Week 17 Bears at Vikings (Put us out of our Misery Bowl), 12:00PM, FOX, Bears -3, O/U 36

adam

24 minutes ago, adam said:

This is setting up perfectly for a missed Pineiro kick to lose the game.

The Vikings now lead 19-18 with 5 minutes left. Can Trubisky lead a game winning drive? Will Pineiro win it?

A 4 and out is the most likely outcome.

Eddie made it pal. I'm with him for next year. He went through the wringer and won this game with his kick. Not a problem for me in the off season. Edie's made it.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ChileBear said:

Eddie made it pal. I'm with him for next year. He went through the wringer and won this game with his kick. Not a problem for me in the off season. Edie's made it.

Yes, thankfully he nailed it. A good way to end the season, a Trubisky pass to get into FG range on 4th down, a Pineiro GW FG and a Eddie Jackson INT to end the game.

There were actually some things in this game I loved.  Nagy played to win with his starters.  In doing so, he sends a clear message or two.  One: as bad as you sucked this year, you are going to grind this one out and show me some heart.  Two: who wants to be on this damn team next year?  I also loved the way our OL pushed Monty into the end zone.  It's the first time I've seen this effort all year.  As bad as the OL has played all year, it lets them know they can get it done with a little heart.  Trubisky had the have in his hands and made a huge 4th down play.(Build that confidence)  Lastly, we end the season on a game winning FG.  Ugly, ugly game with some things to build on.

Yes there were some good things to see in the game, but most of those positives had to be taken with a grain of salt.  First, and this can’t be emphasized enough our starting team played their scout team; on both offense and defense.  The score for the first half and part of the 3rd quarter reflected that although the play did not.  

I missed most of the fourth quarter but from the looks of things, our team very nearly gave up a 15(?) point lead to that same second string team.  And the only way our team wins is due to some last minute heroics or was it their mistakes?  

Lots of things need fixing for next year.  Anyone and everyone who returns next year will be on a VERY short leash.  I’m looking at you Nagy, Pace and Trubisky.  

51 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

There were actually some things in this game I loved.  Nagy played to win with his starters.  In doing so, he sends a clear message or two.  One: as bad as you sucked this year, you are going to grind this one out and show me some heart.  Two: who wants to be on this damn team next year?  I also loved the way our OL pushed Monty into the end zone.  It's the first time I've seen this effort all year.  As bad as the OL has played all year, it lets them know they can get it done with a little heart.  Trubisky had the have in his hands and made a huge 4th down play.(Build that confidence)  Lastly, we end the season on a game winning FG.  Ugly, ugly game with some things to build on.

A win is a win, but man, the game should not have been this close against backups. If MIN plays their starters, we get beat by 30.

41 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Yes there were some good things to see in the game, but most of those positives had to be taken with a grain of salt.  First, and this can’t be emphasized enough our starting team played their scout team; on both offense and defense.  The score for the first half and part of the 3rd quarter reflected that although the play did not.  

I missed most of the fourth quarter but from the looks of things, our team very nearly gave up a 15(?) point lead to that same second string team.  And the only way our team wins is due to some last minute heroics or was it their mistakes?  

Lots of things need fixing for next year.  Anyone and everyone who returns next year will be on a VERY short leash.  I’m looking at you Nagy, Pace and Trubisky.  

The team reverted to their 2019 style, 3 and outs and strip sack on offense, and the defense letting up multiple scoring drives. It should not have come to a late game win, but Trubisky did convert a 4th and 9 to a rookie WR. So that was impressive. Montgomery kept grinding. Pineiro hit a kick. They shouldn't have been in that position, but when they were, they converted.

3 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

The Bears were without 2 of their starting defensive linemen (Hicks and Goldman) and their 2 starting middle linebackers (Smith and Danny T). On offense, they were playing their 3rd string right guard, 2nd string right tackle, 4th/5th and 6th TE and their 2nd WR was 4th string (with Gabriel out and Miller going out early in the game).  

Peace

14 hours ago, Connorbear said:

The Bears were without 2 of their starting defensive linemen (Hicks and Goldman) and their 2 starting middle linebackers (Smith and Danny T). On offense, they were playing their 3rd string right guard, 2nd string right tackle, 4th/5th and 6th TE and their 2nd WR was 4th string (with Gabriel out and Miller going out early in the game).  

Peace

Connor,

Good point, if you look at it that way, out 13 starters and 9 backups should've beat their 22 backups. I assume most of our vets were just trying to not get injured.