It's Funny How a Season Goes...

Mongo3451

It was strange to see Dak look as uncomfortable as he did.  Dallas D was tight and unsure.  Choking kicker, etc.

That's a mirror image of what we looked like 5 weeks ago.

Now we are hot and have 3 extra days to heal and get ready for the Cheese Heads.  I'll bet Vegas is not handing out those ridiculous odds for the Bears to run the table anymore.  If we get in as a wildcard teams will NOT want to face us.  

Welcome back Mr Hicks!

It's such a grind, not only every season, but every game.   One teams starts out on a tear and then everything changes during three plus hours of back and forth.  And thru the whole season.  Add players who's name I was not used to showing up big.  I'm at a loss for how to digest this season.  Such high hopes then feeling like we're scratching the bottom of the barrel.  Now they are starting to look like a real football team again.  Do I get excited like I did at the start of the season or just view the last games, notice how I did not say how many.  LOL. Or just view the rest of the season like I would any other teams games.

I've lost the joy I had for this team when the season started.  Now I have to wait till next year to get my hopes up again.      

On 12/6/2019 at 8:29 AM, Mongo3451 said:

It was strange to see Dak look as uncomfortable as he did.  Dallas D was tight and unsure.  Choking kicker, etc.

That's a mirror image of what we looked like 5 weeks ago.

Now we are hot and have 3 extra days to heal and get ready for the Cheese Heads.  I'll bet Vegas is not handing out those ridiculous odds for the Bears to run the table anymore.  If we get in as a wildcard teams will NOT want to face us.  

Welcome back Mr Hicks!

Right now, the early line has the Packers favored by 7.5. I assume it will fall to 6 as the money pours in on the Bears. Based on something like DVOA, technically DAL is a tougher opponent than GB will be. For DVOA, DAL had the 2nd best offense and 20th defense, GB comes in at 7th and 22nd respectively.

Also, Rodgers has been struggling of late:
last 4 games passing yards: 243, 104, 233, 161
last 4 games comp%: 63.6%, 60.6%, 58.6%, 65.7%

The difference for the Packers is their offense. That unit determines the outcome of the game. So it's going to be up to our defense to stop the Packers like some of the other teams have done in recent weeks. For their defense, they have held 2 opponents to less than 300 yards total offense, 299 to the Lions, and 254 to the Bears in Week 1. So with our offense clicking a little better now, we should be able to put some points up on the board.

Weather is going to be a factor next weekend, which makes it a crapshoot. Right now it looks like high 20's to low 30's with winds between 5-10mph, and 1-3 inches of snow expected.

As crazy as it sounds, the Bears match up closer to the 49ers in style of play.  I wouldn’t say their execution is the same, just style.  Both have similar offenses and execute their defenses similarly; although SF runs a ‘wide 9’ style defense (a derivative of a 4-3).  In this case their talent level matches up more than structure. 

We saw what SF did to the Packers a few weeks ago. There’s no reason if they Bears play like they did against Dallas they couldn’t win again. 

On 12/7/2019 at 11:16 AM, AZ54 said:

The Bears won 3 games in 11 days.   First, that is always a difficult challenge (see Dallas who didn't travel on T-day).  In that short time a lot has changed.   

You also have to consider the screwball scheduling, back to back Thursday games? Also, the Thanksgiving one was the early morning game, which made it an incredibly short turn around. Division opponents are always tough to play.