Wims Injury Not Serious

AZ54

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/bears-javon-wims-injury-not-major/

Wims only suffered a slight knee sprain in Thursday's win over the Cowboys, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.

Wims' injury isn't deemed to be major. However, a recovery timeline has yet to be announced. Having played on Thursday, the 25-year-old has the benefit of a few extra days to heal before the Bears take on Green Bay in Week 15.

-----------------

I wouldn't be surprised to see him play against GB given the extra days of rest.  

3 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

FWIW Ridley looked ‘good’ in limited play.  Caught the one pass thrown to him.  

But I’m sure glad to know Wims wasn’t hurt too bad.   He’s an important piece going forward.

I kinda hope Gabriel takes a back seat.  Wims and Ridley need to be the future.  

3 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

I kinda hope Gabriel takes a back seat.  Wims and Ridley need to be the future.  

We really need someone with some speed among the WR corps.  Gabriel has serious concussion issues but we should expect to see someone fast added this offseason.  

Relief that it wasn't more serious, it looked bad at the time and he was definitely in a lot of pain.  I found it irritating though that he's laying on the ground in pain and two cowboy players were doing a celebration in the end zone.  But then again why expect any thing classy from that organization.

On 12/8/2019 at 7:50 PM, AZ54 said:

We really need someone with some speed among the WR corps.  Gabriel has serious concussion issues but we should expect to see someone fast added this offseason.  

That would be a nice addition.  Too bad Patterson could not be that piece.  Gabriel has/had the speed but his height dampers that advantage.  I thought about adding WR as a draft need, but the team is limited with bigger issues. I would almost put a #2 RB ahead of WR since they cut Davis. I still like Nall, but they seem to avoid the kid.     

4 hours ago, adam said:

A TE that can exploit the seams is our biggest need on offense. Once that has to be defended, other things will open up. Burtheen has been an absolute disaster and their lack of production really hurt the entire offense. 

I'm in agreement here, TE is one of the top priorities.   Small fast WRs are found on day 3 in the draft every year.  

I also agree with Ashkum that a legit #2 RB is a higher need than the WR.  Cohen is not an RB2, he's an RB3.   I'd like to see more of Nall as a runner but it doesn't appear we'll see that, and Holtz has taken over the role (FB/H-back) I used to think Nall could fill.  That's an indication Nall isn't a fit there.  We can find a good RB2 on day 3 too.