Mitch Trubisky Poll

adam

Mitch Trubisky Poll  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What will the Bears do with Mitch Trubisky & the QB situation?

• ALL-IN thru 2021 Option - Starting QB, accepts 5th-Year Option, bring in true backup
    • ALL-IN Option - Starting QB, extend him to long term deal, bring in true backup
    • 1/2-IN Option - Accept 5th year option but also bring in real competition (Dalton, Keenum, etc)
    • 1/4-IN Option - Decline 5th year option and bring in real competition (Dalton, Keenum, etc)
    • 1/8-IN Option - Decline 5th year option, bring in QB1 to supplant Trubisky, he becomes QB2 for only 2020
    • ALL-OUT Option - Decline 5th year option, bring in QB, trade/cut Trubisky

• adam featured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Would you believe that Patrick Mahomes could not read defenses until halfway through this past season.  Just saying eventually it happens and hoping Mitch is not too far back on the curve.  

Halfway thru "last" season means 2018, not 2019. So 8 games into his first full season at QB. Trubisky has 41 games and can't read defenses. Even if you take into account college starts, Trubisky is already past that point. 

1 hour ago, adam said:

Halfway thru "last" season means 2018, not 2019. So 8 games into his first full season at QB. Trubisky has 41 games and can't read defenses. Even if you take into account college starts, Trubisky is already past that point. 

Once a season is over, it becomes last season.

2 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Once a season is over, it becomes last season.

He also said this: 

"This year I could actually recognize more and more stuff. The more experience and the more I learn then I'll be able to go out there and call plays and do all that different stuff because I've seen it," he said.

If you actually watch the video, he talks about this year and last year. To me it's clear that he is referring to 2018 when he is talking about last year.

Now that still gives Trubisky some time if you consider him behind Mahomes from the start. However, how long does that take? Mahomes also said he only started playing QB in Junior year of H.S., so technically Trubisky has been playing the position longer. I hope he figures it out, but rarely has a highly touted rookie figure it out so late in his career. 

For some reason I cannot vote but among the options I choose C.  However, I'm not opposed to going all in on Trubisky this year and signing some low rent backup QB.  If he fails then it only helps us find a QB next year.  Signing Keenum or Dalton doesn't really give us a bright future...unless you truly believe one of them could win the Superbowl with our defense.  I don't think that can happen unless the D hits elite '85 Bears level.     

The "legit" backup QB seems like a lot money tossed into a pot hoping it saves Pace's job because that QB is likely good enough to get us into the playoffs with our defense.  From there he'd be hoping to do the KC thing when they drafted Mahomes and trade up from pick #25ish for the next QB around pick #10 sometime in the next two seasons.   

On 3/6/2020 at 8:56 PM, AZ54 said:

For some reason I cannot vote but among the options I choose C.  However, I'm not opposed to going all in on Trubisky this year and signing some low rent backup QB.  If he fails then it only helps us find a QB next year.  Signing Keenum or Dalton doesn't really give us a bright future...unless you truly believe one of them could win the Superbowl with our defense.  I don't think that can happen unless the D hits elite '85 Bears level.

I agree. You cant reliably find franchise QBs without high draft picks. We dont really have the chips to make that happen this year.

I think that for all practical purposes, Mitch and Nagy get another year to make it work, or not.

I would be shocked if Pace is allowed to AND chooses to trade next year's first rounder, so it is what it is. Not saying he should either, just saying he doesnt have big ammo to go find the next big QB.

We may well sign a mid tier backup to challenge Trubisky, and he might even play well. But the odds are that the only QB that can take us to the promised land this year is Mitch, and that'd have to be the surprising upside of Mitch. It IS possible, and I'd LOVE to see it.

But more likely we will be rebuilding the staff and looking at a QB this time next year.

They'll be playing with their backs against the wall this year thats for sure, and they will be easy to root for. We should see a lot of hustle.

We have no choice but to go all in on MT and get  competition at QB.  My first choice would be Mariota, so if MT bombs , we can maybe revive Mariota for the rest of the year. If not him Keenum or Sudeth as a backup.  If it all fails may be dealing with a GM and draft a QB next year. 

10 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

We have no choice but to go all in on MT and get  competition at QB.  My first choice would be Mariota, so if MT bombs , we can maybe revive Mariota for the rest of the year. If not him Keenum or Sudeth as a backup.  If it all fails may be dealing with a GM and draft a QB next year. 

agree 100%

12 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Ditto also.  But I would prefer Dalton if you can get him for a very low draft pick 6-7 or none at all.  Even with his higher cost.

18 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Maybe you missed it but Mariota and Trubisky are not nearly identical in their career trajectories but they also have the same agent.  Many 'in the biz' seem to think that works contrary to what agents do; maintaining a 'starting contract' for one QB (Trubisky) while representing another QB to be a back-up (Mariota).  Then there's the whole Mariota was replaced by the not so great Ryan Tannehill thing.  But don't get me wrong, I like Mariota...at this point I'm not sure how he'd be a better option that Trubisky.

And you keep typing 'Sudeth' but I think you mean 'Sudfeld' who is the THIRD STRING QB for Philadelphia.  Not sure how you endorse a guy you can't get his name right AND who can't even find a starting job somewhere else and lost out to Josh McCown last year as a back-up for the Eagles?  If you're going to go after a third string QB 'in that system' why not just bring back Tyler Bray?  

Thank you for being so smart that you actually figured out what QB I was talking about as I misspelled his name. Sudfeld ( thanks to you  I corrected my phones autocorrect) is a developing prospect and not ready to assume any starting roll yet. You did notice I was bringing in 2 QBs with my proposal not just Sudfeld.  He has more upside than Bray.  Bray has to be resigned back to the roster so why not go with someone that some suggest may be able to start in the future. If MT fails at least Mariota has the pedigree to be better so it's just a matter of throwing 2 darts at the board.