4 picks in Top 100

AZ54

Looking at this revised big board by Matt Miller I would gladly trade back both of our 2nd Rd picks or one to get 4 picks in top 100.  I could be very happy with various combinations of players available between 50 and 100.  Say Cleveland wants to get another early 2nd Rd pick at 43 (470pts) and gives us both of their 3rd Rd picks (220/140pts) plus their 4th Rd pick (70pts).    We then have 50, 74, 90, and 112 plus our own 4th Rd pick at 144.  

Then HOU trades with us for 50 giving us 58 and 101.  It's a bit in our favor but if they don't give 101 they could give 108.  

Now we have 58, 74, 90, 101, 112, 144 and further down we still have 163, 196, 200, 233.   From there rather than bringing in 10 rookies Pace can start trading back up to grab the players he wants.  He can give up 1,2, or 3 late picks to get back into the top 100 depending how far he wants to move up.    If we stayed at these picks I would draft: 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2877898-2020-nfl-draft-big-board-matt-millers-top-players-at-start-of-scouting-combine#slide1

58:  Julian Okwara  OLB

74:  Denzel Mims WR  (assume he drops a bit due to WR saturation...teams have already drafted for that position)

90:  Lloyd Cushenberry IOL

101:  Chase Claypool TE  (I'm still putting him at the U position to replace Burton)

112:  AJ Dillon RB  (at 245lbs runs a 4.53 with a 41" vert)   switched to Draftek for board rankings here.  

38 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

When I look at big boards Matt Miller, GBNDR and draft countdown are my favorite sites to use. I absolutely would trade for extra picks. 

Okwara OLB 

Trautman TE

Ezra Cleveland ( lower than top 100) OT

Devin Devinary WR

Matt Hennessy IOL

There are a lot of good options almost anyway the board falls.  

You can pretty much get the same value at 25 as you can at 50. The Bears swapped 19 with 43. The value is much closer than the draft trade value chart. 

I am all for trading back on both picks as long as you can get some good value and you have multiple guys still on your big board valued at the later pick. 

I think most times trading back is a good thing. The exceptions are when you have a loaded roster and youre looking for that one or two guys who can take you over the top OR if youre drafting a QB or a pass rusher and you have your eye on someone special in the first round.

But the Bears this year, and most teams most years are in a position where trading down is probably a good thing.

But that's the problem. To trade down you need a partner who's looking to trade up. And that's rarer, so you end up losing value in the trade to make it work, and then you arent really ahead.

If Pace can find a good trade down deal, then Im with you guys - he should take it.

But lately I've been playing with the draft site games without doing any trades, and boy, is our cupboard bare this year. I haven't been terribly critical of Pace so far, and I will wait to see this year's roster before I make judgements. He's made a risky play, and if he has a plan that works, more power to him.

But I can see from here in early March, that there is a good possibility that I will think Pace really whiffed.

I would like nothing more than for Pace and Nagy to make me eat my words.

?
12 minutes ago, BearFan NYC said:

But that's the problem. To trade down you need a partner who's looking to trade up. And that's rarer, so you end up losing value in the trade to make it work, and then you arent really ahead.

From the wiki page of the 2019 draft, there were 12 picks in the 1st round that changed hands, 19 in the 2nd, 19 in the 3rd, and 23 in the 4th. So of the first 138 picks, 73 changed (more than half) from their original team. So teams are definitely looking to both move up and down the draft board. I don't think that will be a problem. My belief is some of the compensation may come in a later draft. Like a team giving up it's current 2nd and a future 3rd and a current 4th for one of our 2nd's. That way that team isn't giving up all it's draft capital this year for one player. 

43 minutes ago, adam said:

26 picks changed hands between Pick 17 and Pick 56 last year. So only 13 stayed with their original teams (1/3).  So odds are we will be able to trade down with at least one of our picks, which is exciting. 

good info! thanks for that!

I am going to use Miller's list and with the 43 rd pick list who I would be cool with. Being the possibility a player could drop I will pick from 33 to 53.  Not in any order. 

33- julian  Okwara / edge 

37- Zack Baun / Edge

41- Tyler Biadasz/ IOL

42- Austin Jackson/ OT

With the 50th pick 43-up

45- jordon Love/ QB

48- Brycen Hopkins / TE

50- Josh Jones/ OT

62 John Simpson/IOL

63- Matt Hennessy/IOL

70- Bradlee Anae/ edge 

I hope we get the chance to trade back with one or both and get 2 extra kicks which the post suggests.  Basically with our first 2 picks I want a OL addition preferably at Tackle and an edge Rusher.  If we get a couple extra picks there is some intriguing WRs and TEs. So these are names I would have no problem with with our first 2 picks. 

Based on Miller's big board, I would be all for trading back into the mid-50's-60's and picking up some extra picks. Trade back from 43 to mid-50's, then select one of:

KJ Hamler, WR, Penn State

A.J. Terrell, CB, Clemson

Hunter Bryant, TE, Washington

Then trade back from 50 into mid-60's and select one of:

Matt Hennessy, IOL, Temple

Jabari Zuniga, EDGE, Florida

Ben Bredeson, IOL, Michigan

That could potentially give you two late 3rd Rounders between 90-100, where you could select two of the following:

87. Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame

88. Devin Duvernay, WR, Texas

89. Ke'Shawn Vaughn, RB, Vanderbilt

90. Brandon Jones, S, Texas

91. Troy Dye, LB, Oregon

92. Evan Weaver, LB, California

93. Darrell Taylor, EDGE, Tennessee

94. Markus Bailey, LB, Purdue

95. Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn

96. Juwan Johnson, WR, Oregon

97. Zack Moss, RB, Utah

98. Ross Blacklock, IDL, TCU

99. Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville

100. Shane Lemieux, IOL, Oregon

Which 4 would you pick?

In this scenario, I might actually go Hamler, Hennessy, Claypool (for TE), and Jones. We address interior OL, speedy WR, TE, and Safety. The only thing not addressed would be Edge and CB. 

2 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Wherever you got that list, burn it.  When I see Becton at 99, I knew it was way outdated.  He's going top 15..

Good catch, wrong link. Old list.

Here is his 56-75.

56. Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU

57. Stanford Samuels III, CB, Florida State

58. Cameron Dantzler, CB, Mississippi State

59. Jordyn Brooks, LB, Texas Tech

60. Josh Uche, EDGE, Michigan

61. Raekwon Davis, IDL, Alabama

62. Jordan Elliott, IDL, Missouri

63. Neville Gallimore, IDL, Oklahoma

64. Justin Madubuike, IDL, Texas A&M

65. Julian Okwara, EDGE, Notre Dame