Rd 2 WR Brandon Aiyuk

AZ54

I have two Rd 2 WRs I like:  Jalen Reagor and now adding Brandon Aiyuk to my list.  Both are very similar body types and similar athletes with speed to go the distance any time.  More importantly both are good receivers.  Either would really help open up our passing game.  

37 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

Just ran 4.51.  He's actually a long 5'11.

That's not his game speed.  We all heard that same thing when it was Terrell Suggs (sticking with the ASU theme here) in the draft.  Some players are just better in the game versus a track situation.  However, this is good enough for me because it will help him drop to us.  

34 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

That's not his game speed.  We all heard that same thing when it was Terrell Suggs (sticking with the ASU theme here) in the draft.  Some players are just better in the game versus a track situation.  However, this is good enough for me because it will help him drop to us.  

Daniel Jeremiah has him gone at 20

2 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Reagor ran a 4.47 and 4.5.

...and again on the broadcast they talked about his ability to play faster than he timed.  They also suspected these guys who are a bit smaller might have tried to bulk up a bit for the combine after hearing they needed to be bigger.  Tacking on a bit of new muscle can take away a bit of your quickness.  These days we have computers and any team with the right software can figure out how fast these guys are running on film on some of those breakaway runs.  

29 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Chase  Claypool WR/TE ND ran a 4.43. 

No doubt we could just draft him and figure out where he fits best either at U TE or as WR.  I'd love to build him into our future replacement for Burton.  It's a project but one that could reap huge rewards.  Teams who don't have Roquan Smith will have to cover him with a DB. 

Worst case, or even in the interim before he understands the U TE position, he becomes the WR people thought Wims was going to be (opposite ARob) but he can stretch the field.  Trubisky has already proven he can throw the jump ball well to ARob so forget about accuracy just aim high to him or Claypool down the sideline.  Redzone options?   Just throw toward the shorter CB.