Week 17 Bears at Vikings (Put us out of our Misery Bowl), 12:00PM, FOX, Bears -3, O/U 36

adam

7 minutes ago, adam said:

So Miller is back returning kickoffs and gets injured on the return

They said something about Patterson being in concussion protocol.  Ugh... 

But surely there are some other players that could do those KR duties.  Something tells me we’ll see who that is soon.  

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, adam said:

Yeah, he is a keeper. Him with Roquan would be great duo inside. They both can cover a lot of ground.

Saw someone (on another Bears fan site) question if KPL shouldn’t be looked at as an OLB?  I’d have to say that might not be a bad thought, with the aforementioned bust that is Floyd possibly on the way out, why not?  Being a former Safety, KPL undoubtably has the lateral pass coverage ability sometimes asked of OLBs to do.  

I’d think with a starting LB crew of Mack, Smith, Kwit(or Trevathan) and KPL we’d be pretty good in the middle.  

5 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Saw someone (on another Bears fan site) question if KPL shouldn’t be looked at as an OLB?  I’d have to say that might not be a bad thought, with the aforementioned bust that is Floyd possibly on the way out, why not?  Being a former Safety, KPL undoubtably has the lateral pass coverage ability sometimes asked of OLBs to do.  

I’d think with a starting LB crew of Mack, Smith, Kwit(or Trevathan) and KPL we’d be pretty good in the middle.  

I really like that idea. He is fast and violent with cover skills. I would love to have Kwit and KPL back.

Holy crap a TD scoring drive. They run the ball down the Vikings throats, with only one pass, and Montgomery finishes it off with a crazy 14-yard TD run where he carried 4 defenders with him for 5 yards into the end zone.

This needs to be the team's identity on offense, smashmouth football that sets up the play action pass game. Montgomery was dominant on this drive and the O-Line did great giving him some room and time to get to the 2nd level. 

8 minutes ago, adam said:

In other news, the Lions are up 17-3 against the Packers at the half. If Packers lose, the Saints, who are killing the Panthers would take the #2 seed and get a bye. That would setup a MIN (6) at GB (3) Wild Card Round matchup. 

I’m looking forward to welcoming my GB friends to the off-season.  If not next week probably the week after that .

Just now, Alaskan Grizzly said:

One thing for sure is Pinerio is getting a lot of practice in.  After a shaky start to the season he’s come along nicely.  

Yeah, he almost missed one, but a make is a make, so I would be critical. It's nice to have short FG's and XP's be automatic again.

I’m looking forward to welcoming my GB friends to the off-season.  If not next week probably the week after that .

I don't know what happened to GB but they look terrible and have not looked good in weeks. They just beat MIN last week, so they will have the edge against them. It depends on which Cousins shows up.

More like HE was carried into the end zone by his OLmen.  And you said they couldn’t block...lol

I will give them credit, they are looking much better with the run plays being called. Some adjustments have been made because Montgomery wasn't getting hit behind the LOS. Once he gets through the hole, he gets 7-10 yards every time. He is fun to watch. The O-Line was mauling. I would like to see that the rest of the game. 

3 minutes ago, adam said:

So our defense turns into a pumpkin and let's backup scrubs run all over us and score a TD. How embarrassing. What a joke. People need to be fired today. Whoever it is, changes need to be made with this team. 

Given the circumstances, the QB sneak on 4th down was the right thing to do until it wasn’t.  The set up was lackadaisical and generally lazy looking.  To me that is a coaching issue. The resulting TD from the Vikings was a gimme from Nagy.  Defense has decided they’ve had enough and are checking out. 

Of course had the team been playing for anything next week, there’s no way they would have gone for it.   

Given the circumstances, the QB sneak on 4th down was the right thing to do until it wasn’t.  The set up was lackadaisical and generally lazy looking.  To me that is a coaching issue. 

Of course had the team been playing for anything next week, there’s no way they would have gone for it.   

Right call, bad execution for sure.