him points for making sure he got his guy.

The problem is he targeted the wrong guy.

It's hard to evaluate the skill position players on this offense when you've got a terrible quarterback and a terrible offensive line that makes everybody around them worse.

That said, Gabriel and Miller are two players that could get cut or traded, and I wouldn't care. Miller is never in the right spot, Gabriel shows up once every 8 games, and is generally just a gadget type player with his speed and lack of size.

I also hope they get rid of Cohen. He's the #1 guy I want gone next year at all costs. His elusiveness is a complete waste when the minute he touches the ball, he'll just run right out of bounds. I've never seen a player more obsessed with the sideline in my life. He misses so many open holes to turn up field, and then winds up getting negative yardage running sideways. He also does next to nothing on special teams, because he does the same thing. Get him out of here.

Of the 2, Miller offers some serious up side.  The best of Gabriel has and will be passed his expiration date.  

If we could get something for Cohen, I'd do it.  These coaches don't know what to do with him other than run him into a stacked DL or run him to the sidelines for a 1 inch gain.

On 24/11/2019 at 8:44 PM, BearFan NYC said:

I have no problem for him trading up to get a franchise QB he believes in. I actually give him points for making sure he got his guy.

The problem is he targeted the wrong guy.

He definitely did in that case, but I would argue he did in Miller's case too.  It seems every draft he is moving up and giving up picks or something in return.  Then he reaches on guys like Floyd and Shaheen.