Conspiracy Theory

adam

Ok, I am not in this camp, but I thought it was at least an interesting discussion. I saw this brought up before. Just seeing the effort from the O-Line and then the receivers on the scramble drills (or lack of effort), is it possible that some of these guys are purposely half-assing it to undermine Trubisky? The O-Line (at least everyone except Whitehair who is Mitch's friend) are getting run over to the extent that it's almost purposeful. They can't be this bad. Leno has never played worse. Massie is huge and can't move a guy 50 lbs lighter than him? Daniels who was a promising interior lineman is literally whiffing at dudes a the LOS. 

When have you seen all receivers just standing on the field while their QB is scrambling for his life? The Bears WR's do it almost every play, they all are stationary or jogging towards the LOS with no effort. It just all seems very odd that so many offensive players could be underachieving at the same time. How about the drops. We were one of the best teams last year in terms of drops and magically we forget how to catch the ball? Another odd anomalous stat. 

The other scenario was they were undermining Nagy for his ridiculously inept playcalling.

What do you think? Any chance this is a silent mutiny against Trubisky or Nagy?

I don't think so, but I have seen crazier things in sports.

10 hours ago, BearFan NYC said:

I think youre just looking at a very poorly coached team that has given up on caring.

I second this.  The last number of weeks I’ve been watching Mack and it seems pretty apparent he’s cashing in the rest of the season. I would imagine he’s representing most of the other defenders in their frustration due to having to be on the field as long as they have and get nothing from the offense.  His production can’t be that affected by not having Hicks on the field.  

I'll vote for poorly coached team.  In hindsight it was odd last year that Witzman showed up in the middle of the season and played ok for us.  It'd be nice to see that level of play from our interior Oline.  It makes me wonder if Harry is not getting along with what Nagy wants.  I was never the biggest Hiestand fan and was happy when he previously left the team but was won over by all the positive opinions when he returned.  For whatever reason, something isn't working right between the Oline and the play calls.  I'm too ignorant of Oline play but I suspect we are tipping off plays either by formation/personnel or Oline players stance/splits.  Too often the Dlines seem to know where to go on running downs.  Or we're just that inept we can't block anyone. I've seen that on some plays too.      

Well for one thing, the OL is being asked to do a lot of pulling and trapping in the run game. Very seldom are they being asked to just take the guy in front of them.

Teams have figured it out, and defensive linemen are just filling the hole, but not getting caught in the traps. When that happens, when the element of surprise doesnt work, it puts the OL in a bad position where they have to turn and block, and so a supposed advantage turns into a disadvantage.

That said, I have seen SO many instances of our OL being on the wrong side of a block, and failing to handle their man. It's pretty much every play.

The players, coaching and scheme all suck around the OL. Fire Hiestand, and replace at least three of the players.

And get a new head coach LOL