Bears SIgn Chiefs Safety Jordan Lucas

BearFan PHX

From what I've read he's a career backup S, and a decent one at that but also good on special teams.  I'd say we have our depth at Safety now with Bush and Lucas but we need a starting partner for BoJack.  I'd love to see Vonn Bell on this defense but I don't see anyway we can afford him.   He's another player in the mold of Trevathan not real flashy but smart and in the right position to do his job.    

I think the possibility exists we bring in clayton Geathers. he played for Pagano and has been a plus type player.  Not sure why colts haven't brought him back yet but the coach connection may get him in the door.  As soon as some of these players realize that their not getting big money, they jump to sign.

3 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I think the possibility exists we bring in clayton Geathers. he played for Pagano and has been a plus type player.  Not sure why colts haven't brought him back yet but the coach connection may get him in the door.  As soon as some of these players realize that their not getting big money, they jump to sign.

Yes soon we will be in that lull before the draft where teams wait to see who they draft before filling out the roster on min-type deals.  As a player you don't want to fall into that gap, at least I wouldn't because sometimes you get left on the outside looking in.  IIRC it was about this time last year we signed HHCD.