Need for speed

Stinger226

I think a speedy WR will be on Paces wish list. Many are in the draft,  Ruggs, Mims, Hamler, Reagor, and Duvernsy. I think we'll draft one.  There is also some options in free agency also.

Travis Austin

Marcus Johnson 

Breshad Perriman 

Paul Richardson 

None of these would be expensive additions. 

3 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I think a speedy WR will be on Paces wish list. Many are in the draft,  Ruggs, Mims, Hamler, Reagor, and Duvernsy. I think we'll draft one.  There is also some options in free agency also.

Travis Austin

Marcus Johnson 

Breshad Perriman 

Paul Richardson 

None of these would be expensive additions. 

With this draft I'm not interested in spending much on a FA plus nobody is really appealing.  Travis Austin is too old and never had decent long speed, his game relied on his short area quickness.  Perriman never could run routes well. 

Paul Richardson has had a lot of injuries lately making him a big risk.  He's available now since he was released and still teams aren't knocking down the door to sign him.  I'm sure part of that has to do with the deep WR class.

Marcus Johnson...why would the Colts with $86mil of cap space let even a moderately good WR leave when they need to entice a good FA QB to join their roster?  His best year includes 17 receptions.  

I still think if we don't fix the O-Line, a speedy WR will never get a chance to be used properly. Technically, they could just throw Patterson out there wide and run either a fly or post route.

If they do anything here, it will be a late round pick on a fast WR.

3 minutes ago, adam said:

Technically, they could just throw Patterson out there wide and run either a fly or post route.

I don't understand why they don't.  Is it his hands?  They can fix route running by simply limiting him to 5 routes.  He would also be a beast of a run blocker.

1 minute ago, Mongo3451 said:

I don't understand why they don't.  Is it his hands?  They can fix route running by simply limiting him to 5 routes.  He would also be a beast of a run blocker.

I am sure it's his hands of stone. However, you would think with his top gear that they would do it from time to time just to keep the safeties honest.

• 1 month later...

Advanced analytics clocked Jalen Reagor at 22.6mph.  Cordarrelle Patterson clocked the fastest speed in the NFL in since 2016 when he ran 22.2mph.  

https://twitter.com/RecruitAlytics1/status/1228767700245151744?s=20

https://www.radio.com/sports/nfl/bears-cordarrelle-patterson-clocks-fastest-speed-since-2016

"On his 46-yard rush against the Denver Broncos, Patterson reached 22.23 miles per hour, the fastest speed by a ball carrier in the NFL since a 45-yard touchdown reception by wide receiver Brandin Cooks Week 15 while playing for the Saints in 2016. Cooks reached 22.4 miles per hour."

For further comparison from the same article:  

"No surprise, Chiefs receiver Tyreek Hill recorded the two fastest speeds in the Next Gen Stats era, both on kickoff returns in 2016. The man nicknamed ‘Cheetah’ reached 22.77 miles per hour Week 12 on an 87-yard return for a touchdown. Earlier in the season, he recorded the fastest speed ever measured by NextGenStats, 23.24 miles per hour Week 2, on a routine 27-yard return."

Speed help.

RBs. From what I have read about

Antonio Gibson: good size / RB/ WR 4.39

Anthony McFarland : good size - productive 4.44

Ray Calais: 5'8" 188. Explosive RBBC type 4.42

Darrynton Evans: good skills 5'10" 203 4.41

Johnathan Taylor: 4.39 complete RB 4.39

TEs. Alberto Okwuegbunam; good size 4.49

Chase Claypool: 4.42- good size - decent blocker ( I listed him here because I think this is the position some teams will use him as)

Brycen Hopkins bad blocker- good receiver 4.66

WRS. 

Brandon Aiyuk: plays faster than 40 time on film 4.5

Tyrie Cleveland: size and speed 4.46

Isaiah Coulter: 4:45 size and speed - raw

Devin Duvenary: 4 39 decent size playmaker 

John Hightower: 4.43  size - raw but quick

Stephen Guirdy: good size 4.47

Darrell Mooney  4.38 decent size quick

Quiz Watkins 4.35 decent size playmaker 

Freddie Swain: 4.46 decent size low productive in college 

Jason Reagor, Mims and Hamler all have good speed  , Hamler is small,  Reagor is a playmaker and Mims has everything going for him.

Probably picked before us. 

MY IDEAL DRAFT:  Trading back and having 4 top110 picks getting a safety Chinns- Duggar or Davis 

Devin Duvenary WR

Chase Claypool/ TE

Antonio Gibson RB

They all fall around picks 70 to 110 in most drafts I see.

That's some serious speed. 

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

Speed help.

RBs. From what I have read about

Antonio Gibson: good size / RB/ WR 4.39

Anthony McFarland : good size - productive 4.44

Ray Calais: 5'8" 188. Explosive RBBC type 4.42

Darrynton Evans: good skills 5'10" 203 4.41

Johnathan Taylor: 4.39 complete RB 4.39

TEs. Alberto Okwuegbunam; good size 4.49

Chase Claypool: 4.42- good size - decent blocker ( I listed him here because I think this is the position some teams will use him as)

Brycen Hopkins bad blocker- good receiver 4.66

WRS. 

Brandon Aiyuk: plays faster than 40 time on film 4.5

Tyrie Cleveland: size and speed 4.46

Isaiah Coulter: 4:45 size and speed - raw

Devin Duvenary: 4 39 decent size playmaker 

John Hightower: 4.43  size - raw but quick

Stephen Guirdy: good size 4.47

Darrell Mooney  4.38 decent size quick

Quiz Watkins 4.35 decent size playmaker 

Freddie Swain: 4.46 decent size low productive in college 

Jason Reagor, Mims and Hamler all have good speed  , Hamler is small,  Reagor is a playmaker and Mims has everything going for him.

Probably picked before us. 

MY IDEAL DRAFT:  Trading back and having 4 top110 picks getting a safety Chinns- Duggar or Davis 

Devin Duvenary WR

Chase Claypool/ TE

Antonio Gibson RB

They all fall around picks 70 to 110 in most drafts I see.

That's some serious speed. 

Next week at this time, I hope we have some early Saturday action...meaning we have made some trades.  I would be good hitting on 2 speed guys early, a SS and one lineman if we have 4 top 110. Then on to the 2021 draft LOL and having all 7 rounds to dream about.

4 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Next week at this time, I hope we have some early Saturday action...meaning we have made some trades.  I would be good hitting on 2 speed guys early, a SS and one lineman if we have 4 top 110. Then on to the 2021 draft LOL and having all 7 rounds to dream about.

Or going all in on QB in Rd 1 again.  

1 hour ago, AZ54 said:

Or going all in on QB in Rd 1 again.  

I know your kidding but hell yea.  Lets trade both our 2nds this year and our 1st and 2nd next year for Tua and watch him break like a china doll in the first month of the season.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I know your kidding but hell yea.  Lets trade both our 2nds this year and our 1st and 2nd next year for Tua and watch him break like a china doll in the first month of the season.

... that was for next year's draft.